SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : God loves you just the way you are...?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re: half empty or half full

Easy answer.
God doesn't love me just as I am.
He loves me because He sees Christ.
He loves me just as Christ is.
Amen.

2007/5/31 21:58Profile

Re: God loves you just the way you are...?

this was supposed to be a pm. sorry folks

2007/5/31 22:25
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

""...the Holy Spirit transformation in us to the likeness of Christ(and not us)""

Would it not be in the likeness of Christ is in us by the Holy Spirit by the Seed of God as in Mary. That we might be born again of Incorruptable Seed by the Word of God, which is Christ Jesus Himself. Then the prayer of Christ answered by the Father by giving us the Holy Spirit in us not just with us. Then by the Life of Christ whom brings the Father to our abode and lives in us and within us. Abode equals these clay pots that God has made the temple of the Holy Spirit of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/6/1 3:59Profile
dohzman

Re:

Quote:
Easy answer.
Amen.

That's not a true statement. For God so LOVED the World That He Gave.... Jesus was the very expression of God's heart, the Word spoken from the Fathers heart, if you will, out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.... There are alot of legal things that happen when we are born again but know this that God can't love a peoson more or less based upon thier profession of faith or lack there of. God IS LOVE. End of story. To believe anything else is to believe a perversion of the character of God. Love always wills the best for everyone irrespective of the outcome and seeks to do righteousness and justice toward all.

2007/6/1 7:38Profile

Re:

Quote:

dohzman wrote:
Quote:
Easy answer.
Amen.

That's not a true statement. For God so LOVED the World That He Gave.... Jesus was the very expression of God's heart, the Word spoken from the Fathers heart, if you will, out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.... There are alot of legal things that happen when we are born again but know this that God can't love a peoson more or less based upon thier profession of faith or lack there of. God IS LOVE. End of story. To believe anything else is to believe a perversion of the character of God. Love always wills the best for everyone irrespective of the outcome and seeks to do righteousness and justice toward all.

I think we need to take God out of this little box that we seem to have put Him in, and realise that He can hate you and love you at the same time.

John 3:16 - 'For God so [b]loved[/b] the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.'

Psalm 5:5 - 'The arrogant cannot stand in your presence, you [b]hate[/b] all who do wrong.'

It's no contradiction of Scripture here. Yes, God loves sinners, because they are still His creation. But He also hates sinners, because they are sinners; and because they are sinners, they deserve death and eternal punishment. We were once one of those sinners.

Quote:

God IS LOVE. End of story.

Not quite. Paul Washer said, 'God MUST hate because God is love.' If 'God is love, end of story', then let's all go home now, do as we like, live as we like, and then waltz into heaven when we die and pat God on the back because He loves us.

I think we need to stop arguing about whether God loves all sinners or hates all sinners. Scripture answers that question for itself. God hates all sinners (Psalm 5:5) because He is perfect and holy. But God loves sinners (John 3:16) because they are still His creation.

As Christians, we are not seen as sinners, because Christ paid our own punishment for our sins. He died for our sins, so that we wouldn't have to die for our sins. He was punished so we might not be punished. But without Christ, we are guilty sinners with a price to pay, which we would pay with our lives, and we would then be cast into everlasting death.

Praise Christ that He took God's wrath, which I deserved.

2007/6/1 8:38
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Quote:
Living a pure life to the point where your conscience doesnt condemn you is possible and being consciencly sinless that is possible too and it doesnt mean perfection ( we aim perfection). It means (according to my understanding) that we live such a holy life and we are so full with the divine that we better die then sin ( consciencly).

Amen! Amen and amen! And I believe that this is what God means when He says someone's heart was perfect toward Him. If you take a "sure, I'm not perfect" attitude about even the "smallest" sins (i.e. sharp remarks, that tiny uprising of anger when someone cuts you off on the highway, that little bit of impatience in the check out line, etc., etc.) then you've never had even the slightest glimpse of the holiness of God and you've no real comprehension of the price Jesus paid to deliver you from those smallest sins. Christ didn't die to save you from hell, He died to save you from the thing that was sending you to hell. So let me ask you, do you you want to be free from sin?- or just free from hell?
If you can look at verses like Genesis 17:1 and say "that is old covenant and doesn't apply to the christian life" then you might as well get rid of the whole Old Testament. If Genesis 17:1 doesn't apply to us, then there's nothing in the OT that does. If you don't desire holiness, then I fear for you whoever you may be.

2007/6/1 8:41Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Quote:
I think we need to take God out of this little box that we seem to have put Him in, and realise that He can hate you and love you at the same time.

[b]AMEN!!![/b]

2007/6/1 8:46Profile
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re: A little off topic

(This is off topic, but I'm following up on my previous post. I emailed Zac Poonen about water baptism being necessary for the baptism of the Holy Spirit and what their statement of faith said. He replied quite simply:

"I am saying it as Peter said it in Acts 2:38. But there are exceptions as in Acts 10."

Draw what conclusions you will, Nile.)

2007/6/1 8:47Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Are there two different types of love?

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jhn 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

If they are the same, how can you [b]not[/b] abide in his love yet God loved the whole world?

2007/6/1 10:30Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Quote:
richardf wrote:

I think we need to stop arguing about whether God loves all sinners or hates all sinners. Scripture answers that question for itself. God hates all sinners (Psalm 5:5) because He is perfect and holy. But God loves sinners (John 3:16) because they are still His creation.

Last night I was lead to this verse and I think I understand what it means now:

[b]Malachi 2:17[/b] Ye have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and he delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment?

I was right with Malachi until that last part... or... so he doesn't like the extremes. It doesn't seem like God through Malachi is condoning either cheap grace or harsh condemnation.

2007/6/1 10:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy