SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Drug and alcohol prevention material

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Servant2U

Drug and alcohol prevention material

Hi Folks,
A series of personal events and a strong leading of God has brought me to building a drug and alcohol prevention presentation for my jr./sr. youth. As God leads it will be used in churches abroad however God sees fit.
I work for a Christian new media company and have every possible multimedia resource available to me BUT, I am in need of content. Does anyone know of any bible based, up to date, drug and alcohol prevention material?
Blessings,
Kevin

2007/6/7 19:28Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re: Drug and alcohol prevention material

There's a book called, Sipping Saints by David Wilkerson that we used to have. I haven't read it, but knowing who the author is, I would guess that it's a good book. :-D

Jordan

2007/6/7 19:31Profile
Servant2U

Re:

Hi Jordan,
I will look into it. I want to reach the youth before they "sip" :) so to speak. In the teen challenge center in my area 65-70% of the students are from Christian homes. The success rate is high at TC if the person stays the full year but the stats are very very much against an addict in terms of their recovery if they don't complete the program. 8% is the success rate for recovery of addicts through conventional rehab centers in Canada.
Bless you

2007/6/7 20:07Profile
Branded4him

Ohio

Re:

I completed Teen Challenge Cincinnati two years ago it was a blessing. They never gave us any drug counseling just the pure and infallable words of Jesus Christ. Great program but it all comes down to dying to self I know many men that choose not to fully die and they are now in sin. But the sucess rate for TC is within 5 years after they complete , alot finally end up dying to self and coming through victorious in Christ and brand new men and woman.

2007/6/7 22:11Profile
Servant2U

Re:

Bless you. I am so encouraged to see another overcome sin and addiction. It gives me hope for a dear friend of mine who is caught in an Dilaudid and cocaine addiction.

2007/6/11 19:29Profile
Sentry

West Monroe, Louisiana

Re: Drug and alcohol prevention material

My wife and I have lead a Christ Centered Addiction Recovery Minsistry for the last 3 years.

I am a former drunk, crack head, ex-con..that has been set FREE by the power of God!

I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for any secular material.

Forget the 12 steps or any other step program.

I teach the Word of God...period.
(There is just one step...I make it everyday, toward HIM)

A good book to read written by a Pastor..who was a former addict:

"Addictions: A banquet in the grave"
by: Edward T. Welch

You can find it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Addictions-Banquet-Finding-Resources-Changing/dp/0875526063

Feel free to contact me...

In Christ,

Mark

2007/6/13 15:42Profile
Servant2U

Re:

Bless you brother. I will track down that book. Have you done any speaking with youth before?
Kevin

2007/6/13 19:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy