SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : a abomination feeding the prophet?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

a abomination feeding the prophet?

i just have a few thoughts, the raven was considered a abomination in the old testament to the Jews right?

KJV Leviticus 11:13 ¶ And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
11:14 And the vulture, and the kite after his kind;
11:15 Every[b] raven [/b]after his kind;

now considering this i find it strange God choose a raven to come deliver meat to the prophet?

1 Kings 17:4 "And it shall be that you shall drink of the brook, and [b]I have commanded the ravens to provide for you there.[/b]"

1 Kings 17:6 And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.

anyone who could help here would be very good.

Christian

2007/6/5 0:45Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: a abomination feeding the prophet?

Christian,

Just a quickie....

The OT law that mentions ravens says they were to not eat them. Elijah was fed by a raven, he did not eat one.

What do you think?

ginnyrose

2007/6/5 1:46Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

yes i thought of that , but also this scripture

Leviticus 7:21 Moreover the soul that shall touch any unclean thing, as the uncleanness of man, or any unclean beast, or any abominable unclean thing, and eat of the flesh of the sacrifice of peace offerings, which pertain unto the LORD, even that soul shall be cut off from his people.

and also

KJV Leviticus 7:24 And the fat of the beast that dieth of itself, and the fat of that which is torn with beasts, may be used in any other use: but ye shall in no wise eat of it.

and this also

Leviticus 7:26 Moreover ye shall eat no manner of blood, whether it be of fowl or of beast, in any of your dwellings.

just some thoughts, seeking some light on this,

2007/6/5 2:05Profile

Re: a abomination feeding the prophet?

"I have commanded the [gentiles] to provide for you there"

Think on that thought, and consider this

Quote:
Acts 10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.Acts 10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Stay on this course, and you'll find your answers.

2007/6/5 6:54
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Compliments,

I'm no Bible scholar, but even I know the difference between a raven and a Gentile!

A raven is a bird, a Gentile is not.

Am I right or wrong?

Why God would get ravens to be waiters for Elijah is anyone's guess. And I suppose we will never really know.

All I know is, God is God.

God bless.

2007/6/5 7:07Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

i heard Art Katz talk about this in a sermon, just wanted to hear more thoughts about it,

2007/6/5 8:02Profile

Re:

Quote:
I'm no Bible scholar, but even I know the difference between a raven and a Gentile!

Symbolically speaking!!! The Raven was one of the fowls forbidden by Israel NOT to eat. When God sent down the sheet full of the forbidden things that the Jews do not eat, Peter balked at God's command. In that sheet was the Raven and all the other creeping things that Israel was not supposed to eat.

That Raven along with the other non kosher foods represent Gentiles. You don't have to be a Bible Scholar for that, this is elementary my dear Watson. I hope that helps.

2007/6/5 13:10

Re:

Compliments said

Quote:
"I have commanded the [gentiles] to provide for you there"

Interesting idea.

2007/6/5 14:24
Psalm73

Arkansas

Re: raven is Noe's messenger bird

Christ will send you a raven to see whether you aer in the faith or no. Rebel againste Christ's command to put away lucre, and to presume not that I false witness. DO any of you go a lawing with your brother before the ungodly?
Mark well the raven, he sows not, neither reaps into a storehouse, yet God feedeth him, muchare ye better than the byrddes?

Actually in Levitcus, all the tribes of Israel were to put from them many manners of bad meat. Is there any birds (reading Matthew's Levit 11) that rhyme with chicken or pheasent or duck? God gave man bird's for pleasure of sight and sound, and to build up your heart when you feed the bird off of God's hemp tree.
Elias would today pray that your hearts would not be harden, or else god wil send you no rayne if you are given to an agricultural or treeber state, who wants to stick me to my foolish misdedes, which as a partaker of the holy goost I've had to run from suche and yet it still tempts me dayly?
It's hard to see the gospel when the blinders of ravening and wickedness are in the beams of the eyes of your disembling pharisees

Jeremy 32:32 (1537-Matthew's T.R.C) For thus sayeth the LORD of Hosts: Behold, a miserable plague shall go from one people to another, and a great stormy water shall arise from all the ends of the earth.
33 And the same day shall the LORD himself slay them, from one end of the earth to another. There shall no moan be made for any of them, none gathered up, none buried: but shall lie as dung upon the ground.
34 Mourn (O ye shepherds) and cry: sprinkle yourselves with ashes, O ye rams of the flock: for the time of your slaughter is fulfilled, and ye shall fall like vessels cunningly made for pleasure.
35 The shepherds shall have no way to flee, and the rams of the flock shall not escape.

Yea, and sheep is clean meat as well as good old cattle (beef and bufalo)
Paul covered 'meat' very well,
Romans 14:22 (w.t>n.t) Hast thou faith? have it with thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
23 For he that maketh conscience, is damned if he eat: Because he doth it not of faith. For whatsoever is not of faith, that same is sin.
This preaching makes life hard & rebukefull
15:3 For Christ pleased not himself: but as it is written: The rebukes of them which rebuked thee, fell on me.
4 Whatsoever things are written aforetime, are written for our learning that we thorow patience and comfort of the scripture should have hope.

For the prestes, prophets and people of Ierusalem, God's chosen and contiuning city

2007/6/5 15:33Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Irrespective of symbolism, God sent ravens, birds, to feed Elijah. Why, we don't know.

God bless.

2007/6/6 1:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy