SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What do you think of the "Need God" Gospel presentation?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Psalm73

Arkansas

Re:

I am not careful to answer thee on this matter, as narrow as I may seem, I have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ without respect of persons. You can't just go up on the street to anybody folyshly with the purpose of being seen of men, for the praise of men, yet a sense of love you do have, but don't I take heed and beware of covetousnees? That you should accuse yourself before the Lord as I, who was so covetous (openly follish as well) with the o;d car, other's wifes, $$, however those who covet land take it by violence. I donot however I seek mine own and do look upon other's thinges.
Never did I work fithiness with men, that I ought am accused of, God has casted all fornications away from me.
Just like now, if I went out their and talk to the neighnors walking down the street about Christ Jesus with my doctrine of winds, and seeking to please them, they would talk me to scorn and now the religous authorites have heard about Tindale

I didn't chose this, Calvin is not Christ but a commander of men, really I would have rather withdrawn to the OZarks and lived in ease.

But I preached to Ninevah to forsake vain vanities, to proclaim fasting, to put on sackclought and live from death unto life

Thorow the redempcion of the blood of Iesus

Also loving even while the hearts are hardening

AMen and praise to God the father

Exhort the bretren and sistern to love one another

2007/5/24 10:14Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

Psalm73 wrote:
I am not careful to answer thee on this matter, as narrow as I may seem, I have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ without respect of persons. You can't just go up on the street to anybody folyshly with the purpose of being seen of men, for the praise of men, yet a sense of love you do have, but don't I take heed and beware of covetousnees? That you should accuse yourself before the Lord as I, who was so covetous (openly follish as well) with the o;d car, other's wifes, $$, however those who covet land take it by violence. I donot however I seek mine own and do look upon other's thinges.
Never did I work fithiness with men, that I ought am accused of, God has casted all fornications away from me.
Just like now, if I went out their and talk to the neighnors walking down the street about Christ Jesus with my doctrine of winds, and seeking to please them, they would talk me to scorn and now the religous authorites have heard about Tindale

I didn't chose this, Calvin is not Christ but a commander of men, really I would have rather withdrawn to the OZarks and lived in ease.

But I preached to Ninevah to forsake vain vanities, to proclaim fasting, to put on sackclought and live from death unto life

Thorow the redempcion of the blood of Iesus

Also loving even while the hearts are hardening

AMen and praise to God the father

Exhort the bretren and sistern to love one another

How many times do you have to be told you are barely intelligible because you insist on using old English? Please, if you want to communicate with people communicate in their vernacular. You didn't learn to speak like this in the Ozark Mountains. (For anyone who doesn't know they are located in Arkansas/Missouri.)

Speak some "Arkaneze" at least then I would know what you are talking about.

2007/5/24 11:32Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re: The Law

It is a very biblical way to share the gospel. Ray and Kirk have been a tremendous blessing in my life.

2007/5/24 11:34Profile
dohzman

I think

I believe that "we" in the church look at "sins" and see sinners. I think God looks at "SIN" and see s lost mankind who needs to be redeemed and doesn't have a clue that they are dead or even standing in the place of eternal judgement of damnation. Two very different things. If I were to say to you lets go to the funeral home and preach to the dead corpse, but let's tell him/her the law of God and ask them some simple questions, than we can lead them to Christ. I supose this has some truth to it, if those bringing the message have the power of God to first bring life so that the dead corpse lives and comes to an understanding so as to see & repent & believe. Methods may be fine but hearing and following the leading of the Holy Spirit that a display of the gospel may be presented I think is better.

2007/5/24 12:07Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

Quote:
It's called "Way of the Master" because Jesus used the law of GOd to reach lost souls. Have you ever listened to "Hell's Best Kept Secret"? Brother Ray gives Scripture and extreme detail as to how we need to open up the Divine law to the lost.

Do you need exact Scriptures?

I've read their book, I've watched their DVD. It was about a year ago though.
But yes, I want exact scriptures. I know they say Jesus used the Law, I know they say it is "the way of the master" but I want to see an exact scriptures. I guess I could watch the DVD again, but I thought that given the exuberance towards this method that people would already have had them handy.
I'd like to clarify again that in no way am I against telling people they are bad. I totally want people to repent, that is major. I do believe that a man cannot come to Christ before he realizes he is evil and God is good. I also don't think that this method is horrible, and I agree that it seems to convert people. But I still wouldn't use it because I don't agree that it is a "biblical use of the law". As a gentile, the only law I've ever been under is the law of my conscience and the law of grace.
I do not see in any epistle, in any sermon in acts, or in any gospel a use of the ten commandments to convert people. But I am a young Christian, and I may have just forgotten. I don't mind if people quote the ten commandments to sinners or have it on their lawn. I'm not going to in anyway avoid using the ten commandments.
Well I'll tell you my real problem. My real problem is so many people are preaching another man's gospel. Instead of God revealing to people what to say, they are learning this formula for witnessing. I say, speak from the spirit, not out of some prepackaged message.
So do I hate that Kirk and Ray go out and do their thing? no. But I am a little concerned with how this seems to the lost, that our people cant think and experience for themselves....
I think that this probably isn't as on topic as I'd like. I should have just focused on the presentation itself, and not all the other baggage.

------
Edit: HmmHmm brought up the scripture about the use of the law. I've seen it, and I'm looking into it. I missed it the first time around.

2007/5/24 12:12Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

Quote:
Quote:

Firstly, I do not believe that telling one lie makes one a liar. Telling one lie is telling one lie. A liar is someone who habitually lies. I believe when we are sanctified, we no longer habitually lie because we are born in the Spirit. Therefore we are no longer liars. That is how I believe we become blameless. I went fishing one time, does that make me a fisher? But I could overlook that. One sin is a huge deal, even if you never do it again. If fishing really offended God, even though I did it once, I should worry.

so how many lies does it take to become a liar? If we are born of the Spirit and we suddenly stop being liars, should we not stop lying altogether? We are sanctified (freed from sin) as much as we yield to God and if we don't yield our tongues, we keep on lying. To lie once is no less offensive to God than a thousand lies, either offense will land you in hell apart from Christ. for our bodies to be preserved blameless at His return, we need an impartation from Him into our inner man which will transform our soul (heart, intellect, emotions) and upon this, our bodies are kept from sinning as a result. to be blameless is not just to lay hold of the work of the Cross but to have the Cross work in your own life so that you become blameless in your person.

It is not a question of "how many lies". It is a question of character. A liar is someone who has a lying nature. Lying comes easily to a liar.

I would love to say that when we are born of the Spirit we never lie again. If you have attained this, I'm very glad for you. In my case, I stopped being a liar after salvation, but I have lied after salvation. Lying has become something repugnant to my spirit, and something that I would never let be, but it has occurred in times of weakness. As it is with all sin.

Other than that we agree. I take sin very seriously.

2007/5/24 12:25Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Elected (edited from Hopepurifies)

indeed i was addressing bro Elected, my apologies and thanks for pointing that out bro Hope!

Greetings in Christ's name by whose Blood we are justified. AMEN.

Quote:
Sorry brother but u are wrong, justification is by faith in the Son of God, the law only condemns us, make us guilty and helpless we should make good use of the law especially to a careless sinner but standing before the mount of Sinai with the burden of sin on your shoulder and hoping that u will be justified by obeying the law it's impossible you need to walk few miles away to the cross and enter by the Door the narrow way.

dear brother i trust you did read the rest of the comment i made which you quoted me as saying:

Quote:
The preaching of justification by the law is necessary

i continued on to say this (i have put the whole statement together)

[b]The preaching of justification by the law is necessary to have the contrast needed to show forth the Mercy and Goodness of our God shown us through Christ.[/b]

did you stop reading after what you quoted me as saying? The whole issue in the preaching of the law is key to indeed condemn us as you said so that the Gospel of Grace can have furtile soil in our hearts to fall upon. If man is not convicted of sin and convinced he can't keep the law, then what is Grace to him? it means nothing. Dear brother i am not saying that the law is our justification, Heaven forbid lest i make the Gospel of none effect! i am saying though that the law is needed so Grace is made plain to men as you said here:

Quote:
The law can reveal the wickeness of our hearts but it is the Word of God that saves us and the Spirit that convicts and leads us to repantance and to Christ.

this is exactly what i am saying so we are in agreement bro!i would say also that to follow the law and commandments is an evidence of salvation also because we are called to follow His commandments.

Quote:
Ray Comfort makes good use of the law but his message lacks unction and power at least it seems so to me.Our intentions can be very honest and true but we are in desperate need of power from on high.

what the is unction? do you mean that you don't sense a certain power in what bro Comfort preaches? Let us examine the fruit and see how many have truly been saved. it seems to me bro, the salvation of a man is an inwrought work of God which is done in secret and may not be seen on the surface right away but if we observe the new convert we shall see. Does power from on High lacking in this ministry (as you see it) mean few converts or that it doesn't tickle your fancy?

i concur that we ought to be careful of getting into a funk which is why we need to follow HOly Spirit's leadings in each situation.

Grace and Peace to you all in Christ.

2007/5/24 13:07Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

I see my name at the top of your post, but I see nothing I wrote.
:-)
You're speaking to elected.

2007/5/24 13:31Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Elected
greetings in Christ's name.

Quote:
It is not a question of "how many lies". It is a question of character. A liar is someone who has a lying nature. Lying comes easily to a liar.

So is this nature not inherent in a man to some degree? As we are sinners by nature (lying being one) are not all men then by default liars whether they do so habitually or not? Do we not all have this sin nature of which a lying nature is a component?

bro Hope (i trust this was a post you put up which i'm quoting!)

Quote:
I would love to say that when we are born of the Spirit we never lie again. If you have attained this, I'm very glad for you. In my case, I stopped being a liar after salvation, but I have lied after salvation. Lying has become something repugnant to my spirit, and something that I would never let be, but it has occurred in times of weakness. As it is with all sin.

i bless God for what you said here about sin being repugnant after salvation because after we're saved, each sin we commit should rightly pierce us and cause us grief and bring us to repentance. i am not saying that i have yet to reach the goal, but i press on in God and seek Him to make me Perfect as He is. i must say that it is much harder for me to lie now than a while ago, i find sometimes if i think to lie, then no words come out or if they do they are jumbled. Weird but i bless God for it.

in another post you mentioned the only law you were under as a gentile was of your conscience and then grace. it seems to me that the law of one's conscience is of God since the conscience does convict us of wrong. As Gentiles we had no need of the law because it the conscience was always a witness to us when we do wrong for both Jew and Gentile.

Grace and Peace in His name to you all. AMEN.

2007/5/24 15:39Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

Quote:
Quote:

So is this nature not inherent in a man to some degree? As we are sinners by nature (lying being one) are not all men then by default liars whether they do so habitually or not? Do we not all have this sin nature of which a lying nature is a component?

Exactly. I think the "one sin" "one lie" comment by Living Waters is irrelevant in the light of this sin nature. Any time where we could have lied and did not before salvation was the common grace of God (He gives rain on the wicked and the righteous). But they aren't liars because they sinned one time, but because they are liars by nature. Exactly, you've helped me solidify what I was trying to say.

Yeah, I agree that the law of the conscience is of God, He made it. Our conscience tells us that God should be acknowledged, not to do meanness against our friends, etc. Like the law, the conscience needs Jesus before it is whole.

2007/5/24 16:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy