Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Wear Your Microchip... Or Eat It

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Wear Your Microchip... Or Eat It

Wear your chip or eat it

SHELLEY SINGH

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ SUNDAY, JUNE 24, 2007 12:15:54 AM]

Care to eat chips — not the potato ones in colourful packaging and different flavours but the digital ones, info rich variety! For starters, swallow this: If you happen to be among the select VIP members of the Baja Beach Club, one of Barcelona’s hottest night spots, you’ll not only be in the company of some very exclusive people, but also among the few with an implantable microchip. The chip was club owner Conrad Chase’s idea of offering a unique identity to the club’s VIP patrons.

Slightly larger than a grain of rice, the chip is used to identify people when they enter and pay for drinks. It is injected by a nurse under a local anesthetic. It is an RFID tag — radio frequency identification. RFID tags are miniscule microchips which listen for a radio query and respond by transmitting their unique ID code. Most RFID tags have no batteries: They use the power from the initial radio signal to transmit their response.

At the Baja Club if a special tag-reader is waved near the arm, a radio signal prompts the chip to transmit an identification number which is used to access information about the wearer from a database. Otherwise the chip is dormant. But its applications are wider.

The Baja club members are not the only users of such geeky stuff. Very soon most people might have some kind of a chip implanted in them, as a means to identify, deliver medicines, monitor health, give access to secure areas and also functions as digital door locks.

Just recently Kodak filed a patent for edible RFID chips. They’re designed for monitoring a patient’s gastric tract. The chips are covered in a harmless gelatin, which eventually dissolves. These RFID chips embed deep in the body and can be read by a scanner. After swallowing a tag a patient need only sit next to a radio source and receiver.

Kodak says that similar radio tags could also be embedded in an artificial knee or hip joint in such a way that they disintegrate as the joint does, warning of the need for surgery. Attaching tags to ordinary pills could also help nurses confirm that a patient has really taken their medicine as ordered.

VeriChip, another American company provides chips to hospitals to manage patients. It also provided chips to the Baja Club. An Israeli company Given Imaging has developed PillCam, a tiny two-sided camera the size of a large pill which patients swallow. It has been used for gastro-intestinal endoscopy tests to diagnose disorders of the oesophagus and the small intestine.

It takes pictures and sends them wirelessly to a recorder worn on the patient’s waist. The images are downloaded to a computer for diagnosis. The $450 capsule passes through the bowel naturally and is flushed down the toilet.

All this is part of what experts like to call “intra-body wireless communications”. In this more than one chip could be embedded in humans and these chips relay information to each other or to a receiver without interference, just as a radio can be tuned to different stations. So in diabetics, for example, an implanted glucose-level reader in one part of the body can communicate with an implanted insulin-pump elsewhere.

With such new innovations it will be more common in future to have some wireless devices which are ingested, implanted or simply attached to the body and linked to a network. It is still early days, but a wireless future with edible chips is clearly looming large on the horizon.

[url=http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Magazines/The_Sunday_ET/As_You_Like_It/Wear_your_chip_or_eat_it/articleshow/2144224.cms]Link - The Economic Times[/url]

2007/6/28 16:07
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re: Wear Your Microchip... Or Eat It

Wild Stuff,, just google VeriChip & see what you get...

I heard a couple of odd & similar stories a while back on WorldNet Daily

2007/6/28 16:36Profile

Re:

[b]G8 green light for global biometric database[/b]
Submitted by Netherlands IFP on Mon, 2007-05-28 18:22

G8 Justice and Interior Ministers on Friday
http://www.interpol.int/Public/ICPO/PressReleases/PR2007/PR200718.aspthe
setting up of a global biometric database proposed by the Interpol.

Interpol Secretary General Ronald K. Noble
http://www.interpol.int/Public/ICPO/Governance/SG/noble.asp
views this database as a vital policing tool required to tackle the global problem of prison escapes of terrorists and other dangerous criminals not being promptly and adequately reported to police worldwide.
Noble also sought G8 support for the creation of an international missing persons and unidentified bodies database.
Following the Asian tsunami in 2004, the need to develop a permanent structure to deal with any such future natural or manmade disasters was first raised by Germany at Interpol’s 2005 General Assembly.
Hosted by Interpol, this centralised database would enable police around the world to maintain and access information on unidentified persons and bodies on a day-to-day and long-term basis.
Interpol has progressed with the initiative and a pilot project with three G8 countries, Canada, Germany and the United Kingdom, will be launched by the end of 2007.

[b]Doctors back plan to store medical info under your skin .... ["biometric database" under your skin.][/b] Published on Wednesday, June 27, 2007.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070626/hl_afp/ushealthsciencetechnology;_ylt=AguKQStm0.XY5conVnrV1usDW7oF

[b]Googling away[/b]
http://www.blacklistednews.com/view.asp?ID=3356

2007/6/28 19:19

Re:

Quote:
G8 green light for global biometric database

It's like watching Bible prophecy unfold before our eyes.

2007/6/28 20:05
Compton

Re:

Quote:

It really is astounding...mankind desires peace and security, but alas, without Christ. The result is a false peace and security that culminates in enslavement and, I believe, eventual genocide that will come from an attempt at global government.

"The FDA may eventually approve "active" devices which contain internal batteries and can be updated as a patient's condition changes.

Can you imagine the Minority Report abuse that will be possible when governments can control your legal status right on your body simply with a brief wireless transmission from a satelite?

Recently I was at a digital signage trade show where wireless advertisements were being sent from booths to my cell phone all day long. By the end of the show my phone's internal memory was filled to capacity with these invasive and annoying branded jpeg messages. Imagine the RF signals that could one day be passing to and fro from an embedded identity chip in your body as you move within a ubiquitous network of data gathering devices for retail, entertainment, medical, government, and military sectors.

Human beings will no longer see the internet as something to be connected to at personal discretion. Instead we will become nodes ourselves within a global network...even during sleep. Mankind will become a contiguous species implanted with wi-fi tape worms collecting information for the state: homo res publica.

And people are literally swallowing this technology voluntarily? Talk about swallowing a camel...

MC

2007/6/28 22:38Profile
K_DAY

Ann Arbor, MI

Re:

Quote:

It seems like everyone knows for certain that the mark of the beast comes in the form of some sort of RFID chip (I assume thats what the article was posted in reference to). This has caused a sort of extreme paranoia to all forms of biotechnology.

Quote:
And people are literally swallowing this technology voluntarily? Talk about swallowing a camel...

My late father voluntarily swallowed the two-sided camera to view his gastrointestinal tract when doctors were trying to diagnose his sickness. No, he wasn't signing up with the devil, or trying to jump start the apocalypse. He was simply trying to get better, and allowing modern medicine to help that cause.

Why are we so stuck on biotech? Hey, maybe it'll just be a big red stamp on our forehead...

2007/6/28 23:14Profile
Compton

Re:

K Day,

I appreciate your tempered response and call for a healthy and informed appraisal of these things.

For what it's worth, my concern over this stuff isn't soley rooted in eschatology. (I agree with you that we really don't know for certain the actual form of the mark, only that it's nature and essense is anti-christ.) My present concern over biotechnology is that while it is doing good things today...it's vector indicates some serious Orwellian potential. Do we believe biotechnology, for all it's good, will not be used harmfully? It is barely a couple of decades old and already it is helping alter moral and ethical paradyms for human value, gender, reproduction, and family structure.

The passengers on a train might enjoy the scenery along the way, but eventually the train will arrive at the station.

There is something of the tower of Babel in our high-soaring genius. When we start creating human/animal cross species can the God of the Old Testament be far off with his response, if only to prune?

Quote:
No, he wasn't signing up with the devil, or trying to jump start the apocalypse

I am glad for everything we can do to help heal and cure. I don't think that camera was a mark of the beast at all! I would have swallowed the camera myself...(though I would not swallow some of these secure entry chips that some employers are testing.)

In the long run I feel biotechnology is a faustian bargain much like nuclear power which offers a brighter day, while having the capability to bring hell upon us. But in all fairness to science, it's not science that worries me. It's the scientists.

On a darkly related note...I recently heard a report that a future terrorist concern of the FBI is not Islam; in 10 years it will be your local high school students with the information, technology, and lab equipment to engineer new viruses. (Not the computer kind, but the biological kind...) Now that a chia pet for the 21st century!

Today it seems like Christmas, but the gift of biotechology is a pandora's box. Still, I appreciate your sense of proportion and balance in valuing the benificial aspects of this science.

MC

2007/6/29 0:13Profile

Re:

Personally, I think it was quite rude to come and pull quotes from someone's post after not being here in over 3 weeks and not knowing who your talking to. Kev, you just popped on to be sarcastic ? Maybe you should read 2Peter3.

Anyhow, maybe this article will be more entertaining and there's even a place at the bottom where you can 'have your say' there also.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1996553.ece

Hey ~ and I even found another 100 chips for the dip. :-P

http://www.blacklistednews.com/category_view.asp?CID=21

And a teeny-weeny one for buggies too.

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article1831494.ece

Now with this last article -- the folks posting to it would really love to hear some apocalyptic-paranoia-wise-cracks. 8-)

Hey sonny, whadaya expect from an old lady ?

Should'a picked on me instead.:-x

Compton's too nice ... even to me.
Annie

2007/6/29 1:15
K_DAY

Ann Arbor, MI

Re:

Quote:
Personally, I think it was quite rude to come and pull quotes from someone's post after not being here in over 3 weeks and not knowing who your talking to. Kev, you just popped on to be sarcastic ? Maybe you should read 2Peter3.

GrannieAnnie-

I reread my post and admit that I wasn't too careful with it. I can definitely see how it could come off the wrong way.

I actually wasn't trying to be sarcastic, or pick on anyone. I was just observing how many articles I have seen here on SI about RFID tags, and how it seems like it has almost become a point of doctrine that these will be the mark of the beast. I don't think that God is waiting on the appropriate technology to develop before the end times are set in motion. Instead, we have more obvious signs, such as the moral decay of a world. Thats just why I don't get worked up about those things - it doesn't make the day draw any nearer than it already is.

I think what struck a chord with me the most was that in the article which was posted to show how the world is coming to an end, very trivial, and harmless things were included. Indeed, one of the things listed had at one point been a blessing to me and my family.

The death of my dad is still a really sore subject for me. He was my greatest example on earth, and someone I looked up to more than anyone. Swallowing a GI camera is in my opinion not even closely related to the apocalypse, and I think it frustrated me that it seemed my dad was being associated with the gadgetry of the devil.

I apologize for not being clearer, and not being more tactful.

I was being completely literal though: it really could just be a big old red stamp on our forehead.

MC- I really appreciate the response. I think I need to be more cautious with my assessment of technology as well. I think it is awesome that I can a crystal clear image of my house from 100 feet away on google maps...but I see where this could go... Most of us already carry around with us a device that could be used to show exactly where we are at any time (a cell phone).

From a scriptural point of view, will people know that it is the mark of the beast, or will they take it unknowingly? Christians will surely know what it is, so they know not to take it, right?

2007/6/29 10:43Profile

Re: Not swingin'a cane & hollerin'.

Hi K_Day, I can't utilize all the quote buttons, colors, etc., so all I can do is reply line by line.
[b]If I put my replies in bold - please know that's it's only to compensate for my inability to do these type replies in a better way.[/b]

I reread my post and admit that I wasn't too careful with it. I can definitely see how it could come off the wrong way.

[b]It did. And my reply could have been done differently also. But I'll try to explain as you have.[/b]

I actually wasn't trying to be sarcastic, or pick on anyone. I was just observing how many articles I have seen here on SI about RFID tags, and how it seems like it has almost become a point of doctrine that these will be the mark of the beast.

[b]So what you're saying is, that you disagree that the chip will be used in these last days "in order to buy & sell".

I think whatever the SI members want to post on, they should be permitted to whether our "doctrine" differs or not. I wouldn't want to put a fear in folks that they can't post on Technology or Biometrics, or anything relevant to these days. Compton answered well on what he sees also and he's much more intelligent than I. But I personally love following technology and feel or should I say 'know' -
that it is a very vital part of the beast system as it's called (not talking Tim LaHaye stuff here) and young & old Christians really DO need to hear about the chip and all else, so that they won't believe these other false prophets out there, telling them to go ahead and get Chipped.[/b]

I don't think that God is waiting on the appropriate technology to develop before the end times are set in motion.

[b]God is not waiting for anything. But He told us, that there will be such a system in place during those days, that globally, one will not be able to buy or sell without the mark.

I saw a commercial some years ago now ... a legitimate one, of a man walking through a store, picking up items and just walking out of the store, and when a salesclerk went after him, I thought she's tell him, he hadn't paid. Instead she said, "here's your receipt Sir".

Also in 1998, I got a Visa card application from Boulder, Co. and in fine print at the bottom, it said, "As we successfully move on to a cash-less society ...."

If you truly think it through, there is no other way to keep track of folks, to have a cashless society that won't "lose their I.D. card or debit card" or have their identity stolen as the "no buying or selling" without it, comes into place.

One nite last year, as I listened to the BBC over here in the US, they interviewed one fellow who was attending the G8 conference, and he said basically 'we can't use the national ID card, because it's useless Internationally, so we should go right to the chip'.[/b]

Instead, we have more obvious signs, such as the moral decay of a world. Thats just why I don't get worked up about those things - it doesn't make the day draw any nearer than it already is.

[b]We're not looking for signs, we trying to obey the Lord where He commanded us to "watch" and "know" and "avoid" and "understand and compute" and so on. He made it clear that people perish for a lack of Knowledge.
He wrote into the Bible, three times more about His Second Coming and the 'events' precedeing it, than He wrote of His First Advent. And said for us to have understanding and compute.
He wanted us to know without a shadow of a doubt what would take place so that we could avoid being deceived.[/b]

I think what struck a chord with me the most was that in the article which was posted to show how the world is coming to an end, very trivial, and harmless things were included. Indeed, one of the things listed had at one point been a blessing to me and my family.

[b]I didn't read that article, but I'm sure it meant that, in the wrong hands the same technology that can be used for Good is also being used for evil.
We're using one now as we 'speak'. The main one at that.

Many of us do believe we are living in "those days", so maybe you may want to rethink if you want to correct us or them each time it is brought up. We could start a thread on that - though there are a few already.[/b]

The death of my dad is still a really sore subject for me. He was my greatest example on earth, and someone I looked up to more than anyone. Swallowing a GI camera is in my opinion not even closely related to the apocalypse, and I think it frustrated me that it seemed my dad was being associated with the gadgetry of the devil.

[b]No, you know no one here would even compare what medical help your Dad received to evil and I hope you've been here long enough to know that these folks really do take the loss of a loved one very seriously.
I'm not sure how these articles could be related with what you've said above, but I think it was just a misunderstanding and know that any Post on technology, will have nothing to do with what good folks receive from it.[/b]

I apologize for not being clearer, and not being more tactful.

[b]You were clear enough. Just the tact part toward these two brothers got me doing my equally untactful Grannie thing.
But I'll go back to just being Annie again. O.K. friend ? ;-)[/b]

I was being completely literal though: it really could just be a big old red stamp on our forehead.

[b]Ha, we're being literal too.
A stamp ? -- No way brother. The Database is not built for "big old red stamps".
That's where maybe you may want to look deeper.
Much deeper actually, because it may save your family, friends and youself one day.
We have to know NOW where to draw our line in the sand ... Of how far we ourselves will go with Technology and obeying new laws that may compromise our faith in GOD and His provision.

Please be more open to other's views on these things. And that we will see technology that we're not discussing here just yet, but could be posted, that would maybe change your view on things. Thanks ! And take good care.

His Peace to you.[/b]

Annie

2007/6/29 12:13

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy