SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Ye shall never fall

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Ye shall never fall

I just received an encouraging mail from a brother i meet with yesterday, The Lord really blessed me with this meeting with a man i first came in contact with through Sermonindex. What good things come through this site by the working of our Lord! this brother was from india on a visit in sweden so i got a chance to meet with him. So i just wanted further encourage people with these verses, i think the final words are incredible!

2 Pe 1:3-10

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: {to: or, by} 4 Whereby are given [i]unto us[/i] exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8 [i]For if these things be in you, and abound[/i], they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. {barren: Gr. idle} 9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. 10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: [b]for if ye do[/b] these things, [b]ye shall never fall:[/b]

2007/6/3 15:48Profile

Re: Ye shall never fall

2Pe 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the [u]knowledge[/u] of God, and of Jesus our LORD,

Hmmhmm that's good. Or that's hmm-hmm good.

Isn't God's Word Beautiful. You bit off a good chunk of meat there. Very life sustaining. Thank you hmmhmm for honoring His Word and us with these truths.

2Pe 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2Pe 1:12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth. Amen !

2007/6/3 16:04
pastorfrin

Hmmhmm,

If ye do these things, ye shall never fall.

What things? 2 Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises:

Through the scripture we have been given these promises. Why?

That by these ye might be partakers of the divine
nature. How? By faith; ”faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.”
Now to faith is added virtue, and to virtue knowledge ect...2 Peter 1:5,6,7

Vs 8 For if these things be in you, and abound,
they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor
unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Heb. 4:12 For the word of God is quick {alive)
and powerful (active), and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing
asunder of soul and spirit, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
2 Pe 1:9
But he that lacketh these things is blind, and
cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he
was purged from his old sins.

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not
hears only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in
a glass:24 For he beholdeth himself, and straight
way forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But
whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty,
(see John 8:31-32) and continueth therin, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Why? Because the scripture cannot be broken. John 10:35

Thus, if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.
because the word of God says so.

For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.
Ps. 119:89

In His Love

pastorfrin

2007/6/3 19:26Profile
theopenlife

Thanks so much!

2007/6/3 22:28Profile

Re:

:-D

Isn't His Word beautiful !

Psa 19:10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Psa 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Hmmhmm Good.

Thank you both now !

2007/6/3 22:29
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

because the word of God says so

:-) isn't the Word wonderful, now i believe it and claim that for myself....

Matthew 9:29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, [b]According to your faith be it unto you.[/b]

but its always good to [i] take heed[/i]

1cor 10:12 [i]Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.[/i]

2 Thessalonians 1:3 ¶ We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth;

Thank you Lord Jesus....

2007/6/4 2:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy