SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Your Personal Story of God's Supernatural Intercession/Provision

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
FreebyWord

Your Personal Story of God's Supernatural Intercession/Provision

I would sure be edified to hear other believers' stories of how God intervened or provided for you, your family, or the experience of a friend who is a believer in our Lord Jesus though I'd prefer it to be a first-hand story of yours personally.

Don't you think we would all be strengthed in the Lord to hear what He has done in others' lives?

2007/6/25 18:22Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re: Your Personal Story of God's Supernatural Intercession/Provision

One of the times the Lord worked most is when I was praying for a spiritually lost man who was in the hospital close to death. I was praying for him and also at this time fasting. I felt very burdened for him and didn't know what to do because he said he was right with God, but we knew from the fruits that he wasn't.

After praying for maybe half an hour the Lord gave me the assurance that He would save Jim. I think it was the next day that my dad and I went up to visit him. We asked him if he thought that the Lord was trying to get his attention and he said that if He was he wished God would stop.

This lead to maybe a 45 min. talk and at the end he was saved and you could see the light on Jim's face. Praise the Lord, because only several months latter he died.

Jordan

2007/6/25 19:24Profile
pastorfrin

Hi FreebyWord,
I posted this on 4-2-06 on the thread: That I May Know Him.
Our two youngest daughters and their families were here today after church. Number 4 & 5 of our seven children. #4 is due any hour, will be her forth and lets see our 14th grandchild.
It was 27 years ago, I had just walked in the door from visiting a family from our church. Our #3 a son and #4 a daughter were riding their big wheels behind the house, on the cement, by the garage. A sister from the church, who was nine months pregnant, stopped by to drop off a bag of clothes. My wife handed me #5 a baby daughter, so she could go to the door. The sister dropped off the clothes and said she was in a hurry and had to leave. My wife told her to wait and not to move her car until she knew where all the children were. She did not hear her and backed her full size Ford station wagon down our 60ft. cement driveway and turned into the road.
That is when I heard my wife yell my name, and the sound of her voice said it all. I ran out the door just in time to see our little #4, our 18mo. old daughter, struggling to stand, where she had been run over as the car turned to back into the road. Yes, she was dragged 60ft down a cement drive, caught under the car by her dress until the tire turned caught her and ran over her chest.
A police officer, who was at his mail box, picked her up, handed her to my wife and said, you can take her to the hospital now or wait for an ambulance. I was at her side by then and said we will take her ourselves.
Just then a sister from the church, who lived several blocks away, came running up and said the Lord Just spoke to me and said come right away, what can I do? I handed her the baby and asked if she could watch the rest of our children, and take care of the sister who had just ran over our little girl. She said ok, so we jumped in the car and headed for the hospital, which was ten miles away.
There were cars everywhere and I was driving like a madman. The car began to thump really bad so I had to slow down from about 90 or so, and it was then that I looked at my little girl. Her eyes were dull and lifeless, I had seen the look to many times before, But not my little girl.
I cried no Lord and put one of my hands on her and my wife and I began to pray.
The car was thumping terrible now and we didn’t know if we would even make it to the hospital.
Then it happened, her little hand moved and I looked into those beautiful little eyes and I saw light began to shine. Our Lord was putting life into our little girl, those dull lifeless eyes began to sparkle, OUR LORD WAS THERE.
We began to praise Him and speak in tongues and glory His glory filled that car, and all of us inside, and then we were there, at the hospital entrance. They came running out to meet us, the officer had called ahead.
They never once took our little girl from my wife, the whole time we were there. They covered my wife with a lead apron to protect her and the (oh, I didn’t mention, she was pregnant for #6); baby she was carrying. They found nothing broken she had a bruised chest with imbedded tire tread marks. She had much hair and scalp missing from the back of her head. Her forehead and part of her nose was scraped away from being dragged
down the cement driveway, they said she would need plastic surgery when she got older to fix the scaring. She was a pitiful looking little girl, but she was very much alive. They said take her out and buy her ice cream and anything she wants, for she truly is a miracle before our eyes. So we did.
The next morning we were at the post office and the officer who had handed us our little girl was there. He about had a heart attack. He then shared with us the only reason He let us take her. It was because he saw the tread marks a crossed her chest and wanted us to be alone with her the last few minutes of her life.
The Lord completely healed her and she never had to have any plastic surgery. Praise His Holy Name.
I wish I could stop here but I can't. You remember the sister the Lord spoke to and said, go to the pastors house right away. We had just buried her little 3 year old daughter, several weeks before; We walked into the house with our little girl and all the children came running and we were all praising the Lord and the dear sister said praise God He brought your little girl home, and then she looked at me and said, pastor
Why did God let you bring your little girl home and He kept my little girl. As we all hugged each other and cried I said my dear sister only He knows why, only He knows.

Oh that we may know Him, and the power of His resurrection.

Love to all,
pastorfrin

His love and His ways are past our understanding but we should always believe and obey His Word and we will know Him more and more and behold His wondrous works, at times in seemingly impossible situations.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/6/25 19:41Profile

Re:

WOW!!!!! postorfrin.... What a story!!!

2007/6/26 1:59
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re: A Supernatural Intervention

Several years ago I experienced many very difficult situations one right after the other. Instead of running closer to Christ, I withdrew. Spiritually weakened, I was vulnerable. When the enemy began to attack from a new direction, I didn’t even recognize him….

I began losing weight. Not being overweight to begin with, people began to notice and make comments and I liked the attention. I began to work very hard to lose even more weight and by the time I realized that I had a problem, I was trapped in it and couldn’t stop. My weight dropped to 79 pounds. Friends would pray for me and as they were praying I was also praying, “Lord, don’t answer that”. I was so desperately afraid of gaining weight. After 1 year of torturing my body with excessive exercise and starvation, I knew that I was killing myself. I had no strength left in my body and frequently had chest pains. I was afraid that I was going to die. But still I did not want to be free.

Through the whole ordeal I still went to church and I would cry through the entire song service because I knew that what I was doing was wrong, and that I was even more wrong for not wanting to be set free from this terrible bondage.

One afternoon on my way home from work I was listening to a worship CD in my car. I was so very very unhappy, because I could never get thin enough to be satisfied. And a song came on with these words:

All her debts are cast on Me
She must and shall go free

And the Lord Jesus Christ could not have been more real to me in that moment if He had been sitting in the seat next to me. In that instance I felt the Lord’s fierce determination that His people would not be bound and oppressed. And the Holy Spirit spoke these words to my heart – “ your prison doors are open”. I wept the entire way home. From that very moment, everything changed and I was free.

And now, 7 months later, I am healthy, with no trace of anorexia. The professionals that were trying to help me knew that I had experienced a miracle. People will sometimes ask me, “what made you want to get better”. And the truth is that I never wanted to get better and I never asked to get better. I had a supernatural intervention.

This experience has left me with an even greater realization of the wickedness of my own heart without Christ and my natural tendencies toward self destruction. But even more, it has shown me that I really really am His and He loves me. He would not have been unjust to let me die. But instead, He once again called me out of darkness into His marvelous light.

All praise and glory to the wonderful name of the Lord Jesus.

Danielle

2007/6/26 6:45Profile
Compton

Re:

Beautiful testimony, Danielle.

MC

2007/6/26 8:45Profile
FreebyWord

Re: YOUR Supernatural Provision from the Lord Jesus

pastorfrin and Danielle your testimonies of God's supernatural intervention and provision in your lives is awesome! Thank you both for taking time to give us insight into your personal lives and how God in His mercy heard your cries pastorfrin and delivered your daughter and saw your pain and healed you Danielle. Thank you for revealing to us, we do have HOPE in the Lord Jesus.

The Lord brought to my mind last night this intervention from danger, and I related it to a friend. I'll post it here and I pray it builds someone's faith that God is forever watching over us, intervening on our behalf, and providing for all our needs.

Back in summer of 1991 my husband was out at sea commercial fishing, my daughters away, and about 9:30 that night I decided to run to the grocery store. I returned about an hour later and when I stepped inside the foyer, the Lord told me to stop and wait there in the foyer. I didn't know why I standing there with my bags but I obeyed and about five minutes later the Lord said "it's ok now."

I didn't know what I was looking for, but I crept from room to room in the house, with my bags in front of me as I searched for what I knew not. At my bedroom I found what I was looking for--a window was wide open, a chair pulled underneath the window, and all my camera gear was missing.

I knew that the Lord had mercifully supernaturally intervened by having me wait, as the intruder was surely still inside the house on my entry.

Our God reigns.

HomeFree89 I read again just now your post and the greatest "intervention" the Lord can have in ones life has to be that of salvation. Thank you for reminding us to press in to the Lord on behalf of the lost.

2007/6/26 15:17Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Very edifying thread...have been richly blessed reading others' responses.

Now for one of my own...

Our one and only daughter, Regina, had died back in January of 1996. She was 25 YO, married with two children. She died from a glioblastoma - that is a malignancy or a brain tumor.

Now it was Christmas and I had resigned that I will never again receive a gift from her because she is gone. I loved her gifts: they were given with love and so much thought. She was gifted in chosing appropriate gifts for others.

At our yearly gift exchange with my family, which consisted of my parents, their four children, our spouses and a host of grands, my sister presented to me a box of quilt blocks, all embroidered by friends and relatives. This project was started by Gina for me but sickness forced her to abandon this project. After her demise, her MIL found this and gave it to my sister to supervise its completion.

Now I was at home, it was quiet and I took this box, opened it and reverently went through it, admiring the handiwork of all who took the time to craft such beauty for me. As I was was going through this, I suddenly felt an overwhelming love come over my body: it started at my head and went down to my feet. I felt so loved: it was a supernatural love. I felt so loved by God. I knew then He was in this project from day one and He provided for my comfort this very Christmas.

Since then I no longer belabored my lack of gifts from Gina: God had provided supernaturally for me what she never could. God loved me so much, I was so loved by God, it was awesome.

The lesson I learned from this death is that when we surrender to God the life of our loved ones, allow Him to do as he will and expect Him to give us the comfort we need, He will do that and it will exceed all of our expectations!

God is so good!

ginnyrose

2007/6/27 20:44Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Mind if I share another one? And it has to do with death...just hang on, it is not morbid!

Regina, our DD, had been diagnosed with a brain tumor, a glioblastoma, a very deadly form of cancer. She was prayed for by thousands, anointed with oil. But she still died.

Early on when Dr. Field told me she would die unless a miracle occurred, I was devastated. I had only one daughter, God! Only one!!! If you take her, I would have none! I had four sons left...but no daughters!!! I cried hard for two days. Then at the end of day two I decided I cannot function like this any longer, I must have this out with God.

I put my GD to bed and spent a long time alone with God. I read about having faith like a grain of mustard seed and told God I did not have even that much and he would have to provide even that for me. After I was done I felt in my spirit I was to live life to the full every day; make life happen every day because we do NOT know when or IF Gina will die: who knows? we may die before she does? In any case, I was to not worry about her dying, God will provide for me if that were to happen. In the meantime she is still alive so celebrate that! And I did. The months that follow were sweet months, the time I spent with her were precious.

Nine months later her condition deteriorated rapidly when I specifically told God you either heal her OR take her: it was so bad. He took us at our word and called her home on Jan. 14, 1996. She suffered no pain, had no meds in her system to soothe pains because she was pain free! God answered this prayer beautifully! Even Dr. Field was amazed.

That evening I went to bed to sleep. It was likely around ten o'clock. As I lay there, her life from birth to the present was being played out in my memory like as though I was seeing a movie. This went on for hours. I remember seeing the time of 1:00 AM on the clock. During this time I was filled with incredible joy that God had loaned her to us these 25 years. Since it was a loan to us from God, he had every right to recall that at will. And I knew that and believed it with all my heart. I was so thankful, so incrediblly thankful that she graced our home all these years, was enjoyed by her parents and four brothers. Yes, God was so good to have given us this gift.

God did give me the comfort when I needed it. It far surpassed anything my imagination could have dreamed up.

Ah, the blessings of God when we surrender what is so dear to us to Him who is able to do above all that we ever ask or think!

ginnyrose

2007/6/27 21:02Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Ginnyrose,

Your testimonies touched my heart.

God bless you my sister.

2007/6/27 23:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy