SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are you a Charismatic?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Quote:
I myself think the baptism of the Holy Spirit is a seperate experiance,it can happen at salvation,but is still a separate experiences..

Agreed. I've studied extensively the lives of the men who have made the biggest imact on the world for God and in each one of their testimonies one thing is consistant. There came a time when God filled them with the Holy Spirit [i]aside[/i] from conversion. Jesus put a lot of emphasis on the need to be filled with the Holy Ghost and so did the church in Acts. It's crucial for effective ministry and truly holy living. And isn't that what revival is? When God comes and fills His people with the Holy Ghost and then they turn the world upside down? I believe so.

Oh God do it again! For me and all those who seek You with clean hands and a pure heart! In sincerity and not to get glory for themselves.
Amen.

For those interested I highly recommend the sermon y George R. Brunk II "God's Supreme Position of Power"
He was a man incredibly used by God in revival amongst the mennonites in the "50s.
Sorry I don't know how to make that a link. He's under Misc. speakers.

2007/6/15 15:27Profile
LiveforGod

Re:

May I repeat again that my intensions where not to discurage or contradict anybody here.I wrote this thinking that it would benefit, I know I did not express myself as I should have. I'm a 17 year-old boy that Loves God and want to serve him for the rest of my life. Thank you all for the feedback on the post. Please asept my apologies if I may have seem to cause strife between us.

2007/6/15 15:39Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear running2win,

thank you for your post. i guess my question to you is what do you believe happens at conversion concerning the Holy Spirit?? the reason i ask is because i've been to quite a few churches that say that they believe the Holy Spirit indwells the believer at conversion, but then act as if the Holy Spirit is not really indwelling that person until they have a huge experience like speaking in tongues, etc.

many godly men have had experiences after confession that felt like they've been deepened in their walk (moody, finney), but it's not like they weren't in the faith, ya know..
just asking.. well thanks for writing..

2007/6/15 16:39Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Helo LiveforGod,

Pentecostal/charismatic movement speaking in general has put much emphases on the gifts and power ,while neglecting somehow the cross, the fruits of the Spirit, and this has lead to much delusion and counterfeit.But i think you go to far when considering it as a whole anti-biblical.

let me speak from my experience, i was converted in 1991 when i was living in Albania and if it was not for those american charismatic missionatries, especially one who lead be to Christ, i would have been lost forever and damned in hell.It was December 24th, 1991 (i was 18 yrs old) that i helped my freind to still a car windshield, next day a man talked about Jesus with me and i restituted to him the windshield and the Dec 26th I and the other man went to capital of albania to resitute the windshield to the american missionaries and it was there that after i heard clearly the gosple, one of the missionaries (a godly man) lead to to Christ and i repented of my sins and believed Jesus as my Lord & Saviour and i was born again. What a happy day i can never forget,i was free,because Jesus set me free.

I share my testimony because i want to help not to consider as counterfeit everything that goes on in pentecostal/charismatic movement.

I'm not a charismatic any more, and i can be as much fundamental evangelical as you may guess, but my dear freind i will be greatful to God for eternity that He send these charismatic missionaries to be intrumental to lead me to the Saviour.

I know that there is much emotionalism in the movement and that much counterfeit is mistaken for The genuine experiences of the Holy Ghost, and that many charismatic preachers are leading many people to the apostasy of the last days.

If there are far more tares then wheat it doesnt mean the movement is all a counterfeit, far be it from me dare say such a thing. I believe in pentecostal/charismatic movement there are hundreds and thousands saved or being saved but the confusion the devil is stiring in the movement and the counterfeit experiences that prevail so much that many charismatic preacher promote are doing much harm to the children of God.

It's sad that so much spiritual discerment is lacking among believers today, i better wished to be on fire and zelous for the Lord as i was when i was in that small charismatic church years ago, then be so cold as i am now,even though much experiece and knowledge made me wiser.

I made many mistakes when i was a yound believer but i was alive and on fire, and it was about that time that i read Tozer or Ravenhill and many other men of God, that ispired me to pray for revival and the glory of God.

Blessings,
Redi

2007/6/15 16:43Profile
LiveforGod

Re:

Thank you (Elected).

Quote:
But i think you go to far when considering it as a whole anti-biblical

Maybe I did, is just that I am so sad to see many people who say one thing and live another.
Quote:
let me speak from my experience, i was converted in 1991 when i was living in Albania and if it was not for those american charismatic missionatries, especially one who lead be to Christ, i would have been lost forever and damned in hell.

Thank God that he used that man of God to save your soul.

Quote:
I share my testimony because i want to help not to consider as counterfeit everything that goes on in pentecostal/charismatic movement.

I am sorry if I gave you that inpression. I know for sure that there are Born again Christians in the pentecostal/charismatic movement; people who love God with everything they have.

Quote:
and that many charismatic preachers are leading many people to the apostasy of the last days.

Those people are the onese I was refering to.

Quote:
I believe in pentecostal/charismatic movement there are hundreds and thousands saved or being saved but the confusion the devil is stiring in the movement and the counterfeit experiences that prevail so much that many charismatic preacher promote are doing much harm to the children of God.

That's what I pray that would end someday,when a God sent Revival would take place in this nation, or any other nation.

Quote:
i better wished to be on fire and zelous for the Lord as i was when i was in that small charismatic church years ago, then be so cold as i am now,even though much experiece and knowledge made me wiser.

Brother have hope.Read Ezekiel 37:1-14. Brother if those bones could live then the Lord can make that zeal come back as well.
God Bless

2007/6/15 17:03Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear elected,

thank you for sharing that post..i believe you hit the nail on the head when you said that there is much empahasis on the gifts of the Spirit and a lack of hunger and preaching on the cross..i don't want to generalize that, but i know in my experience, such is the case..

again, thanks elected..that was good stuff.

2007/6/15 17:41Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Lovehim you are welcome, i just shared the little bit of knowledge from experience relating to the movement.I myself dont consider it as a movement born out of revival as many pentecostal would like to say,but i believe it to be more a renewal at its best.

Compared with the classical revivals and evangelical movements of the past, the pentecostal/charismatic movement put the amphesis on power,gifts,miracles,healings,ect., so that the much needed graces of repentace,purity,holiness and the centrality of the cross became less and less emphasied or experienced.

Confusion and disorder are traits that have accompanied the movement almost from the beginning.It is the movement that has been more intrumental then anyother one in the evangelization of the world, but at the same time most reponsible then anyother movement that has lead God's children in spiritual carnality and what's worse spirituall delusion.

The question is not on personal level, because there is no doubt about the authenticity of many pentecostal/charismatic christians but the question is how genuine has been and is the pentecostal movement?

Was it like a resounding gong and clanging symbal that produced little holy fruits and holinness but that majored mostly on the counterfeits?
I am not puting to question the authentic convertions or many dearly loved saints of God who have been and are part of it but trying to discern the true nature and fruits of the movement as a whole.Those millions who claim to be baptized or filed with the Holy Spirit but who dont show any radical moral transformation or peaceful fruit, if this is true then the spirit who filled them isnt holy at all.

blessings,

Redi

2007/6/19 21:09Profile

Re:

Quote:

elected wrote:

Lovehim you are welcome, i just shared the little bit of knowledge from experience relating to the movement.I myself dont consider it as a movement born out of revival as many pentecostal would like to say,but i believe it to be more a renewal at its best.

Compared with the classical revivals and evangelical movements of the past, the pentecostal/charismatic movement put the amphesis on power,gifts,miracles,healings,ect., so that the much needed graces of repentace,purity,holiness and the centrality of the cross became less and less emphasied or experienced.

Confusion and disorder are traits that have accompanied the movement almost from the beginning.It is the movement that has been more intrumental then anyother one in the evangelization of the world, but at the same time most reponsible then anyother movement that has lead God's children in spiritual carnality and what's worse spirituall delusion.

The question is not on personal level, because there is no doubt about the authenticity of many pentecostal/charismatic christians but the question is how genuine has been and is the pentecostal movement?

Was it like a resounding gong and clanging symbal that produced little holy fruits and holinness but that majored mostly on the counterfeits?
I am not puting to question the authentic convertions or many dearly loved saints of God who have been and are part of it but trying to discern the true nature and fruits of the movement as a whole.Those millions who claim to be baptized or filed with the Holy Spirit but who dont show any radical moral transformation or peaceful fruit, if this is true then the spirit who filled them isnt holy at all.

blessings,

Redi

Hi Redi

I think that nearly all on SI would agree with what you have said here.

The confusion is something the Lord warned about just before the "Toronto Blessing" hit the UK. It helped to steady me when it was so difficult to discern what was going on, and how much of it, if any, was truly of God.

Blessings (the right kind!)

Jeannette

2007/6/20 5:31
psalm1

Re:

the charismatic movement that i know of back in the 70s was a truly gloryous time. the Holy Spirit was poured out on Gods people worldwide.I got saved in 1977 and it was in a charasmatic church. Some had the baptism of the Holy Spirit and some did not. We had an awesome pastor who taught us Gods Word.To this day I have never been in a church that has the level of worship that I experienced at that church.three months after I got saved I recieved the baptism of the Holy Ghost. I will never forget it as long as I live. I believe there is nothing more life changing to the believer than the baptism of the Holy GHost.I have been both blessed and appalled by the believerss of this forum . It almost seems like there is an underlying hatred against anyone operating in the gifts. In my 30 years as a christian I only saw this once before and that was at the Brownsville revival. A church across town trained their members to attack us.They thought they were Gods little army and we were the ones under deception! Where does it say in the bible "The letter killeth but the Spirit giveth life" ?......David

2007/6/20 22:02Profile
Psalm73

Arkansas

I went from church to charisma, and it ruined life

Blessed is the man that goeth not in counsel of the ungodly, for he shalbe as a tree planted by the water side, and God alloweth the way of the righteous but the way of the ungodly shal perysh.

Don't these preachers have such a light in them that is darkness? What about the bondage of debt and the false signs & wondres.
Try working a miracle with your hands, when you purely walk with the congregation.
Never let fear go beyond your stomack, just beware of men, for they shal deliver you up to councils, and such swine are filled with voluptous living.

JOhn 9:39-41 Tyndale version with 1526 english
39 ¶ Iesus said: I am come unto judgement, into this world: that they which see not, might see, and they which see might be made blind.
40 And some of the pharises which were with him, heard these words and said unto him: Are we then blind?
41 Iesus said unto them, if ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say we see, therefore your sin remaineth.

Hope you want to hear my voice and not going to say a whole lot about the death and hell doctrine along with holy ghost hands baptism after repentaunce of named sinnes.
Did Paul not admit he was a vile sinner, and that under the law he knew of sin, yet couldnot find in his flesh how not to do it.
The Chrimatic group is nothing but naturall and having no spirit, these are makers of sects.

This is not a strange foreign doctrine but it containeth both health and salvation

2007/6/20 22:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy