SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are you hungry & thirsty ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
elected

Tulsa OK

Are you hungry & thirsty ?

greetings to my brothers & sisters in the Lord

I want to share my heart with those few who desire like me to grow spiritually in grace and knowledge of Jesus.I think we talk much about head knowlegde in this forum while we neglect to feed our souls with the bread of life.

One reason we as believers are not filled with the Holy Spirit is because we dont thirst for the living waters. We want God to fill our cup but He cant because it's dirty; we want power before we ask Him for purity.The Spirit of the Lord is HOLY and He will not come and fill us who are born again believers unless we wash our vessels in the blood of the Lamb and we need to wash away our sins from our hearts often, but how can the blood of Jesus wash us if we dont keep continually a humble attitude in the sight of God showing him each time we feel polluted by sin our brokeness and heart felt repentace?

Then another important step in FAITH, we need to belief his promises about the Holy Spirit, we need to pray for a heart that hungers for the word of God. Our spiritual food is in the holy scriptures, we need to desire and taste the words of God that speak to our spirit. God is living, so is His word; and his word is meant to be a dayly nourishment for our soul. The letters of te Bible kill but the Spirit not only gives life but makes the words of God in the scriptures burn inside us.

I'm spiritually weak, my faith very feeble, i'm rising from where i was fallen and the Lord is reviving my spirit. I want to be hungry and thirty for the Word and the Spirit, i want the "old" fires to burn deep down my heart again.
I wanta personal revival and Holy Spirit purity, anoiting and infilling and an ongoin/increasing sanctification. I want to preach the gosple because i'm an evangelist, this is my gift and i have kept it hidden for long time, it's time to wake up belief the promise of the Father, tarry till i get the enduement with power and go forth because the harvest is ready but the workers are few.

2007/6/2 20:57Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: Are you hungry & thirsty ?

I agree, we feed ourselves with worthless things. This should make us cry, but the thing is we don't even know. Like a child eating junk food. they think this is very good, and fills full, but it is not healthy for their body. And would in time make them sick.
we don't see what sin does right away but in , time we see it. And so it starts with what we are hungery for. How do we veiw God's word? How do we view being with God? But More how do we see the Cross? What does that mean to us? What does it mean to be forgiven? When we think on cross, all fall into place.

"We want God to fill our cup but He cant because it's dirty;"

I agree, we ask God for so much , and yet we take little time to ask God to show us our dirty cups, and ask him to clean them. Most of the time we don't even know the cup is dirty. We need the Holy SPirit to show us how dirty we really are.

brokeness and heart felt repentace?

Yes when we humble ourselve and have brokness and repentace then their is power. To be honest, with God and others. Repent hate the sin we love. Really now is the time to just repent. we are are polluted with sin, with don't confess, and then becomes a hindernce to us.

when we hunger, we will seek, when we hunger we will pray, when are hungery we will make time. and we will seek God.

Yes we are weak, what can we do? we can't even hunger for God, without God? we can't do anything a part from Him, yes we need him to give us new desire to seek him. So may his grace be poured in our lives

when we see how wonderful our God is then we will hunger, So it is also a prayer that God will open our eyes to how wonderful he is.

hunger for God, is a amazing thing. to tast the wonderful things of God, and see how foolish the things of this world really are.

In his love charlene

2007/6/2 22:24Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Quote:
I agree, we ask God for so much , and yet we take little time to ask God to show us our dirty cups, and ask him to clean them. Most of the time we don't even know the cup is dirty. We need the Holy SPirit to show us how dirty we really are.

You are right we need the Holy Spirit to show our uncleaness, like Isaiah we need a spiritual revelation of our sinfulness when we see the holiness of God our hearts will bow to the dust and cry, "woe is me for i am a man of unclean lips".

"Blessed are they wich hunger and thirst after righteousness : for they shall be filled"(matt 5:6).

One sign that we are growing in grace is the continual desire for holiness, we are called to be holy that's our 'religion' it's a life of ongoin and growing sanctification in Christ but it seems that the emphasis of us as christians is often on doctrine and orthodoxy but the practical side of christian living is often neglected.

The bible says to, " taste and see that the Lord is good", what we have to taste is the Lord, his word & Holy Spirit, his daily graces for us.We should desire to see like David with the eyes of the inner man the beauty of the Lord.

How blind my heart is often, God shows daily his loving kindness to his children, in his providence he takes care of our daily needs, how unthankful i often am when i take all the good things that come from Him as granted.

God is enough that should be the crying prayer of my soul, man can live with Him and nothing else but without Him and all else we are "dead".

I want to loose grip of every possession and thing and my deepest desire should be God.
Quote:
Yes when we humble ourselve and have brokness and repentace then their is power. To be honest, with God and others. Repent hate the sin we love. Really now is the time to just repent. we are are polluted with sin, with don't confess, and then becomes a hindernce to us.

Yeah if we dont confess sin it becomes an hindrance to us and in our personal relatioship with God.

I want to give a little warning to my bro & sis in the SI, if you listen often to some powerful sermons here of godly men and if your heart doesnt get softer but harder that's a bad sign, you need to pray God to break & contrite our hearts,it's the first acceptable sacrifice before God, if we sin and if we want to be forgiven and open the way for the Blood of Jesus to cleans us.

There is a spiritual stagnation often in us and hindrances that keep us away from enjoying His full blessings that we are meant to enjoy each day.Christian life is meant to be a radiant life and we are meant to behold as in a glass the glory of the Lord and be changed into the same immage from glory to glory...by the Spirit (2 Cor 3:18).

What wonderful promises God has given us but what wreched life we live in the spirit as if we were beggars and not sons/doughters of the King.

I'm such a prayerless person, i read so little the bible, i humble myself not often before God, i'm a hypocrite, i'm an unclean person,i'm so often unbielieving to the promises of God in the bible, my heart is so hard and stuborn,i'm carnal and still a baby in the Lord but do you know what i accapt all that and i'm still worse then that but i want to change i want to be holy i desire to yearn for te Spirit and want the word of Christ dwell in me richly in all wisdom and need mercy.

There is hope for me and hope for you my dear bro &nd sis in the Lord let us desire to be hungry and thirsty for God, his holiness and righteouness and we shall be filled and poured out our lives for Jesus and people.

Above all we should satisfy our Lord Jesus.

Oswald Chambers said, "Jesus said to her, 'Give me a drink' (John 4:7).How many of us are expecting Jesus to satisfy our thirst when we should be satisfying Him!We should be pouring out our lives investing our total beings, not drawing on Him to satisfy us."You shall be witnesses of Me ..." (Acts 1:8). That means lives of pure, uncompromising, and unrestrained devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ, which will be satisfying to him whenever He may send us."

In the fellowship of the burning hearts,
Redi

2007/6/3 7:26Profile

Re:

Yes, I'm also hungry and thirsty. The longer I'm with Him, the hungrier and thirstier I grow or get.

That's 'good' if you are hungry and thirsty. Dead things or very sick things, have no hunger or thirst.

Ya know - I sat through a Spring mid-week home group this year and also a couple of other meeting groups and they'd talk up a storm about how they "weren't doing enough for God".
I listened quietly and couldn't believe that they were all like in their 60's to 80's and in the other meetings, they were all ages.
I was confused, until I heard them talking about the shows they watch on television.

Boing ! ~ I told them to unplug the thing and they'll grow like jack's bean stalk. Ha.

Gasp ~ no one could answer back cuz they knew it was true. Ha - and they still like me. Amazing.

Pray one for another.
Love.
Annie

2007/6/3 15:39
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

God give a desire to be holy. Holy Spirit help us. But if it the holy spirit that helps us, Then dear brothers and sister need to pray over everything we hear. What good is it to read a book and forget half of it, and not pray it in our lives. If we have a sin, then get God promise and pray over it. Let fight to be holy.

Really to be hunger we got to get ride of all the junk food. Its time to look over ourlives and throw it away. So the food of Christ will be so wonderful to us.

In His love
charlene

2007/6/3 16:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy