SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ever prayed a dangerous prayer?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Ever prayed a dangerous prayer?

What a wondful and very challenging question.

A number of times I have prayed that the Lord would sort out something amiss in my heart "whatever it takes", and have found it worth the resulting struggle. But in a sense this was a selfish prayer because I knew enough of His ways by then to realise that, however painful, it was the only way to be made whole.

Some years ago I nearly prayed an even more dangerous prayer, however, because it would have harmed my relationship with Him.

I was teaching and finding it very hard because of not being able to control the children. I was still in the first year of teaching in this country and was doing my probationary year, that you have to pass before you can continue to teach.

It was so hard I feared I would have a breakdown, and was on the point of praying that I would fail the probationery year and so [i]have[/i] to leave.

As I was abouit to pray this the Lord dropped a verse from Psalm 107 into my mind, "He gave them their request, [i][u]but sent leanness into their soul[/u][/i]"

It was as if He was saying, "Do you [i]dare[/i] to pray this prayer? I might just decide to answer it - is that what you [i]really[/i] want?"

I never did pray that most dangerous prayer. - Although He did take me out of teaching a year or so later. But it had to be in His time, not mine.

Blessings

Jeannette

2007/6/10 10:31

Re: Paul ~

Also, I was thinking how Paul didn't have to ask for his "thorn". 2Co 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, [u]lest I should be[/u] exalted above measure.

He didn't even know he needed one - but God knew his heart --- both that it was bent toward 'anything' the Lord wanted, yet the Lord had spoken to him Phil 3, that though he was pressing on as hard as he could to "hear and follow" whatsoever the Lord would have him do, minute by minute ... there were times that 'only God' would know what 'humblings' Paul would need ... though even Paul prayed 3 times to be rid of this humbling. And it was for "future tense" prevention of pride.

This thorn reminds ne of the guards we put up on our computers to prevent any future problems.
The Lord is faithful to put up this guard before the problem even comes, as this example shows with Paul.
But sometimes, He'll have to let us fall flat on our face ... but I think that is only when we've lost touch that "all sufficientcy" comes from Him and that "without Him", we can do "nothing".
[b]Php 3:7~15 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, and be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; IF by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: [u]and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.[/u][/b]

HE is Faithful 1Th 5:23,24 "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, Who also Will Do It." Bless GOD!

2007/6/10 11:13
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

LittleGift wrote:
As I was abouit to pray this the Lord dropped a verse from Psalm 107 into my mind, "He gave them their request, [i][u]but sent leanness into their soul[/u][/i]"

...Yes, there is this kind of "dangerous prayer," too, the wrong kind. If we're praying out of wrong motive, or selfish desire, and God sees we simply are not in listening mode, He just might give us what we want. To our sorrow.

Thanks for the reminder, Jeannette.

AD

2007/6/10 11:35Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

I've prayed like this. At the time, people told me that it was "wrong" to pray in such a manner. The result was, indeed, quite powerful. However, the LORD answered such a prayer as HE determined! While it might not have been the way I desired -- it was the means by which God set me on the path He had chosen.

Dangerous? Certainly! But the result is eternal bliss!

:-)

2007/6/10 13:49Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Quote:
GrannieAnnie wrote:
Jim Elliot prayed a dangerous prayer, but even then, the Lord had laid that desire upon his heart, but He does look for us to except whether we'll make that part of 'our' will or not.

Yes!! We are in total agreement on this. The desire to pray that prayer does not originate in me, but in Him. The YES that I was feeling inside as I kept thinking about those words “conform me to the image of Christ, no matter what the cost” – that was the YES of the Spirit of God within me, saying “YES – this is what I want to do in you”

Quote:
Not to hurt.

GrannieAnnie – my heart just melted when I read this. There was no hurt. The Lord used your words as an opportunity to search my heart. It was a good thing. Thank God for His people who are zealous for His Glory.

Quote:
A Disciple wrote:

Do it, Lord, in me, and in BrokenOne, and in all those you've marked out for this, marked out for Your glory, whatever the cost! The cost of You NOT doing it is far far greater, not only for ourselves but for others! We can't even consider that, Lord. Do it for Your own Name's sake! That Your Name might shine again in the earth!

AMEN!!!

2007/6/10 14:16Profile
JesusIsMyLrd

Iowa, USA

Re:

Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

As i have prayed over the years since when i became a Christian, God has taken my prayers to a much deeper level than i ever thought before.

In the past 2 weeks, God has been doing such a deep work in my heart. He has been revealing His glory and Awesomeness to me while i pray, while i read His Word, and it is life-shaking. i have not been the same since about 1 1/2 weeks ago i was seeing my need of personal heat for Christ, and prayed this dangerous prayer:

"Lord, i'm done telling You what You need to do in my life... i'm done telling You what needs to be changed... i'm done trying to figure out what needs to happen... Lord, i'm not sure what needs done, but (And at this point my heart reached out in simple, trusting, faith) would you DO SOMETHING???? WHATEVER NEEDS TO HAPPEN, DO IT"

And in that instant-- i met Jesus in reality like i have never before. And after that, my prayers have changed.

Why was that a dangerous prayer? Well, because it changed the way i live, for i have met the life-changer in an intimate way, and it has made my prayers like that of Jim Elliot:

..."Make me Thy fuel, Flame of God..."

Oh, all the things that charm me most, i see that it is my REASONABLE service to sacrifice them to His blood... Jesus deserves it, brothers and sisters... He really does.

Now, i'm not saying that i was not born-again before that, but Christ has been made deeper in my heart- i don't understand all His doings but i know one thing's for sure-- He's doings are all well!!! Praise the Lord Jesus!!

God bless.

In Christ's love,
-nate

2007/6/10 18:18Profile

Re:

BrokenOne and nate, your posts really blessed me.

I knew you felt strongly about His Glory, lest you wouldn't have prayed this way at all. Ha, folks don't unless they do.

nate, what you said is what I reckon I was trying to say just through my few words and those Verses.

Everyday is dangerous, if we "walk in the spirit". It's a walk, not an event. Paul's life was dangerous, as his/our Master's was.
Jesus was Love Incarnate - but they were always seeking to kill Him and both had no shortage of enemies or those who twisted their words, etc..
All who live Godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution and persecution or hardships, etc., bring the best out of us.

Blessings to y'all and happy to have more "living sacrifices" here ~ Romans 12.
His Love multiplied.

2007/6/10 19:46
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

Spitfire wrote:

I prayed that God would let me see as he sees and feel what he feels. This has proven the most painful of all.

This really spoke to me. I have been thinking about it all day.

I am really appreciating this thread.

AD

2007/6/10 20:47Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Spitfire wrote:

I prayed that God would let me see as he sees and feel what he feels. This has proven the most painful of all.

I have to agree with this. This was my prayer, and it hurt when God answered. But it was worth it.

In his love
charlene

2007/6/10 22:37Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

A dangerous prayer -
That I made a few years ago, was to know how to love without them giving back.
To just love without accepting anything back.
loving my brother and father
God allowed to live with each of them. He allows us to put to action what we pray.
Just this week, God cahnged my heart. That I want to clean the house for my brother, not beacuse I have to, but because I love him
This was my prayer, and God is changing my heart

The most is to love my God above all, and show all things that take his place.

I seen That all we have to do is open the bible and start praying with faith that God's is ture to us. To pray God's word is the most dangerous prayers. Truth with power. It a hunger and broken heart that longs to be like Christ.

Thank you all for sharing,
May God hear your heart crys. May he grow and deepen each of your prayer lives. May he give a vision a purpuse to seek his face. that he would tear down every idol in our lives, every false idea we come to think is right. may shine his light to help us see our sins. that he would give us his love, that we might love others. That we might die to self. that would see our God in all His glory. that we would see we are just like a infant in great need of help. may we lead by the spirit. may we truly be on fire for God.

may God help us, by giving us his grace to pray.
may the spirit of God take control of each of our lives.

in his love
charlene

2007/6/10 23:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy