SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Small may be our strength

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Tears_of_joy

Small may be our strength

Small may be our strength in these last days. The tide of error, and sin, and worldliness may be running very strong. It may not be easy to confess Christ, or to hold fast His truth. But His grace is sufficient for us; and woe be to us if we give way to the errors of the age, or conform to its vanities, or seek to please its multitudes, either under the dread of public opinion, or the fear of not being reputed ‘men of progress,’ or the shrinking from more direct persecution and hatred! Faithfulness to Christ, and to His truth, is everything, especially in days when iniquity shall abound, and the love of many shall wax cold.

Fear not! The reward is glorious; the honour is beyond all earthly honours. The contempt and enmity are but for a day; the dignity and the blessedness are forever and ever.

Though men call you narrow-minded for cleaving to old truth,—now obsolete, as they say; for ‘worship of a book,’ or biblioatry, as they call it; for the stern refusal to lower our testimony to our glorified Lord and coming King! Let us be content to bear reproach for Him and His word. The glory to be given us at His appearing will more than compensate for all.

[i]-Taken from Light & Truth: Bible Thoughts & Themes, Vol. V, 1872. Horatius Bonar[/i]

2007/5/22 7:57Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Small may be our strength

Quote; ...for the stern refusal to lower our testimony...

This is it. What God wants versus what the world wants.

To lower our standard is to deny Christ, and how do we gain by doing that?

If we deny Him before men, He will deny us before His Father in heaven, Matt 10v33.

Even though this was written years ago, it sounds very much like today.

Thanks for the article.

God bless.

2007/5/22 8:26Profile

Re: Small may be our strength

Quote:
Let us be content to bear reproach for Him and His word. The glory to be given us at His appearing will more than compensate for all.

The blessed contentedness of bearing anything for our Lord.

[i]"If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him." -- C.T. Studd[/i]

2007/5/22 8:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy