SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : ABC NEWS: Answers in Genesis Video

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
repentcanada

ABC NEWS: Answers in Genesis Video

GLORY TO GOD, and this coverage is from the secular world!

THIS IS A MUST SEE! (3minutes long)

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3211807

2007/5/26 0:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: ABC NEWS: Answers in Genesis Video

Praise God indeed. May God use this museum for His glory.

2007/5/26 4:40Profile
Compton

Re:

I found this nervous quote from the critics telling...

"Educators are worried that because the museum's presentation is so sophisticated it may give children a distorted view of science."

Rather autobiographical isn't it. Most of what is believed by the average joe about evolutionary biology isn't reached through objective personal observation but through exposure to the seamless unchallenged populist presentations in school textbooks, movies, and the museums. (Although the report stated 60% of Americans still believe in 6 days of creation.)

Last week in Chicago, I visited the Field museum where they had some 'proto-human' bones displayed in a solemn glass case in a dimly lit room with a spotlight all calculated to infuse the viewer with an almost spiritual sense of awe and reverence. And even though not a single facial bone was there, the museum artists had no problem in imagineering a sculptural "restoration" of the face which amazingly was a perfect blend of ape and man. (Edit: I'm sure they meant well, but it was a case of "the emperor has no face".)

I'm glad the Creation Museum is down there challenging our pagan myths.

MC

2007/5/26 8:27Profile
lovegrace

Re:

Awesome. Praise God. A great response to their questions.

Awesome. Just awesome. 8-)

2007/5/26 8:51Profile
ReviveUsLord

Macedonia

"Educators are worried that because the museum's presentation is so sophisticated it may give children a distorted view of science."

Eugenie Scott, PhD, Exec.Dir. Natl. Center for Science Education:
"They will show up in classrooms, and say: "Gee Mrs.Brown, I went to this very spiffy museum last summer and they say that everything you're teaching me is a lie."

Ken Ham, President, Answers in Genesis:
"And I say: Great! Amen! That's what this place is all about. It's meant to challenge people."

Amen! Praise God! May many people get challenged by this place and think twice about what they believe as "science".

2007/5/26 11:45Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

The church I've been going to has been really excited about this for quite awhile. I wouldn't be surprised if we took a trip to see it sometime.

2007/5/26 15:34Profile
Tears_of_joy

I was also very glad when I read the open mission statement on their site:

[b]Museum mission statement[/b]

[b]Exalt Jesus Christ as Creator, Redeemer and Sustainer[/b] through a safe, wholesome, family-friendly center for learning and discovery that clearly presents major biblical themes from Genesis to Revelation.

This center will equip Christians to better [b]evangelize the lost with a sense of urgency,[/b] through a combination of exhibits, research and educational presentations that uphold the inerrancy of the Bible.

This center will also challenge visitors to receive [b]Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and to accept the authority of the Bible[/b] by providing culturally relevant biblical and scientific answers from a biblical worldview.

http://www.creationmuseum.org/about

2007/5/26 15:47Profile

Re: ABC News : Answers in Genesis video

Compton said

Quote:
the [Field] museum artists had no problem in imagineering a sculptural "restoration" of the face which amazingly was a perfect blend of ape and man. (Edit: I'm sure they meant well, but it was a case of "the emperor has no face".)

I'm glad the Creation Museum is down there challenging ... pagan myths.

The Creation Museum's exhibits are brilliant. I know you might think this is crazy, but I'm more impressed with the scaffolding on the Ark, than with an animatronic dinosaur.

Ken Ham was wonderfully unapologetic, too. 8-)

2007/5/27 14:27

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy