SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Street Preachers arise

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
drew777

Street Preachers arise

Me and a friend of mine, both of us being "preacher boys" ( i was 14 at he time he was 16) went to downtown Weaverville , about 20 minutes north of hendersonville, we preached handedout tracks and did just as fiery as this man. You know what, a girl got saved!!! Praise God. A hell-fire brimestone message is what gets some people in. I wwould consider it a great honor to tell an officer that I will not stop preaching. I tell ya people I'd rather be hauled off to jail than stop preaching for my LORD. I don't work for the county I work for God!

2007/6/26 15:31Profile

Re: Street Preachers arise

I love that verse that says blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

2007/6/26 15:45

In our city, we are granted the right to ask the city to give a space of time in the city's core to preach the gospel. There are several churches and lone individuals that participate.

2007/6/26 18:40

Quote:

I would consider it a great honor to tell an officer that I will not stop preaching. I tell ya people I'd rather be hauled off to jail than stop preaching for my LORD. I don't work for the county I work for God!

Keep walking around your city interceding and ministering and it will happen. Once I was interceding over a rich neighborhood, because of a fresh church plant in the area. And a copper threatened to make up a phony charge of trespassing, even though I wasn't, and haul me off to jail. I started to witness to him by, not trying to, but explaining to him why I was out so late praying. The other officer with him seemed to just be smiling not allowing his harsh superior to see him. I got off with a warning, or next time I would go directly to jail, letting me know even if he had to make something up to get me there. Persecution will be a definate future heavenly blessing, but let me warn you, to me I feel it's never pleasant going through it, but later it becomes an awesome reward.

2007/6/26 19:31
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Brother...humility is of the Lord.

2007/6/26 20:57Profile

Re:

Well Nile... So is judging. I ain't nothing but a nobody anyways, so let me share my story and leave me alone. You have a problem with me sharing my testimony, when it uplifts me. Well here is some humility to add. I later fell to sex and drugs, and lost my wife and kid, ended up living in a life of hell you can only begin to imagine. I ruined my life, my witness and everything else. I feel humility is a foundation, and we cannot be a true witness lacking respect for authority. I from shambles have only been graced to see God rebuild me and not give up on me. I like my original post though, I thought sharing my puny story of persecution might encourage and uplift this kid to pray, maybe shed some future knowledge of how satan attacks when you’re stepping out, when nobody else does. And that enduring persecution really isn't pretty. If you feel I lack humility or the one who posted this thread, rather than come out and be an accuser, why not add something that may be of some help, than trying to point out stuff and doing absolutely nothing about it. All I'm saying Nile is that you have a point, but next time, please think maybe even pray before you make a post like that. You can end up doing more damage than good. Take care....

2007/6/26 23:32
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

ce4

Blessings man. Hang in there,what is waiting for the believer so overshadows the temperary inconveniences that we encouner here. Keeping you and all who venture here in my prayres.
Blessings Greg ;-)

2007/6/27 0:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy