SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Life, Home & Health Insurance; RRSP's, Stocks, Mortgages....

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
repentcanada

Life, Home & Health Insurance; RRSP's, Stocks, Mortgages....

I would love to hear what the body of believers here on Sermon Index thinks is MOST godly when considering the above "things".

For example, I have heard a few believers say they would never take out a mortgage to buy a home but would rather rent one for their entire lives.

thanks,
Ricky

2007/5/27 20:40Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re: Life, Home & Health Insurance; RRSP's, Stocks, Mortgages....

Here are a couple of verses that others on SI gave me when I asked a question like this.

Pr 22:7 ¶ The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.

Ro 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Jordan

2007/5/27 21:13Profile
repentcanada

Re:

any further thoughts saints?

2007/5/28 13:39Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
any further thoughts saints?

I personally think there is nothing wrong with stocks, mortgages, loans, insurance. All these things are a part of the society we live in. In all these cases there are godly ways to use them and be faithful with them. There is a parable about Jesus giving out money for lend so it would return money back, ie like stocks. If it was such a evil practice then he would not have used that "earthly" example for his spiritual teaching.

I like this verse about praying for leaders of our countries:

"that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty." - 1 timothy 2:2

God is pleased that in all our dealings we are "honest" that matters much.

2007/5/28 14:23Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

You have asked questions upon which there are a variety of opinions.

Renting, borrowing have been with mankind for many years. The idea of insurance I think is of more recent origin...could be wrong.

Consider this: if you only rent, what will you have at the end of your life? No home you can call your own. If you are a married male, where would your widow live if she has no home to call her own. Would there still be money to pay rent? What would she do if she were old and the landlord tells her to move?

Now about insurance: Insurance preys upon a persons' fear of the unknown, buys security against a perceived calamity like fire, disease, disaster....this is something you will have to take up with the LORD to help you sort through.

What do you think?

ginnyrose

2007/5/29 23:52Profile

Quote:
Matthew 25:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

Quote:
Luke 19:23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?

I think that the LORD would encourage those who have money to put it away so that it would increase. There are those whom He sets aside to sell all, there are those who are made to serve others with their money.

However getting into debt is not pleasant, and I would avoid such transactions.

2007/5/30 6:34

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy