SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : How can you prove the Trinity from the Bible in an easy way?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Everett

West Bloomfield, MI

Re:

To prove what people call the trinity is not in the bible by its word alone but the only thing that comes close to describe it is the scripture in 1 John 5:7 that says "For there are THREE that bear record in heaven, the FATHER, the WORD, and the HOLY GHOST: and these THREE are ONE."

But what i dont get is HOW THREE PERSONS CAN BE IN ONE PERSON. Isnt that what the trinity is? Three in one. Three seperate persons in the Godhead. If you dont understand then let me ask you this. How many persons are you? Arent you one person. Everything inside of you: spirit, soul, mind, will and emotions is you not seperate persons but you. Without your soul you could not be a human being. Without your spirit you could not live. The spirit without the body is dead right? Likewise as we were made in the image of God, God is one being, one person as states in Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person...". Jesus is the brightness of God's Glory and the express image of God's person not persons but person. He is one. You cant have three persons within one person it just doesnt work. Thats why Apostolic Pentecostals are in so much a disagrement with trinity believers. Now That doenst mean that we dont fellowship together but when it comes down to baptism what can you do? When it comes down to explaining God what do you say? So therefore we gotta have peaceful talks like these to maintain the love in the churches and seek the truth no matter what one person says and what the other person says. We all know that the bible is true and it cant tell us no lie. So maybe its time to go back to the word and expose old traditions and unscriptual doctrines and embrace the fellowship of the saints so that we as one body can resolve the issues we have within our churches today.

All for peace and the Glory of God.

God bless.

Please reply and lets discuss these matters.

2007/6/5 13:23Profile

Re: How can you prove the Trinity from the Bible in an easy way?

My take on the Trinity is not so much there are three persons in the Godhead. I see the Godhead as Two, but One. There is a Father, there is His Son. The holy Spirit is what the Father and the Son is. I see the Trinity as too confusing, complex and catholic.

The "other" comforter is the Spirit of the Father and the Son, hence holy Spirit or Ghost.

Quote:
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love [b]me[/b], he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and [b]we[/b] will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Quote:
Proverbs 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

There are analogies that I can share here, but surely you get the drift.

2007/6/5 13:32
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

As I use a king james bible this is the best verse that I would probably use

2007/6/5 14:00Profile

Re:

I was once told that the trinity is like a triangle that has three sides... seriously

2007/6/5 14:02
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

jimdied2sin wrote:
I was once told that the trinity is like a triangle that has three sides... seriously

Well, at least they know that a triangle has three sides... at least I hope they don't believe in triangles with more or less sides. :-D

2007/6/5 15:08Profile

Re:

Quote:
My take on the Trinity is not so much there are three persons in the Godhead. I see the Godhead as Two, but One. There is a Father, there is His Son. The holy Spirit is what the Father and the Son is. I see the Trinity as too confusing, complex and catholic.

Interesting comment. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

2007/6/5 16:00
JesusIsMyLrd

Iowa, USA

Re:

QUOTE:
"Interesting comment. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?"

i have considered it before about the Spirit just being the substance of the Two. But as we look at the Word of God, it seems that there is a differnece that is made between the Holy Spirit and the Father and Son. It doesn't make such sense to believe in the triniy, but remember, God is beyond all that we can imagine.

i would caution all of us not to allow our human "reasoning" to get in the way.

Too confusing? Complex? i ask you by the name of the Living God: what are you thinking??? Of course it is!! This is GOD we're trying to figure out here? Is our veiw of Him so low that we would limit Him to our meager understanding?

Too Catholic? i don't think so. The early christians believed in the triune God... those who were taught by the apostles themselves. This was WAY before the catholics.

Don't put God into your human box... He doesn't really fit well...

Just my thoughts, based, i trust, on God's infallable Word.

God bless...

-nathan

2007/6/5 16:17Profile

Re:

Quote:
The early christians believed in the triune God...

do you have anything that show that? i'm specifically referring to before the council of Nicea.

2007/6/5 17:45
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I think it was Zac Poonan's comment that we have a holy spirit that leds us to holyness and Jesus.
I have even heard the holy spirit refered to as the force.

Joh 14:17 - Show Context
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Joh 15:26 - Show Context
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Joh 16:13 - Show Context
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

it is this passage

Eph 4:30 - Show Context
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption

2007/6/5 17:55Profile
JesusIsMyLrd

Iowa, USA

Re:

Please see this book:

http://www.scrollpublishing.com/store/more-dictionary.html

It is a compilation of writings from the early Christians. Very good reading.

i'm not trying to promote or sell this book, but i encourage you to get it and look at it. The contents is copy-rited, and i don't have the book with me at this time. There is substantial documentation about it.

God bless you as you search this out. Please forgive me if i offended anyone with my strong speach earlier... i do want us to rightly see God, it is imperative to revived Christianity that shakes nations for the glory of God.

Peace in Christ,
-nathan

2007/6/5 18:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy