SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Do we remember the Underground Church?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Do we remember the Underground Church?

This is a short exscript from the excellent book, "Tortured for Christ" by Richard Wurmbrand:

Theologians of the West discuss trifles in the meantime. It reminds me that, while the troops of Mahomet II surrounded Constantinople in 1493 and it had to be decided whether the Balkans would be under Christian or Mohammedan domination for centuries, a local church council in the besieged city discussed the following problems: What color were the eyes of the virgin Mary? What gender do the angels have? If a fly falls into sanctified water, is the fly sanctified or is the water defiled? This may be only a legend concerning those times, but pursue Christian periodicals of today and you will find that questions just like these are discussed. [b]The menace of the persecutions and sufferings of the Underground Church are scarcely ever mentioned.[/b]

2007/5/20 18:13Profile
pastorfrin

Re: Do we remember the Underground Church?

Nile,

Would the reason be that a majority of the so called church is afraid of persecution and will do most anything to avoid it?
Where is the Underground Church anyway?

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/5/20 19:57Profile

Re: Do we remember the Underground Church?

Nile, thanks for posting this. I need constant reminders like this to keep things in perspective and to keep me from participating in vain debates.

We should keep these people in our daily thoughts and prayers.

"Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body." (HEB 13:3)

Thanks again.

2007/5/20 22:59

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy