SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved...Always Saved???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 Next Page )
PosterThread
JesusIsMyLrd

Iowa, USA

Re:

LoveHim,

(i know i said i'd leave this thread, but i've had some discussion with a wise person on SI here, and they encouraged me to stay on this thread. Sorry for the inconsistancy! :-) )

i say AMEN to what you said about the assurance of salvation!!! i KNOW i have the assurance of salvation, because Jesus signed my pardon, i've repented and am "abiding in Him" (John 15). He is my Lord.

Even though i beleive that one can walk away, they can KNOW where they are at with God. Praise the Lord for assurance of sins forgiven, and heaven to come!

1st John is full of the "that ye may know" sort of things... and i believe the Bible!

God said it... THAT SETTLES IT.

Praise the Lord.

In CHrist,
-nathan

2007/7/9 23:06Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Yes, Once Saved, Always Saved

Brethren
Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved. AMEN.

Brethren, it seems to me our election was from before the foundations of the earth, ROmans 9 says so. The word also says in the Revelation that Christ was the lamb slain from this time. In John 6 we see that to come to Christ is only if the Father draws us to Christ.

If indeed our Election to Salvation being wholly dependant on the God of Grace (and it is) and is secured from before the setting of the foundations of the earth, how can we lose Salvation if God has secured it? or do we think the Arm of God too short for this work?

Backsliding doesn't cause forfeiture of one's Salvation but it does give opporunity for God to show His Grace and Mercy to those He has Saved by drawing us nearer to Him. Who among us has never backslided?

Grace and Peace be ours in Jesus Name. AMEN.

2007/7/9 23:43Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Praise God you stayed after getting good counsel.

We will work it out and all will come to a greater knowledge of the Christ that is in us.

Rom 15:6 That ye may with one mind [and] one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Cr 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

Phl 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Phl 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, [being] of one accord, of one mind.

1Pe 3:8 Finally, [be ye] all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, [be] pitiful, [be] courteous:

His working: Colossians 1:26-29 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

1Cr 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and [that] there be no divisions among you; but [that] ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

How do we get it? The mind of Christ that is in us by the Holy Spirit Teacher.

Phl 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Phl 3:16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

That is Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/7/9 23:53Profile

Re: Praise GOD.

Phl 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, [being] of one accord, of one mind.

2Cr 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

2007/7/10 0:05

Re:

Forrest, I just thought of something else too. Hebrews said, thou He were a Son, yet He learned obedience through the things He suffered, to be a faithful high Priest to us as we go through our suffering.

I cannot find any scripture that says we are to die to self in the way many present this. Let me try to explain before some come unglued here. We can't in our own power die to self. When I first became a Christian, still a baby, with a mind not completely renewed...as that is a life long process. I heard this taught as well as we were to die to our emotions. Well, I was doing my very best to do that to the best of my ability, and ended up a total and complete mess. I shut down completely, never expressing my self, much like a Monk with this self abasement of self. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. It's a dangerous doctrine, and probably has brought more suicide’s than we know. We can't kill ourselves, and we don't within in ourselves even know what self is. It's the Holiness of God that reveals our self to our self, much like Job, who was righteous and just before God. He went through suffering, and listen to what he says at the end of Job, "NOW that I have seen you, I abhor myself" He wasn't saying that at first was he? It's God who reveals to us what is unholy and unrighteous, anything else is legalistic and self righteous.

If we through the SPIRIT mortify the deeds of the flesh. This is totally the work of the Lord to reveal, convict, purge, cleanse, renew. We have no Idea what He is conforming us to...as 1st John says...we don’t know what we will be, but we know we will be like Him. That’s not talking about our glorified body to come only, but our whole, body, soul and spirit.

With Love in Christ
Katy-did

2007/7/10 12:03

Re:

Quote:

Katy-did wrote:
Forrest, I just thought of something else too. Hebrews said, thou He were a Son, yet He learned obedience through the things He suffered, to be a faithful high Priest to us as we go through our suffering.

I cannot find any scripture that says we are to die to self in the way many present this. Let me try to explain before some come unglued here. We can't in our own power die to self. When I first became a Christian, still a baby, with a mind not completely renewed...as that is a life long process. I heard this taught as well as we were to die to our emotions. Well, I was doing my very best to do that to the best of my ability, and ended up a total and complete mess. I shut down completely, never expressing my self, much like a Monk with this self abasement of self. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. It's a dangerous doctrine, and probably has brought more suicide’s than we know. We can't kill ourselves, and we don't within in ourselves even know what self is. It's the Holiness of God that reveals our self to our self, much like Job, who was righteous and just before God. He went through suffering, and listen to what he says at the end of Job, "NOW that I have seen you, I abhor myself" He wasn't saying that at first was he? It's God who reveals to us what is unholy and unrighteous, anything else is legalistic and self righteous.

If we through the SPIRIT mortify the deeds of the flesh. This is totally the work of the Lord to reveal, convict, purge, cleanse, renew. We have no Idea what He is conforming us to...as 1st John says...we don’t know what we will be, but we know we will be like Him. That’s not talking about our glorified body to come only, but our whole, body, soul and spirit.

With Love in Christ
Katy-did

It is quite obvious you love your "self" more than you love the Lord because loving Him is the way to overcome YOUR OLD SINFUL NATURE that SCREAMS!! to have its own way. Your posts evidence that..

Sorry Forrest..I hope didn't offend.

Take my yoke Jesus said. Have you taken it? Apparently not. If you loved Him, you would.

2007/7/10 12:14
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
It is quite obvious you love your "self" more than you love the Lord because loving Him is the way to overcome YOUR OLD SINFUL NATURE that SCREAMS!! to have its own way. Your posts evidence that..

Sorry Forrest..I hope didn't offend.

Take my yoke Jesus said. Have you taken it? Apparently not. If you loved Him, you would.

dear ormly,

it's funny, you criticize katy by saying her posts reveal her to be in the flesh and according to the old nature. what do your posts reveal?? anybody reading the last 30 pages will show that your posts reveal you to be sitting on high casting judgement on me and katy. you act as if you have all knowledge in the world and everyone else who doesn't believe your way is ignorant, darkened in their understanding, and not saved. yet you don't say the same things to christinyou or ironman who believe that a believer is eternally secure. why is that?? do you just want to pick on people you don't like or something?? i'm just asking.

i've tried to be nice to you, ask questions and answer your questions, but you only like to be mean-spirited and put us down for believing what we believe. if you were really concerned for us and what we believe, then why don't you take that time to show us what you believe in love??? yet you constantly call us ignorant. you call me darkened in my understanding all the time. you ask katy if she's even saved, if she even knows Jesus. that's crazy man. i would never tell someone who believes that one can lose their salvation that they don't know Jesus. come on ormly.

you talk about katy's old man, but you've shown nothing except pride and arrogance. so what if you have knowledge, without love it's worthless. their not gonna know that we're Christ disciples by our knowledge, but by our love. do you see that?? i pray you do. but then again, you don't want my "false blessing" anyway right??

"and though i have the gift of prophecy, and can understand all mysteries and all knowledge... but have not love, i am nothing"

2007/7/10 12:51Profile

Re:

Doesn't paul say, in my flesh(self) dwells no good thing..thse who are in the flesh cannot please God. Yet many think this SELF flesh, can sanctify self. How can that be?

That is self. righteous. Paul said, NO LONGER I(self, flesh) BUT CHRIST. Christ in you, the HOPE of Glory, who Changes us from Glory to Glory even by the Spirit of the Lord.

In Christ
Katy-did

2007/7/10 12:58

Re:

Quote:

LoveHim wrote:
dear ormly,

it's funny, you criticize katy by saying her posts reveal her to be in the flesh and according to the old nature. what do your posts reveal??

Knowledge of the message of the Gospel as intended by Christ to be revealed to those who are seeking The Lord to Love Him with their whole being..

Quote:
anybody reading the last 30 pages will show that your posts reveal you to be sitting on high casting judgement on me and katy.

Anybody?? That's not true. You seem to make a habit of accusing when you can't be persuaded against your religious bent.

Quote:
you act as if you have all knowledge in the world and everyone else who doesn't believe your way is ignorant, darkened in their understanding, and not saved.

Another untruth. Some folk are and ask good questions. You ask silly ones ignoring those already presented you because of your ignorance that, I believe, is willful. You need to repent. Ask God to open up the scriptures to you instead the commentaries you accept as the gospel.

Quote:
yet you don't say the same things to christinyou or ironman who believe that a believer is eternally secure. why is that?? do you just want to pick on people you don't like or something?? i'm just asking.

No, you aren't just asking. And I hate picking on anybody to do that. You are looking for reasons to keep your beliefs intact. Bringing me down aids in that. The ones you mentioned have never obfuscated the questions asked them. You have in almost every instance. Why is that? [not that I expect an answer]

Quote:
i've tried to be nice to you, ask questions and answer your questions, but you only like to be mean-spirited and put us down for believing what we believe. if you were really concerned for us and what we believe, then why don't you take that time to show us what you believe in love???

I have. You have ignored/obfuscated that also simply because you don't agree yet you can't really disagree with what I have been presenting and that is why you just keep asking rabbit chasing questions hoping you will recognize something you will be comfortable with in calling it error. Pity, that.

Quote:
yet you constantly call us ignorant.

I have been tryin to help you in that department ----;-)

Quote:
you call me darkened in my understanding all the time.

Dark is dark. "If the light in you is dark, how great is the darkness"? Jesus said that. You have to examine yourself.

Quote:
you ask katy if she's even saved, if she even knows Jesus. that's crazy man.

Have I really ever asked her those questions?

Quote:
i would never tell someone who believes that one can lose their salvation that they don't know Jesus. come on ormly.

I don't believe ever said such a thing either. You said you read all my posts, perhaps you can recall where I posted such a remarks?

Quote:
you talk about katy's old man, but you've shown nothing except pride and arrogance. so what if you have knowledge, without love it's worthless. their not gonna know that we're Christ disciples by our knowledge, but by our love. do you see that??

I see more than you believe I do.... but you call it pride. How come?

Perhaps it is pride --- in you?

2007/7/10 13:27

Re:

Quote:

Katy-did wrote:
Doesn't paul say, in my flesh(self) dwells no good thing..thse who are in the flesh cannot please God. Yet many think this SELF flesh, can sanctify self. How can that be?

That is self. righteous. Paul said, NO LONGER I(self, flesh) BUT CHRIST. Christ in you, the HOPE of Glory, who Changes us from Glory to Glory even by the Spirit of the Lord.

In Christ
Katy-did

Put those ripped out pages back in your Bible, Katy.

2007/7/10 13:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy