SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is the Passion that drives your...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Talkn2u

What is the Passion that drives your...

prayer for Revival???

I seriously would like to know WHY are YOU so strongly desiring to see God's Spirit move Mightily and Most Assuredly upon our Nation and the World...

I am surprised to see that for some, it is not the same reason as for others.

Talkn2u

2007/5/15 19:28Profile

Re: What is the Passion that drives your...

To be used mightily under the hand of God and to see the Church healed and grow in the power of the Spirit. My focus is on the brokeness of the Church, not so much on unregenative man.

2007/5/15 19:39

Re: What is the Passion that drives your...

Wow - great thread. I can't wait to see the responses.

There are so many things that would change through revival - our churches, our cities, our nations....I don't know that I can fully comprehend the impact that REAL revival would have.

But what an awesome thing it would be to see the glory of the Lord restored to the church. I always love to read in the books of Acts about how people recognized that the apostles had been with Jesus. He left a mark on their lives. I think maybe there is too little of this today. (I speak for my own life) And so I want to see His glory revealed in my life and in my church and in my city and in my nation....That all might know that the presence of our God is with us. I mean, what if the body of Christ walked in holiness and love? What if our lives were a continual worship of Jesus? What if we really carried the fragrance of Christ with us?

Dani

2007/5/15 20:08
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Psalm 63:1-5 "O God, thou [art] my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
[b]To see thy power and thy glory, so [as] I have seen thee in the sanctuary. [/b]
Because thy lovingkindness [is] better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
[b]My soul shall be satisfied as [with] marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise [thee] with joyful lips.[/b]"

2007/5/15 23:10Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Why pray?
for His glory..
For praise to His name..
He wants our worship
He wants our hearts
But it is all for His Glory

under that.. that lives will be saved
to praise him and enjoy him

We have no power without God, and use prayer
give us power,
and we need power to be used as soul winners

But we will not pray or weep as we should
until we feel the way God does about America

We need feeling again

In his love
charlene

2007/5/16 0:26Profile
Talkn2u

Re:

Quote:

Compliments wrote:
My focus is on the brokeness of the Church, not so much on unregenative man.

I see it the same way too...it is not that I am so wanting to see change in man, for man's sake...but change in the hearts of man, for the sake of the Glory of God !!!

2007/5/16 0:43Profile
Talkn2u

Re:

Quote:

awakenwithin wrote:
But it is all for His Glory

Yes!

2007/5/16 0:49Profile
Talkn2u

Re:

Quote:

JoeA wrote:
[b]To see thy power and thy glory, so [as] I have seen thee in the sanctuary."

Yes!
And when His Glory is seen, no one can deny that He IS the One True and Living God !!!

2007/5/16 0:52Profile
Talkn2u

Re:

Quote:

dclovesjesus wrote:
I always love to read in the books of Acts about how people recognized that the apostles had been with Jesus.

yes ... Oh that those around us will be able to see it on our countenance when we have been in the presence of the Lord!!!

2007/5/16 0:57Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I see it the same way too...it is not that I am so wanting to see change in man, for man's sake...but change in the hearts of man, for the sake of the Glory of God !!!

To often it we make about us, when It is all about our King. someone told a few years ago.
don't be sad you sinned, because you sinned, but because you didn't give glory to God.

that's what makes us weep, we are not giving Him the He should get when we sin. When our Church's are sining when our nation is sinning.

in His love
charlene

2007/5/16 1:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy