SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : In a rut..

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
jamccor

New Jersey

Re:

I am doing ok.I have been listening to Zac Poonen lately and he has some very good things to say.He seems to have a different approach than others.I really appreciate the advice and prayers.
GOD Bless

2007/6/18 12:38Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
I'd like to tell you you can rely on us or others in the Christian community to help you out - but that's a lie.

Bro,

I know we can't always fulfill each others deepest needs in the most perfect fashion, but this statement seems dreadfully weighted with unforgiveness. I interject this comment with a small measure of sadness...how often I have observed that those who lament most often about the disunity of the church are the ones themselves who are doing the isolating.

Unforgiveness can appear to have spiritual side effects. It can appear almost prophetic in it's complaint against disunity and rail against the lack of love in the Church. But ironically even as unforgiveness decries disunity and denominations, it itself leads to the formation of a new denomination...a denomination of one.

I can testify that there are brethren who are there for you. Sure you can tally up the dissapointments, but stay in the game and you'll tally up the faithful friends as well. The Lord has gifted me with many faithful friends in the Church. The real question is...am I one of those friends in return?

If these are truly the last days, then the last thing we need to be telling one another is that we can't count on one another!

MC

2007/6/18 13:12Profile

Re:

There is only one way to have peace. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart". "I will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on me, because he trusts in me".

Keep your eyes on Christ. "Without faith it is impossible to please God". Trust him, depend on him, lean on him. Believe him. Take him at his word. Know that "all things work together for the good, to them that love God, and are the called according to his purpose". He loves you. He is molding you into a vessel fit for his use. Don't look into the law, or compare yourself to the law, or wonder if your measuring up, if you do that you'll condemn yourself and everyone else. Keep your eyes fixed on the Saviour. Just have FAITH.

2007/6/18 17:50

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy