SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Buddist becomes Elder of a church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Buddist becomes Elder of a church

I was listening to a story from an Intercessors for Britain Speaker Stuart Doole and he was talking about how a man who knew, who was Buddist all the church lingo walked into a church with the aim of splitting up the church.
It was an amazing thing to think that such men can enter our churches.
In university I think there was one Buddhist man teaching Christian theology.

2007/5/29 17:23Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: Buddist becomes Elder of a church

I just finished reading Dostoevsky's The Idiot, and one of the last chapters mentions a man in France in the 18th or 19th century who joined the priesthood and took all the vows only in order to be acceptend and then state that he didn't believe in God.

Quote:
But like the Frenchman of whom the story is told that he studied for holy orders, took all the oaths, was ordained priest, and next morning wrote to his bishop informing him that,
as he did not believe in God and considered it wrong to deceive the people and live upon their pockets, he begged to surrender the orders conferred upon him the day before, and to inform his lordship that he was sending this letter to the public press {Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Idiot, Part 4, Chapter IX. 1869}

This isn't new... this is athiesm and anti-Christianity at its core, from the very start.

2007/5/29 17:32Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy