SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Africa being saved - Yahoo News

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lovegrace

Africa being saved - Yahoo News

"The U.S. Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life says Pentecostalism is growing globally, with a quarter of the world's 2 billion Christians thought to be members of these faiths that emphasize speaking in tongues, divine healing, prophesy and [b]a strongly literal interpretation of Bible stories.[/b]"

Although the story ends with a twist about 'prosperity preachers'. I thought the article was great to hear Reinhard Bonnke's vision is being reconized. (Some know Bonnke because he has shared a 'vision of Africa is going to be saved')

I heard Art Katz say, "It's great to hear a vision like that. But I felt like God said to me, 'If I can fulfill that vision, how much more so the written Word of God [All of Israel will be saved]'" (This is just a side note)

17% of people in Africa are pentacostal Christians.

It doesn't matter to me what denomination. But it's great to hear the gospel is spreading rapidly. May we all be encouraged.

For full article.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070626/lf_nm/africa_pentecostals_dc

2007/6/27 0:26Profile

Re: Africa being saved - Yahoo News

Thank you. This is encuraging.

2007/6/27 0:35
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

It’s great to hear this! Let me add a little bit to this since I’m from Africa. I once shared a prayer title to the SI community under the title “Jihad on the church of Ethiopia” where I reported how the brethren not many miles away from my city were being slaughtered by the muslims for their faith. This is want I want to add- few days ago a brother from our church was on that region and he came back with a great news- after the massacre the Lord stroke the muslim community there with great fear- and many muslim head of families who were once on the side of the jihadists are turning up to local churches with their families saying I want to follow your Jesus even if it means death to me! And the brethren there are now short of ministers due to the large overturning of muslims to churches- isn’t it true that the blood of saints is always a seed- few were sacrificed but many are saved due to their sacrifice the Lord is doing this in my country pray that ministers will be raised in those regions that cope with the coming crowed!

Praise his name!

Your sis. Mek.

2007/6/27 1:37Profile

Re:

what a sham article... nothing in that article could be far from truth... by the way, what Babylon sows, everybody else in the world reaps and carries on...except the true remenants. i know one great great man of God that used to live in DC(he healed the sick, had the gift of prophecy, had the gift of tongues, never asked for cent from the congregation or others, never had a website as far as i knew, would even call out people specifically by name when healing disease when he healed them,- to sum it up, directly heard from the mouth of God) he left the prosperity that was in the US to go shepherd a small church in Africa. if you don't believe me, ask the poster before me who Daniel Mekonnen is. but you won't find him ever giving an interview to church magazines let alone a secular media- never... the most amazing part, he lived in DC for at least 15 years while in exile, and went to no church to proclaim himself or his message. just as i arrived here in the US, he left. oh! i am sorry i am just weeping now

2007/6/27 8:42
BradW

Edmonton, AB, Canada

Although I'm delighted that so many are interested in turning to Christianity, is the the Christ of the Bible? This is a saddening article, brethren.

Quote:
The pastor touches an old woman, she faints. Then out come the collection envelopes. Minimum is 100,000 Uganda shillings ($62.5), although the poor can give as little as 10,000 [b]to receive a blessing[/b]

[i]Paying[/i] to receive blessings???

2007/6/27 10:27Profile

Revival in Africa. yes and amen.

2007/6/27 11:42

Re:

Quote:
what a sham article

A sham indeed, but not all. In the midst of it all there is Gods true people working to get the gospel out. It's like the world sees all Christians as Catholic and we are shouting out from the masses saying we are not, but no one can hear us. Even though these guys are charletons, in order for them to tell their lies, they have to give some of the truth.
Quote:
Philippians 1:15-18 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, But the other of love, What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

So thankfully, some truth is being spread.

2007/6/27 15:32
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

I'm not sure whether I should be outraged or whether I should cry about what's going on. The article said it best. [b]PULPIT SCAM!!!!!!!!!![/b]
And to think that they do all this in the name of Jesus! Even the unsaved reporter can see through all this trash! Oh my, this is truly terrible. God help them. It will be fearful thing the day these "faith" healers answer to God for what they've done.

2007/6/27 16:36Profile
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

It is very saddening to read the article- but what cheers me is that the Lord has his own remnants everywhere. And what I focus on these days is not on what these people out there are doing but my own walk before the Lord for the eyes of the wise is on himself. If the Lord finds me it is very easy for him to wipe out the shame in his house through me so let the SI community strive to be found of him without fault and we can change all this! And "sb1175" are you from Ethiopia? for your surprise Daniel Mekonnen is my cousin! What you said about him is all true and there are lots of God's children out there who are truly striving to live for his glory alone! Lord I want to be in their number! AMEN

Your sis. Mek.

2007/6/28 3:50Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

The Lord Jesus said,

[b][color=660033]I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.[/color][/b]

2007/7/2 16:18Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy