SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ever prayed a dangerous prayer?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

awakenwithin, Thank you for that wonderful testimony and for your prayer.
It was very much a blessing to come on and find it here.

Lord Bless.

2007/6/11 4:23
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I posted this last night, The funny thing I got up to day. After praying that I would love my brother more. God said Charlene I don't you to say one unkind word to him . No matter what he say or does. We are that mean to each other, but I can say unkind things here and there. I had prayed Holy take control. And he did today. He helped to be kind with my words. Because put a deeper love for my brother then before. Amazing

Somtimes I feel you just have to jump in and have faith God will help us.

In His love
charlene

2007/6/11 14:04Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Today I have been reflecting on a dangerous prayer that I began praying several years ago.....Lord, save my son no matter what it takes. At the time he had been experimenting with alcohol, but once I began praying like this for him it seemed as though all hell broke loose. He began a downward spiral into alcoholism and drug abuse that appeared as though it would end in his death. Several times we were in the emergency room due to drug overdoses. The last time I didn't think he would make it back.

This week my son returned home from a 7 month stay in a faith based rehab and he will go into a halfway house tomorrow. He is not the same person he was 7 months ago. Saved? No, not yet. But I see such changes in him. The Bible studies that he attended and the Scriptures that he memorized have added something important to his life - a belief that God is involved in his life.

I covet the prayers of the saints for the salvation of my son, Joshua. God has begun a good work in him, and I believe that He will finish it.

And I give thanks to God for his mercy. In those very dark and fearful days, His love and faithfulness were an anchor for my soul.

Oh give thanks to the Lord, for His mercy endures forever.

2011/11/24 21:24Profile

Re:

In the end all Spirit led prayer is dangerous. As we pray such we are asking God to come in and upset our paradyne. Though some deplore this prayer I love the Jabez prayer. Here was an Old Testament saint who saw his inheritance and asked God for more blessing. And God answered him.

I pray the Jabes prayer daily. I dare to ask God for more blessing. I want an inheritance, a legacy in heaven. Through that prayer I ask the nations of the earth to be my inheritance. I pray for the souls of men and women to be added to his kingdom.

Through the Jabes prayer a conference call for the persecuted church was birthed. As far as I know the persecution watch call is the only call like it in the country. Not only do we cry out for the afflicted but we pray for the spread of the gospel on restricted nations.

As a result of the Jabez prayer a 12 hour con call came about for the persecuted church 11/13/11. We worked with 4 other ministries. All told there were 144 people who prayed on that con line. God blessed us with a brother from Iran who shared what God is doing in that country. The Iranians believe 70% pf that country could be converted to Christ in 5 years. Now that is some dangerous praying!!!!!!!

To God be the Glory!!!!!!! Great things he has done! Halleujah!!!!!!!

Blaine Scogin

2011/11/24 22:21
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by BrokenOne on 2011/11/24 18:24:53
Today I have been reflecting on a dangerous prayer that I began praying several years ago.....Lord, save my son no matter what it takes.

BrokenOne,

I've reflected on a prayer that I prayed for my son that was sort of similar and we never know when we pray those what God will actually do in a person's life... my 19 year old son has had two stints in jail this year and felony's on his record. Just two years ago, he had the qualifications to go to the Naval Academy and my heart aches for him where he is. All he ever wanted to do was go to the Marine Corp and now he can't (unless the Lord gets these felonies to go away somehow (court isn't over yet)).

He has chosen to start rehab. He's not saved yet either but he did ask to go to church with me two weeks ago!! (THIS from the boy who had to spend time in the jail that I do ministry at and told them when they asked what religion he was and he said, "Buddhist.") So, him asking to go to my Pentecostal type church several months later was a sign of hope for me! God is still in control!

I second, "Oh give thanks to the Lord, for His mercy endures forever." Thank you Lord!!!

God bless you,
Lisa

PS: My son's name is Samuel. I will pray for Joshua too!

2011/11/24 23:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy