Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A Nation Abandoned By God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
hulsey

Missouri

A Nation Abandoned By God

"I am convinced that America has been abandoned by God." ~John MaCarthur~

[url=http://listen.family.org/daily/A000000496.cfm]A Nation Abandoned By God[/url] was preached by John MaCarthur last month during the National Day of Prayer in Colorado. This is the first part of a stunning message that Focus on the Family broadcast today. If you follow the links you can download the broadcast for free.

2007/6/4 21:46Profile

Re: A Nation Abandoned By God

Quote:

hulsey wrote:
"I am convinced that America has been abandoned by God." ~John MaCarthur~

[url=http://listen.family.org/daily/A000000496.cfm]A Nation Abandoned By God[/url] was preached by John MaCarthur last month during the National Day of Prayer in Colorado. This is the first part of a stunning message that Focus on the Family broadcast today. If you follow the links you can download the broadcast for free.

I'm convinced that the gentiles have been cut off, not just America. 911 was when the head of the flower was cut off the stem and now were in the dying process. Were in the eight minutes that it takes the light from the sun to get to the earth. If the sun were to burn out you would'nt know it for eight minutes. We are where Israel was right before the time Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 A.D. It's all over we just don't know it yet. The time of the gentiles is over, weve been cut off.

2007/6/4 22:19
Compton

Re:

Honestly dear brothers I think the way we infer natonal relationship in a disposition given more for personal relationship can be confusing. Were we Americans ever comparable to Israel in God's scheme? To add to this confusion, many sincere prophets today also compare the United States to Rome, and others say we are Babylon.

And if we are comparable to Israel, why must we be at the fall of Jersualem at the hands of Romans? Why can't we be near the deliverance of Israel from the hands of the Assyrians? Hezekiah had more reason to expect annialation then we do today...and yet God heard his prayers.

Are we so sure God won't hear our prayers? Is there any prophet here today bold enough to assure us that all our prayers for revival are useless? If so then why meet in October?

With all repect for Dobson and Macarthur, who I greatly respect, let's be careful to not allow our own exasperation to eclipse God's unfailing love and wonderful deeds. It is not for us to declare the 'gentiles are cut off.'

It is for us to pray brethren. Repentence among the gentiles, and even among the Jews, is possible with God.

Blessings,

MC

2007/6/4 22:47Profile
Ignitemysoul

Appleton

Re:

Concerning this subject I have not ever felt that we are too late to avoid judgement but the time is extremely short. A mass sence of urgency he has given me! Yet I am just a man and this is just the interpitation of what he has said!

2007/6/4 23:33Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Pleading ...

Quote:
Are we so sure God won't hear our prayers? Is there any prophet here today bold enough to assure us that all our prayers for revival are useless? If so then why meet in October?

With all respect for Dobson and Macarthur, who I greatly respect, let's be careful to not allow our own exasperation to eclipse God's unfailing love and wonderful deeds. It is not for us to declare the 'gentiles are cut off.'

Amen MC!

No one is deluded into believing we are not in some serious trouble here on these shores, but these are not the only shores ... I am just as well exasperated at hearing one way or the other these pronouncements of finality ... we are falling for certain, headlong into what I tremble to think at this rate ... you know what I fear? That this like so many other things gets taken completely the wrong way and lumped into yet another catagory...

What it amounts to is [i]it's coming, it's coming, it's coming[/i], 'it's [i]over[/i]' well the fact of the matter is that it is not yet come. Does that necessitate that we ought to 'tone it down a bit'? Absolutely not! In fact we ought to rally and rail at sin like never before, it is not all ineffectual, think there is enough of a ... solidarity effort ... here and many other places where the saints recognize the times they are living in and that souls will indeed [i]hear[/i] what needs to be heard, to be cut to the very heart and core of their being. But if there is anything I am convinced of it is the need for God to rend the heavens and come down, break up this atmosphere with His presence, Oh He must! I full well understand MacArthur's heart presumptuously without hearing his specific message here. That is to say that I would likely agree that the Lord seemingly has cast us off because of where we are, but the true matter at hand is ... Has He indeed? Then what in the world is he or SI doing? Maybe I am jumping the gun here a bit not hearing what he has to say but I do hold John MacArthur with the utmost respect, he turned me around greatly when I was knee deep in error but beyond that he is a man of conviction and fortitude.

My, I am a bit fired up this evening, not angry just ... I don't know what it is. I was deeply grieved greatly yesterday catching a glimpse again of some program 'Degrassi'? is it? And seeing [i]children[/i], yes children being portrayed as 'gay' ... Oh dear God maybe it is over and I don't know what I am talking about.

2007/6/5 0:15Profile
Compton

Re:

I feel Mike has summed up for many of us, the current state of affairs both in our nation and in our own lives. Namely, there are days when we feel there is no hope at all, indeed days of such frustration that we would bring down the economy or nuclear holocaust ourselves if we had the power...and then there are days when we see causes for great hope that the light has not been fully extinguished here in America.

It might be healthy to be mindful that God still sends help, from small [url=http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070528/NEWS/705280338/1001/LIFE]individual[/url] examples to possibly historical examples.

For instance, in the past few years I have been impressed that the brief 150 year unquestioned metaphysical autocracy of Darwinism is coming under increasingly forceful criticism in what could emerge as a 21st century 'protestant' reformation among enlightened people. Imagine a civilization in 50 years free from the state-supported materialistic philosophy of natural selection that corrodes even many Christian's faith in God...20 years ago it was too much to hope for, but it is happening right now and I believe it is a sign that the land is not completely deserted by God. The endarkenment of Darwinism was a judgement of God on western civilization, a snuffing of His light, as I understand Romans 1. That this willful ignorance is under siege today from many quarters is perhaps a small sign that God has not completely forgotten us in His anger.

There are others examples of God's help in our lives. I'm sure we could fill this forum's bandwithd just on the topic of God's help alone! Spiritual, and physical testimonies would abound if we would simply frame the question properly.

It is why we still hope for revival. Even if and when a measure of God's judgement is given to us, we have seen his mercy also. Like many here, I could detail mournfully how the Lord has disciplined me for my rebellion, and for my lukewarm inattentiveness to Himself. Even now, my friends who knew me still try to coax out of me some sign of self pity to accompany what they saw in my life. I defy them with a smile, because the theme of my life is not abandonment as I so deserved, but of redemption, which was given not solely according to any great repentence on my part, but according to God's great love. Knowing this, and humbly remembering my former prideful sensual state, how can I pronounce, or even consent to a declaration of abandonment upon others?

Still, the spirit of my post below was not without empathy for the feelings expressed, but I want to encourage! (And to be encouraged!) We must be made of sterner stuff then to throw in the towel. Our eschatology should not become a prison of fatalism that restricts faith and love. It is appointed once for each of us to die...untill that appointment there is always prayer.

As encouragement I would like to share some words from Isaiah 43, not as a timely or specific 'prophetic word', but simply as a reminder of one aspect of our Savior's character.

Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.The beast of the field shall honor me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen. This people have I formed for myself; they shall show forth my praise.

...and as a reminder or our own character at times...

But thou hast not called upon me, O Jacob; but thou hast been weary of me, O Israel.

Blessings dear brethren,

MC

2007/6/5 9:11Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: A Nation Abandoned By God

Quote:
I am convinced that America has been abandoned by God.

Does God abandon nations or do they abandon Him? Both maybe, but I don't know; Even when He gives a people over to their lusts, I believe it is with redemptive purposes in mind.

I do know that He will never forsake His children...
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, [i]I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.[/i] So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.(Heb 13:5-6)
We are perplexed but not in despair, watch and pray.

In Christ,

Ron

2007/6/5 9:27Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Quote:
InTheLight wrote: We are perplexed but not in despair, watch and pray.

Quote:
And he spoke a parable unto them to this end that men ought always to pray and not to faint; Saying, There was in a city a judge which feared not God, neither regarded man: And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh will he find faith on the earth?
Luke 18:1-8

I've heard so much from the pulpit about how God answers desperate prayer and so I'd try to pray desperately for revival, but the thing was I had no desperation and so I'd get so down cast I'd almost give up. One day I finally faced up to the facts and said "God I have no desperation! I have no tears! I have no fervor! All I have is genuine desire for you to send revival and so I'll just pray consistantly even though my prayers seem almost lifeless." Oh, it was then that God revealed to me that I was thinking that God would only answer my prayers based on my performance. Oh what a lie fabricated by the devil to keep God's people from praying!
God told me that even if I have no tears I still have consistancy. The tears and fervor will come. When I finally got honest and said "God, this is all I can do, but I'm gonna do it with all I've got" I found that God gave me the ability to pray like I hadn't known before.
Brothers and sisters, even if we don't have that desperation that we wish we had that doesn't mean that God doesn't hear our prayers if we are honest with Him and are walking with a conscience that is perfectly clean. Pray! even if if you have no tears. Pray! God still hears your prayers. God will come. I honestly believe that God will visit us again before it's too late.

2007/6/5 10:34Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

[url=http://www.oneplace.com/Ministries/Focus_on_the_Family/Default.asp]Part 2 of the message is now up.[/url] Perhaps listening to the [i]rest[/i] of the message will help. :-)

2007/6/5 13:33Profile

Re:

Good messages. Thanks for pointing them out, Jeremy.

2007/6/5 17:33

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy