SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : how do you know you are going to heaven

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

how do you know you are going to heaven

a boy a few weeks ago ask me this question
how you know you are going to heaven?
How do you know God let go to heaven?

I gave a few answers But I love to hear what you
tell someone . why are you going to heaven
how do you know for sure..

in his love
charlene

2007/6/23 17:50Profile

Re: how do you know you are going to heaven

Because Jesus Christ died on the cross, God raised Him from the dead, and now He sits at the right hand of God, able to save to the uttermost all that come to God by Him.

2007/6/23 18:18

Because Heaven is already in my heart, in the person of the Man who left heaven for me, and whose Spirit is in my heart - as Paul said, the Earnest of our inheritance (the foretaste, given as guarantee of the fulness to come).

Reminds me of the hymn, "...Where Jesus is, 'tis heaven there"

Thanks for this question, you are sure to ge some interesting and blessed answers!

Jeannette

2007/6/23 18:59
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

because the witness is in me.

1Jo 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son

This is the finish of what the witness in me is:
1 John 5:11-13 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

The life of Christ in me is real and I know it by the Holy Spirit who only speaks of Jesus Christ and Him Crucified and all I want is to know Him more.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/6/24 4:00Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Because you are continualy awestruck that it could even be possible. That when you reach the door you will still feel something of an intruder though He beckons you welcome.

Surely you would take off your shoes before entering

2007/6/24 9:05Profile

Quote:
how you know you are going to heaven [where He is]?

Pure 100% faith in Jesus Christ and what He accomplished on the cross by taking away our sins and by placing the witness of the Spirit in our lives.

We know that He has come because there is no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus. And we know that we are going to be where He is because He has made our hands pure and has given us a clean heart. "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God".

2007/6/24 10:50
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

When every hard thing, everything that is difficult and painful, disappears into peace, knowing that you one day will go Home.

And if every day, you desire to be there, and long to go Home, yet stay on earth because God can use you there.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/6/24 23:19Profile
Sistren_MML

Ft. Wayne, IN

If we have repented and believed on Jesus then He has promised that we can be in Heaven with Him. Rom. 10:9-11 says,

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him, shall not be ashamed.

But, as with His covenant with Israel, if we break our side of the covenant (in other words, if don't obey Him), then God is obligated by His holiness, justice, and righteousness to administer the consequences He laid down in the very beginning for sin: eternal death.

As far as we can see, this viewpoint comes straight from scripture but we would enjoy hearing your input.

Mikah and Morgan

2007/6/25 14:39Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

I wonder if a focus on going to heaven isn't out of balance. We love God because He first loved us and because He purchased us with the blood of His only begotten Son. Not because we want to go to heaven. Perhaps it would be good to explain that to the person who original asked you the question Charlene. The focus of every other religion on earth is to get people to heaven. Not to get people to their god. As far as how does a believer know that he/she is on their way to heaven? Because God promised eternal life to His children.

2007/6/25 15:13Profile
Sistren_MML

Ft. Wayne, IN

Re:

Thank you for pointing out that salvation is a whole bunch more than just going to heaven. We also believe that God doesn't want people to get saved just to go to heaven. We believe He wants to get to know us in a relationship, and wants us as believers to worship Him and give Him glory.

Blessings,

Mikah and Morgan

2007/6/25 21:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy