SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Evan Almighty - New movie by Catholic Filmaker

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Santana

Evan Almighty - New movie by Catholic Filmaker

I'm wondering why many Christian websites and churches are supporting this movie?

This is a sequel to Bruce Almighty but in my opinion blasphemus.

http://www.crosswalk.com/movies/11545079/

2007/6/22 17:56Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: Evan Almighty - New movie by Catholic Filmaker

I saw it yesterday on crosswalk. I was very sick. It was worse thing never. It mocks Gods. It just wicked. Very wicked. If they even think this a movie wroth seeing, makes me very sad. I was upset at how just wicked it is. To take what is holy and trash it.

I hope no brothers and sister go see it. At least this my prayer,

thanks Brother
charlene

2007/6/26 11:17Profile

Re:

They played a trailer for this at Aquire the Fire in Detroit... promoting it as a good "christian film". (Then again, what would you expect from ATF)

In Christ - Jim

2007/6/26 11:25
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

this movie has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity, if anything it helps to add on fuel to everything else that is "labeled" christian.....

i would want to see a movie that captured the spirit of "sinners in the hands of an angry God", then again, that movie wouldn't be to popular....

2007/6/26 11:34Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

http://www.purelifeministries.org/Bookstore/Look_Inside/Chapters/BBABY_Ch3_Sample.pdf

http://www.purelifeministries.org/Bookstore/Look_Inside/Chapters/BBABY_Ch14_Sample.pdf

2007/6/26 12:36Profile
BradW

Edmonton, AB, Canada

I was concerned about this after my Mom said that she wanted to see it. I looked at the review from Focus On the Family and the person that reviewed it gave a great thumbs up.

James Dobson, however, actually wrote about his experience with this film, commended the reviewers that are on staff, but then stated that he could not endorse a movie that blasphemed God's holy name. Thank you, Dr. Dobson.

2007/6/26 13:53Profile

Why is anyone even entertaining this garbage?

2007/6/26 14:42

Quote:
I'm wondering why many Christian websites and churches are supporting this movie?

...it's called apostacy. It's called worldliness and Biblical ignorance.

Krispy

2007/6/26 15:26
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
...it's called apostacy. It's called worldliness and Biblical ignorance.

Amen Brother.

2007/6/26 15:45Profile
heartablaze

Re: Evan Whatever

Even the name of this film is enough to make me angry, and I don't think that's wrong. It saddens me to see other Christians blindly following whatever is marketed as Christian. What the American church needs is discernment and separation from the world- from materialism, from man-centricism, from everything that holds us back and is against the teachings of Christ. "Whatever is lovely..."

2007/6/28 14:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy