SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is sacrifice??

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tinluke

New England USA

What is sacrifice??

While praying one morning, I was reminding the Lord of all that I've given HIM. All of the sacrifices I've made in my marriage, my family and in relationships in general. Oh how much I truly love those who hate me and forgive those who have hurt me!

I was feeling pretty good about all of my glorious sacrifices until the Lord reminded me that to love those who hate me and forgive those who have hurt me, is my just and reasonable service! It is no sacrifice to simply agree with the Lord that your heart is in need of changing, especailly since HE was the one who paid the price to give me the new heart in the first place. And once the agreement is made, it is the Holy Spirit that does the work anyhow.

I was feeling as though I had arrived and the Lord was saying "No, it's simply what my children are called to do." How can we even call ourself's Christians if we are not allowing the Lord to do this work in us?

The Lord was also showing me that it is HIS act of MERCY and GRACE to allow forgivness and love to flow through me. I've been waiting for some award or something for enduring such pain and staying in a difficult marriage situation all these years. How foolish I've been...His mercy and grace has saturated my life and I'm looking for a token!

The enemy comes to rob, kill and destroy our homes, but because I have yeilded my will to the Lord, He has allowed healing and restoration to come to my family. Such mercy and grace!!!

So all this time, I thought I was sacrificing for the Lord but all along it was the mercy and grace of God allowing His life to flow through me. What an abundent life we have in Christ!!! Praise be to God!!

In HIM,

Tina

2007/6/1 17:05Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: What is sacrafice??

Quote:
So all this time, I thought I was sacraficing for the Lord but all along it was the mercy and grace of God allowing His life to flow through me. What an abundent life we have in Christ!!! Praise be to God!!

:-)

Thanks for sharing this.

2007/6/1 18:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy