SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics :  Humility needs no sin to be.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
theopenlife

Humility needs no sin to be.

May God bless us with humility...
---

Humility needs no sin to be.

Perhaps you are mistaken, as I once was, believing that sins and failures are somehow a necessary means to obtaining deep humility. "God was really humbling me," you may once have said after confessing some irksome trespass. Consider this, however: was Christ not perfectly humble, yet without sin? And which of the holy angels, if amongst their glorious beings could be found even an atom of pride, would not be cast down that instant with the damned third of the Luciferian legion? But we find, though glorious and sinless, they remain impeccably humble in constant worship about the throne.

True humility is two-fold: it is comprised firstly of a vision and secondly, the acceptance of that vision. Humilty begins with a clear vision of ones' infinite distance from the immensity of God's nature. It is finished in the reverent acceptance of this truth, that by His gracious word alone is ones' existence preserved. Humility is not to be gained by sinning, nor even by considering the weight of ones' past sins. At best, the guilty conscience may chase men to the throne of mercy, whereat they see His immence grace and in turn learn humility. So then, it is not the enormity of sin which taught the lesson, but the majesty of the throne.

The only appropriate method for learning this necessary frame of conscience, the humble posture of the submissive soul, is by gaping upon His incomparable splendor, might, dominion, and character; not only comparing, but embracing the difference of man's status as creation to God's virtue as Creator.

2007/6/1 3:06Profile
Ignitemysoul

Appleton

Re: Humility needs no sin to be.

Amen brother! I see we are from the same town! If I may ask, are their any churches in the area that you would recommend?

Peace

Jon

2007/6/4 8:30Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re: Humility needs no sin to be.

Quote:
The only appropriate method for learning this necessary frame of conscience, the humble posture of the submissive soul, is by gaping upon His incomparable splendor, might, dominion, and character; not only comparing, but embracing the difference of man's status as creation to God's virtue as Creator.

Oh, this is so true! Thank you for posting this comment.
I once read a book on humility. An excellent book. I recommend it to anyone here at SI.
Royal Insignia is the title.

2007/6/4 8:42Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
I once read a book on humility. An excellent book. I recommend it to anyone here at SI. Royal Insignia is the title.

I can second this recommendation, [i]Royal Insignia[/i] is an excellent volume on pride and humility packaged in ninety-eight short readings from many dear saints. You can find the book at [url=http://home.psknet.com/harveycp/devotional.htm]Harvey Christian Publishers[/url] for $9.50.

Another great book on the topic is simply titled [i]Humility[/i] by Andrew Murray.

In Christ,

Ron

2007/6/4 9:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy