SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Art Katz - Urgent !!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Christ is our deliverer. I am struck by the wonder and mercy of God and the awesomeness of this time. Should the Lord choose to take Art on I will truly feel the loss. This is a crisis hour. I have to know that God is in control and He knows what He is doing. For whatever reason this news causes me to do a lot of soul searching. Even at this moment God is using the circumstances of his life to speak to hearts. Art and his family are certainly on our hearts and in our prayers.

2007/6/23 22:50Profile

Re: Art Katz - Urgent !!!

Praying also.

Quote:
Dad is ready to go, he is ready to be with the Lord.

[i]Ready...and waiting.[/i]

2007/6/23 23:23
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Art ... another father in his own way

Quote:
Christ is our deliverer. I am struck by the wonder and mercy of God and the awesomeness of this time. Should the Lord choose to take Art on I will truly feel the loss. This is a crisis hour. I have to know that God is in control and He knows what He is doing. For whatever reason this news causes me to do a lot of soul searching. Even at this moment God is using the circumstances of his life to speak to hearts. Art and his family are certainly on our hearts and in our prayers.

Indeed Robert, indeed. Have been almost methodicaly and slowly reading, no, apprehending this most recent transcription from the site [url=http://www.benisrael.org/writings/articles_artkatz/Beyond_Categories.html]Beyond Categories[/url] and in many ways it is emphaticaly the marrow of the man in his expression and his peculiar and challenging ... effrontery? It is the very in your face ... scrambling for adequate words here ... I can not think of a time where he did not bring you to a place of confrontation in the ultimate sense, he always has the sheer ability to be ultimately self effacing, highly suspicious and out right distrustful of the natural beasts that we are yet still in so many ways. The courage to challenge and speak those things where others would shrink back and still manage to do it without* putting on 'airs' as it were. Can't but help read without a whole backlog of review, personal encounter ... a sense of woe that I didn't take up the invitation to come visit, ah, even that would be meat for wrong [i]seeing[/i] to use his parlance.

Many questions, the soul is stirred, the marrow is bleeding love towards him, to God, to tension, to the Lords will ...
Quote:
I am struck by the wonder and mercy of God and the awesomeness of this time.

Amen ... there is something hanging in the suspension ... [i]Ah[/i]

*Edit: Correction, had 'with' erroneously prior

2007/6/24 8:56Profile
Nellie

Re: Art Katz - Urgent !!!

Father,
Be with Art and his Family at this trying, yet
Glorious time for Art.
Only You know the souls this man has won to Jesus Christ.
Grant his request, in Jesus Name.
Truly, He has fought a good fight, and kept the faith.
Your will be done, in Jesus Name.

2007/6/24 9:40Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
Quote:

Indeed Robert, indeed. Have been almost methodically and slowly reading, no, apprehending this most recent transcription from the site [url=http://www.benisrael.org/writings/articles_artkatz/Beyond_Categories.html]Beyond Categories[/url] and in many ways it is emphatically the marrow of the man in his expression and his peculiar and challenging ... effrontery? It is the very in your face ... scrambling for adequate words here ... I can not think of a time where he did not bring you to a place of confrontation in the ultimate sense, he always has the sheer ability to be ultimately self effacing, highly suspicious and out right distrustful of the natural beasts that we are yet still in so many ways. The courage to challenge and speak those things where others would shrink back and still manage to do it with putting on 'airs' as it were. Can't but help read without a whole backlog of review, personal encounter ... a sense of woe that I didn't take up the invitation to come visit, ah, even that would be meat for wrong [i]seeing[/i] to use his parlance.

Many questions, the soul is stirred, the marrow is bleeding love towards him, to God, to tension, to the Lords will ...
Quote:
I am struck by the wonder and mercy of God and the awesomeness of this time.

Amen ... there is something hanging in the suspension ... [i]Ah[/i]

Interestingly [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3372]Beyond Categories[/url] was a sermon which after listening to only once, promised myself not to listen again until I had memorised and meditated upon Pslam 73 for myself. This all occurred in the months lead to Art's visit to Melbourne, and these two events marked and epochal event which has set the course of my life since. That being one of developing an ever increasing appreciation of "practical living martyrdom".
Quote:

Reality is sanity, and the paradox is that the man is drawn to a near insanity in order to find it. Do we love God enough for that? Are we willing to suffer that kind of anguish of soul where it seems like our very faith is at threat and at risk? It is scandalously close to being violated or dismissed or made heretical. Are we willing to be stretched to the ultimate place of breaking, in a deepest kind of anguish that exceeds mere physical suffering – because it is a moral anguish in the prospect that God may not be God as we know Him, understand Him and desire Him to be?

At the risk of prematurely eulogising him, the thing that I will be most grateful of Art for is making me aware of this very fact. I will forever be indebted to Art for to Art for introducing me to God as very God.

At the risk of sounding strange or, dare I say, superstitious, I cannot help but feel that Art's exit from this temporal realm, will mark the beginning of a pivotal event in history, possibly even being a birth-pang of Jacob's Time of Trouble.
Quote:

In a recent radio interview, Art proposed that the church has failed to apprehend the radical nature of its own faith and message in direct proportion to its neglect to engage Israel as a first priority in its missionary calling. This neglect has cost the church immeasurably. Jewish opposition to the gospel is ordained for the church's sake. "As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes." The formidable fortifications of Jewish unbelief constitutes an ultimate challenge for the church of the last days to be Davidic and apostolic. Nothing less than this task is so well suited to compel the church to do its homework, to 'dig deep' and study to give an answer. It is a task that demands nothing less than the reality of Pentecost to both demonstrate and defend the glory of the mystery.

Art has been holding on in order to deliver message of provoking the Jews to jealousy, and it would seem that he will not be here to do so. Perhaps his very departure will serve to proclaim such a message.
Quote:

We are all here at his bedside. Ariel is here from Florida. Currently, John MacDonald and his son Tim are here and we are worshipping God at Dad's bedside. Dad is ready to go, he is ready to be with the Lord.

"...worshipping God at Dad's bedside..." Oh that we'd all demonstrate such faith in the face of one who is ready to meet their Creator.

2007/6/24 13:40Profile

Re: The Aaronic Benediction.

Num 6:23 Speak to Aaron and to his sons, saying, In this way you shall bless the sons of Yiśrâêl, saying to them:
Num 6:24 Adonai bless you and keep you;
Num 6:25 Adonai cause His face to shine on you, and be gracious to you;
Num 6:26 Adonai lift up His face to you, and give you peace.
Num 6:27 So they shall put My name on the sons of Yiśrâêl, and I Myself will bless them.

Shâlôm Yerûshâlaim Shâlôm .

2007/6/24 14:57
jordanamo

Re:

June 24, 2007

Firstly, our deepest appreciation for the prayers that are continually being lifted to the throne of grace on our behalf, as well as the encouragement and support during this time.

Art is somewhat better today, more coherent. He has expressed his desire to go home and be with the Lord a number of times already. He did manage to get out of bed for a short time this morning to listen to the worship and prayers taking place in his living room.

Our greatest desire is the Glory of God. We pray and trust that the Lord will do that which glorifies Him most. Jesus is the resurrection and the life, and is well able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think by raising Art up at so late an hour. If, however, the time has come for Art to cross over, we know he will enter into a realm that utterly exceeds anything he has known till now.

Appreciatively,

the Ben Israel family

via http://benisrael.org/updates/artkatzhealth.html

2007/6/24 20:29Profile
chadster

Re:

Why are words so inadequate to express our appeciation for a man of such stature; one who fearlessly proclaimed the TRUTH of God's Word without compromise. I will be forever indebted to SI for introducing me to Art Katz...his messages and books have been life changing. The sense of loss that I feel is heart wrenching and the sadness grevious...May the legacy of his life and ministry bring a rich harvest after his homegoing!

2007/6/24 21:26Profile

Re: Slipping into the arms of Jesus

I looked for this on SI but couldn't find it so I post this (if it's been posted, please forgive me). Received 6/24 at 2:22 AM ...

Edit... I just found it, the first one on THIS discussion. Didn't look for enough.. Sorry.

Let me add also, that I will be forever indebted also for Sermonindex. Thank you for introducing me to Art Katz's ministry, it has indeed changed my life, my thinking of Israel, my thinking of Jesus and many other things, I will never be the same.

Art has a mightly testimony going before him. He didn't sell-out to be popular like so many preachers/prophets do (to make money, to be liked, whatever their reasons are). He chose his Jesus over man! Thank you Art!

[I removed what can be found on the first post on this thread!!]

2007/6/25 6:42
jordanamo

Re:

June 25, 2007

Art remains stable. We have noted slight improvements in his overall condition. He has been off medications for four days now, and has eaten very little. He does still manage to drink liquids. We had our daily morning prayer time at his bedside, and he was coherent for some of that. He still recognizes family and close friends.

As always,
Grateful for the prayers that are upholding us during this time,

Ben Israel Fellowship

via http://benisrael.org/updates/artkatzhealth.html

2007/6/25 15:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy