SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Great Commission! The duty of every Christian???

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lazarus

Connecticut

The Great Commission! The duty of every Christian???

In this thread it would be great if all our views and comments were backed up with scripture. Wouldn't that be truly awesome!

So does the commandment to "love your neighbor as yourself" include evangelism?

Are all Christians suppose to love their neighbors as themselves?

Prov. 11:30 "he that winneth souls is wise".
Does that mean that only the fools do not? Well come on does it?

2004/4/11 19:59Profile
lazarus

Connecticut

Re: The Great Commission! The duty of every Christian???

17 views already and nobody has an opinion?
Well, how about this, does anyone evangelize?

2004/4/11 20:55Profile
prayer1warrior

Re: The Great Commission! The duty of every Christian???

2004/4/11 21:33Profile
lazarus

Connecticut

Re:

Quote "I will say this: we don't need carefully devised gimmicks or tricks to attract people to our message."

"Get on fire for God and people will come to watch you burn!" John Wesley

heres a quote from an artical I wrote which mentions John the Baptist:
"He was a “voice crying out in the wilderness.” The incredible thing is that people went all the way into the wilderness to hear him, even Romans. How many of this big youth groups would have the same amount of people coming to them if it wasn’t for the fancy youth room with all the games, the free pizza, and the amusement park trips? I believe as John Wesley did that if you get on fire for God, people will come to watch you burn. That’s what happened with John. We need preachers like that today! The candy and the games are being used to make up for the lack of fire.

The more of God we have, the less of things we'll want.

2004/4/11 22:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The answer to you question is so obvious that it should tell you something that you have had so few responses. I think that you should check the spirit in which you have been posting. I have remained silent until now, but I think that you should heed Greg's advice and seek God in prayer. That is what my spirit is telling me. I say it in love not meaning to offend. Take some time and think and pray. "Humble yourself therefore under God's mighty hand, and He will lift you up in due time." That's in Phillipians and I am sure that you can find it. In fact, a close examination of the pauline epistles may prove fruitful for you. Just a suggestion.

Brother Dave, I just got off the phone speaking with Jesse (lazarus) I really believe the devil has been working to show seeds of discord, this brother has a heart for God, revial and true biblical Christianity, its like looking in a mirror when I was speaking with him! :-D

I think Jesse needs to just be careful how he words somethings but his spirit is [b]totally[/b] in the right place with God. I AM PRIVILEDGED to have met this brother! I am sorry if I gave alot of people the feeling that he is trying to post in the wrong spirit, he is not.

So Jesse if you read this just try to post and give more content to your posts so people don't think you are trying to say something you aren't. After speaking to you I know you have alot of GREAT things to say so don't hesitate to give those fingers a work out hehe :-P You are among friends brother Jesse.

2004/4/12 0:24Profile
prayer1warrior

Re:

Pro 27:17 "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."

2004/4/12 1:22Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I would encourage you to continue as Greg has said, but I stand behind what I posted to you earlier. I only wish now that I had sent it to you privately. It is with love, and I know from what you have said in the threads that you will accept it as a co-laborer in Christ, and as a man of God should.

He is just not taking the time to write out his words, I used to have this problem when I started in the forums. If he takes time and thought to write out posts like how he speaks orally trust me you will fully agree with him in most of what he has to say. This brother has a wonderful broken heart that really is seeking the deeper things of God. As Keith said, its amazing how we can communicate, its a miricale :-P

2004/4/12 1:30Profile
lazarus

Connecticut

Re:

Does anyone know of any creative ways to share the gospel which you have tried and proved?

One way I thought was creative was evangelism envelopes. The gospel is written on the outside of the envelopes so not only do the people who recieve the letter hear the gospel, but also everyone who handles it in the post office.

2004/4/12 18:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy