SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Divorce and Remarriage by David Servant

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
As far as this topic is concerned I think John MacArthur’s sermon does the best at showing the Biblical way to handle it.

What do you feel are any grounds for remarriage. The strictest view I have ran across is that the "other partner" has to die to allow the person to re-marry.

2007/5/28 0:04Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Servant

Quote:
Did you read the article?

All of the article?

It is indeed jumping the gun not to do so.

Joh 7:51 Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?

Would hope that there would be a suspension of positions long enough to just consider what our own brethren are saying, before coming to conclussions. This is presented quite well in all honesty, oddly had been musing on some of the same considerations earlier today in the other similar post.

2007/5/28 0:55Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
What do you feel are any grounds for remarriage. The strictest view I have ran across is that the "other partner" has to die to allow the person to re-marry.

MacArthur says there are two Biblical reasons for divorce and two times you can remarry. If you have a Biblical divorce you can remarry, because a Biblical divorce breaks the bond of marriage. A marriage after a Biblical divorce does not have you in adultery. The very end of his sermon says it very well…much better than I. He uses the Greek, scriptures and context to state his reasoning.

2007/5/28 1:36Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
Brother, I perceive the writer of this article is wanting to ease the conscience of those 'caught in the remarriage trap'.

I don’t see that he is trying to let anyone off the hook or feel okay about sinning…just letting them know that if it happened in their life before being a Christian that they are not condemned. He never says anything other than God hates divorce and that true Christians will not divorce.

Quote:
If there is no issue, why do these people oftentimes bring this issue up to people who they perceive to have it all together? Does this not tell you the Holy Spirit is putting red flags into their conscience and they do not like what they sense in their spirit?

Many ask about this topic because of the different views out there and they are confused. Many of the top Bible teachers are split on this topic. For a new Christian it is not always easy to find your way through this. When I was first saved I felt convicted of everything…and I mean everything. It took a while before I began to understand how to balance the opinion of the saints I trusted and listen to the Holy Spirit for myself.

This article is not flawless...but it does need to be read in its entirety.

2007/5/28 13:24Profile
1956Ford

NC

Re:

I see some of the same issues brought up in the article that we see discussed in some other forums.
Check out my Frequently Asked Questions on MDR at http://www.cadz.net/faq.html

Duet. 24 is covered there.

I repented of an adulterous remarriage. My testimony is at
http://www.cadz.net/mdr.html

If you are comitting adultery then you have a spouse that does not belong to you. How can one repent and keep that which does not belong to them?

I wish I had more time to discuss but I do not. Check out the FAQ above, that is all I can do for now.

2007/5/28 13:59Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Here are another 2 articles to read on this subject:

[b]Divorce & Remarriage by John Murray[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17107&forum=36&0

[b]Divorce And Remarriage From The Early Church To John Wesley[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17118&forum=36&3

2007/5/29 3:05Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

TJ,

I'm sorry I haven't had the time to share a more indepth explanation of why I feel as I do, but I will soon.

2007/5/29 7:20Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

No hurry. I will be here as long as Sermonindex is around. :-)

I have read many of your other posts on this subject on other treads and understand your views and where you are coming from.

I posted this to show other views. We can agree with it…or not. I don’t agree with all of it myself.

It’s kinda like the Arminian/Cavinism thing; each side has its scriptures and interpretations.

Greg has posted some really good articles on this issue and I believe they are listed in this thread.

2007/5/29 9:40Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy