SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Art Katz Update

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
chadster

Art Katz Update

May 21, 2007

Art hasn't recovered much from the past flare-up of PAN (beginning of May). He continues to be very short of breath and feels weak and 'woozy'. Even the smallest activity is a task for him. His legs are currently swollen and he has erupted with purple lesions on his feet and abdomen. As we mentioned previously, each flare-up weakens the main arteries and blood vessels around the heart, increasing the risk of a rupture.

He is at home currently, and still makes it to our morning prayer meeting almost daily (whenever it is not totally impossible).

Here's a personal note from Art:

I am in the most critical danger ever. Sissy [Art's daughter] was quite alarmed last night at my swollen feet indicating buildup of fluids that my overworked heart cannot discharge due to contracted veins and arteries. Should begin some 'miracle drug' perhaps this week arranged by my doctor free for four dosages. Pray it might do some good in opening the restricted passages so susceptible to clotting. Still, rejoicing in the inner man....

art

Appreciating your prayers and encouragment,

2007/5/21 20:59Profile
Talkn2u

Re: Art Katz Update

Thank you for this update... I didn't even know he was ill...
Art Katz's messages just came to my attention yesterday and I have been listening to his sermon's since.
I am captivated by the Spirit of God that is so evident and Mighty in him.
Please know that I will bring his need to the Lord, immediately.

2007/5/21 21:20Profile
repentcanada

thanks for the update, we are praying

2007/5/21 21:25Profile
Jeppe

The Netherlands

Quote:

Still, rejoicing in the inner man....

art

Appreciating your prayers and encouragment,

2007/5/23 16:46Profile
Jeppe

The Netherlands

May 29, 2007 (note from Inger Hava)

Dear Readers of the Burning Bush website,

I have gone to Israel and the West Bank with Art’s and our kid’s blessings. I know Christina (Sissy) has kept up with you about Pappi’s (Art’s) condition. There have been some close calls to eternity, and we now know the medicine he gets has come to a point where it can’t help him much anymore. He is still able to do a few things, like feeding his beloved dogs (mine too). He can walk to and from the daily prayer meetings. When the sun is out he likes to sit outside with his books. I go to work at 4:00AM and get home at 11:00AM five days a week. When I am gone he is able to make his own simple breakfast, and I’m home to make lunch.

I take him out to eat once a week, which he enjoys very much. Friends in the area and from afar come to visit with him. This is a big joy for him. It’s hard to see him as a vital preacher just being able to sit and not being on the go. The illness as well as the steroids have taken their toll on him. So how do I personally look at God with all this? To be honest I do not know and understand why this is happening to him. I do not know why the office and community center burned down and so much was lost. To see Pappi watch as the office burned up broke my heart. And of course, I had one question: “Why God, what’s the reason?” I do not know and understand it, but I do know this: God has a reason for it, and I know He holds our tomorrow and our today. And I want to walk as faithfully in it as I can. Thank you all for keeping Pappi (Art) in your prayers and before the throne of grace.

Art’s memory isn’t the best anymore. So if you like to visit with us, please make arrangements with me or Mama Rose rather than with Art, he simply cannot remember who he invites and when they will be coming. He forgets to tell me and I like to be able to serve a simple meal and hospitality. If I don’t know I can’t prepare for it.

Please contact our office if you want to visit.

May God bless you.

On behalf of the Katz family,
Inger Hava

2007/5/29 18:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy