SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Pentecost or holocaust -ravenhill

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Pentecost or holocaust -ravenhill

[b]Pentecost or holocaust[/b]
[i]by Leonard Ravenhill[/i]

My confidence in mass evangelism is completely shattered.

After twenty years of multi-million dollar crusades, both of the conventional type and the other with the healing emphasis, the nation is nearer spiritual bankruptcy, moral desolation, and social anarchy than ever before. This is of course not because of the crusades but in spite of them.

We have tried every crowd pulling gimmick we know. We have offered the perishing public a star studded platform of Czars from the sports and entertainment world as a “come-on” for the preacher’s message. All of this has failed, completely and conspicuously. The nation blinked for a mere moment, turned over, and is now snoring in its sleep of death.

When the church gets a divorce from the world and worldliness, when we can ignore so-called Christian entertainers who attempt to combine Hollywood and holiness, when we cease from the strivings of the flesh and recognize that the Bible written yesterday is for today and for tomorrow, and that it and it alone has the formula for revival, we shall at least have started on the road to the reformation in the church which must precede the true spiritual awakening which alone can save our generation.

It’s Pentecost or holocaust, revival fire or the fire of revolution!

2007/6/23 0:34Profile
davet

Re: Pentecost or holocaust -ravenhill

I believe he is right. If america is going to turn the tide and move back towards God in total repentence it will have to be a move churches finding God to be there all-sufficiency.

Oh for more preaching like this in our day. There is so many arguments about doctrine and strategy. How long will America continue to go through this dryness before christians rend there hearts in the prayer closet and begin weeping at the state of the church and its effect on the world?

2007/6/23 6:06Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

great post dear brother sermonindex,

thank you for letting us her the words of a man that hungered and thirst for God's reviving touch to fall on our land..

thank you.

2007/6/23 9:44Profile
psalm1

I love ravenhill. We were privilaged to sit under his son david at the brownsville revival.
I sometimes wonder if the brownsville revivaal did not exceed the other modern revivals.
So many were saved! The worship was absolutely glorious. Wave after wave of the Holy Spirits pressence would flood over us. Sometimes to the point you felt you melted totally into Him.When Steve would come preach the Holy Spirits presence was so strong already. I went to hundreds and hundreds of services.
Annointed Worship ,annointed preaching,souls that were hungry and desperate for God. When you combine these together ,coupled by the beautiful ,
servant hearted people of brownsville, you have heaven on earth.
But even more than that, we also got to hear people like David Ravenhill,Don Wilkerson [D. wilkersons brother] and many missionarys from around the world.
People would spend their life savings to get there, and leave with a thousand lifetimes of impartation!
the services would be 5 to8 hours long and it would seem like 1 hr.
they would pray for people at the end of the service. I remember onetime a witch came up to steve and began to chant in his face. Steve said "Honey that doesnt work on me" He took her aside and prayed for her. She got gloriusly saved. She came to church the nexxt day! [we had church aimost every day] We could barely recognize her. Her countenance was so changed. I caught my self staring in unbelief.
Sometimes after the service we would stand by the entrance to watch people leave.It was so awesome! some were weeping some had to be brought out in wheelchairs. Some could barely walk. So so so powerful!
the movement amoung the young people was awesome! I think I got more blessed watching them than anything.
Anyone for revival?
.......David

2007/6/23 13:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy