SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joyce Meyor

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
vsuarez

Re:

Quote:

worm4Christ wrote:
why the constant devouring, the dividing, the diviseness of the Body?

Wonder why we don't have revival?

All of you, quit with telling me what you "stand against", quit with the idolizing of the "old paths", you want "old paths"? Read Acts.

Who cares about Joyce Meyer, the "Word of Faith" movement, "Toronto", who cares?

God wil unveil all, love the person in front of you with the Love of Christ.

"I follow Finney", "I follow Luther", "I follow Meyer"....quit.

Follow Jesus, die for Him, quit worrying about being "right", or "taking a stand for the Lord".

He will take of His business, he doesn't need us mucking up the works by our constant religious devouring and backbiting.

For Him.

Jeremiah 6:9-17
9 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, They shall throughly glean the remnant of Israel as a vine: turn back thine hand as a grapegatherer into the baskets. 10 To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? behold, their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot hearken: behold, the word of the LORD is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it. 11 Therefore I am full of the fury of the LORD; I am weary with holding in: I will pour it out upon the children abroad, and upon the assembly of young men together: for even the husband with the wife shall be taken, the aged with him that is full of days. 12 And their houses shall be turned unto others, with their fields and wives together: for I will stretch out my hand upon the inhabitants of the land, saith the LORD. 13 For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely. 14 They have healed also the hurt F29 of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace. 15 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD. 16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the [u]old paths[/u], where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. 17 Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken.

I feel the heart of your words. Sectarianism has never and will never please God. It seems we may never escape man's need to cling to personalities rather than to Christ. This, of course was a problem in (once again) the Corithian church. They were very charismatic and filled with all the gifts of the spirit and were experiencing manifestations of the Holy Spirit (nothing wrong with that). Yet, they were divided. Some claimed Paul, Christ, Apollo, etc.

Having said that, I don't think this is what is happening here. This forum is, in my humble opinion, very important. The New Testament epistles were written for many reasons:

Here are some:

1. To remind us concerning the original faith/doctrine they received.

2. To expose the false teachers and their teachings of that time,e.g. Gnosticism, Judaizers, etc.

3. To build up and encourage us to continue in the faith, once delivered to us, until the end.

5. To judge and condemn those teachers with their teachings.

6. To correct any false doctrine within the church.

7. TO DEFEND THE FAITH OR DOCTRINE OF CHRIST (MOST OF ALL).

This is not an exhaustive list, but it gives the general sense of the purpose for most the letters. The need to bring doctrinal correction and maintain doctrinal purity has always been a priority in the body of Christ. It's no different today. 'Can't we all just get along'. Not necessarily. Not then (in Pauls day when he cursed those teaching wrong doctrine) not now. It is vital that we NOT minimize this. The enemy (Satan, David, not Joyce :)) works by infultrating the body through false teachings. Christ likened it to leaven. Remember, leaven is a type of sin and wickedness. Oh, how can I also stress the importance of this!

Well, JESUS thought it was so important that it was the VERY FIRST thing he warned us about in Matt 24, in leu of the end of the world. So, let's be careful when, all for the purpose of revival and unity, we cast aside the purity of doctrine.

This (doctrinal purity) was, in large part, the inspiration and motivation for those apostles and teachers, during the early stages of the church, to write epistles in order to keep sound doctrine in and un-sound doctrine out.

Consider this. When Josiah read the words of the law, he sorely repented and restored the nation of Israel back to the truth they had strayed so far from.

The word of God has always been very clear and concise. Wrong motive will always prevent those reading it to see the purity and simplicity of it. This has been the problem from the garden in Genesis. God gave a simple command. Man reasoned and fell from grace. It's no different today.

Last thought (for now :-). I 've heard many people put the onus of the state of the church on Jesus many times. And it has always disturb me. Here's why. We have been given the authority to govern and rule in the earth by the power of the Holy Spirit. (To be clear, I am NOT talk about this Domion doctrine, where we're ruling the world through governments and business, etc.) He (the Spirit) directs us to do the will of the Father and gives us the mind of Christ. We have been charged with the RESPONSIBILITY to keep ourselves pure and holy, especially concerning doctrine. So when I hear people saying things like 'he'll take care of His church', what that translate into is ABDICATION.

It seems Adam also took that posture. Adam was charged with the responsibility of keeping and governing the earth. Adam abdicated his responsibility and when God commanded him to account for what happened he blamed Eve. (Didn't mean to go too far on that rabbit trial)

It may sound real humble and pious to ascribe the responsibility to Christ, but in actuality, Christ has put (not entirely) the responsibility on us. We are workers TOGETHER WITH Him to accomplish the great CO-mission.

Remember, He gave US power after he obtained all power and authority, to rule in the earth and stand against Satan, the true accuser of the brethen. We dare not stand idly by while the Devil injects his lies into the Church. We would be making the very SAME error Adam made when he did not correct Eve, the first human false-prophetess, and take authority over Satan, which he (Adam) fully possessed before he consented by taking heed to the voice of his wife and ate of the forbiden tree, which God said he would suffer death for doing so. Sorry for the long response.

In Him,

Brother Suarez

2007/6/28 13:15Profile

Re:

Quote:
why the constant devouring, the dividing, the diviseness of the Body?

Keep this in mind... if someone is teaching a false gospel, which is really nothing more than a false religion... then they are not part of the Body anyways. So exposing their false gospel for what it is, and warning people to stay away from them, does not qualify as "diviseness of the Body". They have to actually belong to the Body in order for there to be division in the Body.

If someone I know has a cancer, that doesnt effect MY body.

Ya know what I mean?

And unity just for the sake of unity, overlooking sin and false teaching, is not Biblical unity. It is not something we should be trying to reach. Those who cry "unity", and ignore false teaching usually also ignore (conveniently) all of Pauls teachings on seperation.

Jesus and Paul both preached [b]much[/b] more on seperation than they did unity.

Lets leave the song "All we are saaaaaaying... is give peace a chance..." back in the 1960's where it belongs.

Lets give [b]TRUTH[/b] a chance! When there is truth, there is unity.

Krispy

2007/6/28 13:28
seanjol

Charleston, SC

Re:

Quote:
Lets give TRUTH a chance! When there is truth, there is unity.

amen

2007/6/28 14:01Profile

Re:

For those who have jumped on this thread in the past 8 pages or so, here is an excellent compilation of Joyce meyers preaching her false gospel

[url=http://www.obeyjesus.net/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_download/gid,208/]Escaping the Theology of Babylon[/url]

2007/6/28 14:09
country

Re:

Quote:

seanjol wrote:
Quote:
Lets give TRUTH a chance! When there is truth, there is unity.

amen

amen again! I have enjoyed reading this thread, very good replies and info on false teaching.

2007/6/28 14:43Profile
country

Re:

This should settle the issue. 25 min audio of Joyce Meyers. It's heresy.

Joyce Meyers SHOCKING doctrines
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=260772221

2007/6/30 21:04Profile
vsuarez

Re: Sermon Audio: Joyce Meyer

Country,

Thanks so much for this link. It is most helpful.

Brother Suarez

2007/7/1 8:50Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

he was no longer the son of God????

it is enough?????

Jesus was the first human born again????

2007/7/1 9:37Profile
vsuarez

Re:

Absolute Bonafide Blasphemy!!!!

2007/7/1 13:37Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

country wrote:
This should settle the issue. 25 min audio of Joyce Meyers. It's heresy.

Joyce Meyers SHOCKING doctrines
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=260772221

yes it couldent be clearer, we need to pray for this woman

2007/7/1 13:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy