SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Practicing What They Preach

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BenBrockway

Practicing What They Preach

[b]Practicing What They Preach[/b]

Last week, FRC hosted its fourth annual "Watchmen on the Wall" Pastors Briefing at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Washington, D.C. Those who attended reported--unanimously--that it was the best event ever. More than 450 pastors from 40 states, including six from Hawaii, pledged to "pray, preach, and to participate" in the awakening of our nation as never before. As the country fights to preserve its faith-based identity, we were encouraged to see that FRC's partnership with churches is part of a powerful pastor-led revival in communities across America. Sen. Sam Brownback (R-KS), Rep. Randy Forbes (R-VA), Rep. Roy Blunt (R-MO), historian David Barton, Dr. Ergun Caner, Pastor Jack Hibbs, Dr. Richard Land, Bishop Harry Jackson, Rev. H. B. London, Dr. Herb Lusk, Dr. Alec Rowlands, Pastor Larry Stockstill and others, including FRC's own experts, addressed the group with the charge to "sound the alarm" for cultural renewal through prayer, education and action.

I just received this from FRC in Washington. Let's pray this continues and that it will catch like wildfire all across America.

2007/5/14 18:23Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Practicing What They Preach

Here is the link to the pastors portal:
http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?c=PASTORS

Quote:
Welcome to the Pastors Portal! Tony Perkins came to the Family Research Council as President with a vision for encouraging pastors to pray for revival in our land (2 Chronicles 7:14) and equipping ministers to lead their churches in becoming spiritual change agents for the transformation of our culture (Matthew 5:13-16). I believe God has called me to join in Tony's vision. Having been a pastor for nearly 20 years, I understand the battles you are in, the multiple-fronts you are fighting on, and I want to be an encouragement to you as you equip your people to become all that Jesus wants us to be as the salt of the earth and the light of the world.

FRC's mission is to defend faith, family, and freedom. Many of you are already with us in that fight. Like you, we understand that the battle to defend the faith, the value of human life, the biblical definition of marriage, our Judeo-Christian heritage, and a host of other important moral issues, is not just a political battle, it is a spiritual battle--and the prize is the America our children and their children will inherit. We appreciate the fact that you are the field-generals on the front-lines of that fight. So we want to stand alongside you on the cultural battlefield and provide you with an arsenal of biblically-based resources, up-to-date news reports, prayer targets, action steps, and encouragement as you lead out in the struggle for the soul of America.

Please let us know how we can be of help to you.

Serving with you under His banner,

Kenyn

2007/5/14 19:06Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy