SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christians have 10 Days to Convert to Islam in Pakistan

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Christians have 10 Days to Convert to Islam in Pakistan

[b]Christians have 10 Days to Convert to Islam in Pakistan[/b]

Christians in Charsadda, a town in North-West Frontier Province in Pakistan, have been warned that if they do not convert to Islam by 17 May they will face “dire consequences and bomb explosions”, Christian Today has learned.

The threats were made in a letter circulated last week to the town’s Christian population, according to the All Pakistan Minorities Alliance.

They come as Pakistan’s National Assembly overwhelmingly rejected proposed amendments to the blasphemy laws, which were tabled by a minority representative Member of Parliament, Mr Bhandara. On 8 May, the Government led the movement in the National Assembly to defeat the reforms.

Under the existing blasphemy laws, anyone convicted of blasphemy against the Prophet Mohammad faces life imprisonment or the death penalty, according to section 295C of the Pakistan Penal Code. ...

2007/5/16 20:17Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re: Christians have 10 Days to Convert to Islam in Pakistan

Heb 13:3 Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.

2007/5/16 20:59Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Strengthen them by your Holy Name Lord Jesus!

2007/5/16 21:48Profile
rlh

oklahoma

Re:

I think we have forgotten how easy we have it-at least in the US,Canada and most of Europe. I wonder what most "christians " would do if faced with the same choice in the fore mentioned countries? I pray that God will give them strength. "These are they who have come throutgh great tribulation...."

2007/5/16 22:20Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

their cross and our may manifest in different ways and look different.

But it should way as much on our shoulders as on theirs,

Lets pray

2007/5/17 4:17Profile

Re:

I pray that not a single soul rejects Christ.

Can you imagine "blasphemey laws" in America? In our country it's almost a law that you [i]must[/i] blaspheme God, it seems like.

Krispy

2007/5/17 6:59
dohzman

Re: Christians have 10 Days to Convert to Islam in Pakistan

I've been in much prayer over this situation as soon as I heard about it from the AP news wire. May the Lord Himself move as He did in days of old to perserve His children and raise up a testamony to His name through this trial of great affliction, which we are seeing played out in the lives our our fellow brothers and sisters. Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

2007/5/17 7:59Profile

Re:

Separately, I've begun to think about the importance of the resurrection of the body, in our faith. The apostles clung to this hope.

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live."

Acts 4:33
And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.

Philipp 3:10, 11
that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

1 Cor 15:13
But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen.

Muslims are not afraid to kill their own. We have a current case of a married, pregnant teenager, dying of stab wounds in her own home. Members of her close family have been arrested.

I think most Pakistanis who become Christians, know they risk death.

2007/5/17 8:19
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

I am not a much of a TV watcher, but PBS has been on a religious kick; & aired a jaw dropping docu-drama of the files released from the vatican on the inquisition, which struck a cord within me, I can't imaging the things that the reformers faced; But from the thread posted on the Forced conversions in Pakistan & VOM news, we see these things are alive and well,

I pray our freedoms (where satan is often a angel of light) doesn't make us complacent to the the trials our brothers and sisters facing persecuting...in nations where satan is as a roaring lion,

I thank you for the post & I shall be in prayer

2007/5/17 8:55Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

God has the power to deliver them from this trouble and God may let it take place. We must pray for them that they are delivered, but most importantly that they stand strong for Jesus regardless of what happens.

These verses came to my mind when I heard about this story:

Hebrews 11:32-40
32And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

33Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.

34Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

35Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

36And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

37They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38(Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

40God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect."

2007/5/17 9:08Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy