Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Power Over Satan -poonen

[b]Power Over Satan[/b]
[i]by Zac Poonen[/i]

One verse that we should never forget in our whole life is Hebrews 2:14,15 “Since then the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He (Jesus) Himself likewise shared in the same that through death (His death on Calvary’s cross) He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage” When Jesus died, He made the devil powerless so that we might be forever free of Satan and the bondage of fear that he had put on us throughout out lifetime. There are many types of fears that people in the world have – fear of sickness, fear of poverty, fear of failure, fear of people, fear of future etc. The greatest of all fears however is the fear of death. Every other fear is inferior to the fear of death. The fear of death leads on to the fear of what will happen after death. The Bible teaches very clearly that those who live in sin will finally go to hell – the place that God has reserved for those who do not repent. The devil also will spend eternity in the lake of fire along with those whom he deceived and led into sin on this earth. Jesus came to this earth to save us from that eternal hell by taking the punishment for our sins. He also destroyed Satan’s power over us so that he can never harm us again.

God will always be on our side against Satan. This is a glorious truth which brings much encouragement, comfort and victory to us. The Bible says “submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you” (James 4:7). At the name of Jesus, Satan will always flee. The picture that most christians have in their minds is one of Satan chasing them and of their running for their lives from him. But that is exactly the opposite of what the Bible teaches. Satan was scared to stand before our Saviour. Jesus is the Light of the world and the prince of darkness had to disappear from before Him. Satan is also afraid of everyone who uses the name of Jesus with divne authority against him. Jesus told his disciples about how he had seen the fall of Satan in heaven. And there, Jesus said that Satan’s fall had been “like lightning” when God cast him out. (Luke 10:18) When Jesus told Satan in the wilderness “Be gone Satan”, he disappeared from Jesus’s presence too at the speed of lightning. And when we resist Satan in the name of Jesus today, he will flee from before us too at the speed of light. The darkness flees before the light. Satan is afraid of the name of Jesus. He hates to be reminded of the fact that Jesus is Lord and that he was defeated by the Lord Jesus. Whenever you are in a difficulty or face some insurmountable problem or you face something for which there appears to be no human answer, call upon the name of the Lord Jesus. Say to Him “Lord Jesus, you are on my side against the devil. Help me now” And then turn to Satan and tell him “In the name of Jesus I resist you Satan” Satan will flee from you immediately, because Jesus defeated him on the crosss. Satan is powerless when you walk in the light of God and resist him in Jesus’s Name.

Satan was defeated once and for all by the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross. You need never again be afraid of Satan. He cannot trouble you. He cannot harm you. He may tempt you. He may attack you. But the grace of God in Christ will always make you victorious over him, if you humble yourself, submit to God and walk in His light at all times. There is tremendous power in the light. Satan, the prince of darkness, can never enter the realm of light. Satan has power over many believers because they are walking in darkness, living in some secret sin, not forgiving others, jealous of someone, or pursuing some selfish ambition in their lives etc.

You will have no power over Satan if you don’t walk in purity. And you will never have power over Satan if you have not learnt to overcome his accusations by the blood of Christ. You will not have power over Satan if you love the world – for Satan is the prince and ruler of this world. If you love anything or anyone on this earth more than you love God, you will not be able to over power Satan (Rev 12:11).

Love the Lord Jesus Christ and His will for your life with all your heart with all your mind and with all your strength. Never allow the devil to pollute your minds in any way. Give your life to Christ completely and determine to live totally for Him henceforth.

2007/6/13 0:23Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: Power Over Satan -poonen

Brother Poonen wrote:

Quote:
You will have no power over Satan if you don’t walk in purity. And you will never have power over Satan if you have not learnt to overcome his accusations by the blood of Christ. You will not have power over Satan if you love the world – for Satan is the prince and ruler of this world. If you love anything or anyone on this earth more than you love God, you will not be able to over power Satan (Rev 12:11).

This reminds me of 1 John 1:

14 I have written to you, fathers,
Because you have known Him who is from the beginning.
I have written to you, young men,
Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you,
And you have overcome the wicked one.

Purity comes to those who abide in the word of God and by reason of use learn to discern both good and evil.

In Christ
jeff

2007/6/13 0:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy