SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : NO Church help!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Quote:
Well sis.Charlene, The good news is that if you are a born again Christian then you belong to the best Church there is;The church of God, which is composed of all the people that Know Christ as their savior.The bad news are that I have never been to Arizona so I cant tell you where to congregate. But be of good cheer, I am sure that The Lord will gide you to where he wants you to be.

you are right I am part of the best Church the body. But a Church is nice to go to. I am praying God will lead me. There is one, but I am not sure. I guess I didn't want to get hurt. But God showed me, I need to be willing to love them. And willing to love, means willing to be hurt. So I guess I need faith to know this where God wants me to go.

That's reminding God will act and help me

In His love
charlene

2007/6/15 22:08Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re:

Quote:

awakenwithin wrote:
Quote:
Well sis.Charlene, The good news is that if you are a born again Christian then you belong to the best Church there is;The church of God, which is composed of all the people that Know Christ as their savior.The bad news are that I have never been to Arizona so I cant tell you where to congregate. But be of good cheer, I am sure that The Lord will gide you to where he wants you to be.

you are right I am part of the best Church the body. But a Church is nice to go to. I am praying God will lead me. There is one, but I am not sure. I guess I didn't want to get hurt. But God showed me, I need to be willing to love them. And willing to love, means willing to be hurt. So I guess I need faith to know this where God wants me to go.

That's reminding God will act and help me

In His love
charlene

Yes, my sister, for 'His' perfect will in this and all matters, for then we know it cannot be wrong.

Forrest

2007/6/15 22:27Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Find a Place to Die

I think the problem is that people who are looking for a "perfect church" get caught in a treadmill, spinning their wheels, never fully coming to the realization that there are none. There's only degrees of whatever they are looking for - bad or good. And even if they happen to find a suitable church...well, just give it time. Eventually, something will come up that will ruffle their feathers the wrong way and they'll want to jump ship. Keep in mind that God uses such circumstances in life to grow and refine character.

I would strongly dissuade you from trying to form your own "house church". I think it's poor advice. Understand, I know God can bless such fellowships and enlarge them...but it would be wise to ardently seek Jesus on this. Most "house church" people I know are made up of disenfranchised Christians who got their pride stepped on by a pastor or deacon sometime in the past. Very rare is it where I find someone leaving a traditional church fellowship because the church is outright heretical. It's usually because they couldn't submit to authority and stay planted till God advanced them.

I'm probably going to suffer a backlash of rebukes from the "house church" Christians on SI, but the truth must be told. Many "house churches" you see today, were, in fact, born in a spirit of wounded pride, a split of factions initiated by Satan to divide and estrange the brethren. Again, I realize this isn't the same for [i]all[/i] situations, but I am convinced that almost every decent-sized city in America already has an established fellowship (though none of them are perfect) whereby God can and will (and desires to) use the very contentions you have for the purposes of personal growth and maturity.

The Holy Spirit can often show you more about yourself and grow you in godly wisdom in more ways through an imperfect church than He can anywhere else on earth. I humbly propose that a person can not healthily grow in God as they ought if they are constantly bent on finding the perfect, utopian church fellowship of George Muellers and Wigglesworths and Pastor Spurgeons. How can a tree grow to a mighty oak if it keeps getting uprooted? Find a place for the Lord to plant you...and then die to grow. And stay where you're planted. Weather the storms in whatever fellowship He has placed you in - no matter how frustrated you get - and learn to pray through the growth pains. It really hurts...but this sort pain is good for you! Just make sure that the place you are in is the place God has put you. God does not usually uproot a person over and over again. You'll have the witness to your Spirit when you're in the right place...and the witness to [i]stay there[/i] will be the strongest when your flesh and pride are screaming the loudest to leave.

Then it's just a matter of obedience. And I don't have to tell you how God blesses the obedient.

Brother Paul

2007/6/15 22:36Profile
SDE

Arizona

Re:

Hi Charlene,

If it's any consolation to you at all, I went through the same thing that you are going through right now. I was just about ready to give up when I found the church I am now attending. Truth be told, I think the Lord used my search to humble me. Since I had to look so hard to find it, I have a greater appreciation for my church.

I do not know of any churches in Tucson to suggest, but if you lived further north, I would invite you to my church in Mesa. If you ever do make it up here please let me know, I would be happy to invite you to my church for a visit if you would like.

Hang in there!

Sandra

2007/6/16 1:53Profile

Re:

Quote:
Paulwest said:I'm probably going to suffer a backlash of rebukes from the "house church" Christians on SI, but the truth must be told. Many "house churches" you see today, were, in fact, born in a spirit of wounded pride

Your probably right.

However, If you don't have any of these issues, a home church is still more attractive to go to than going to these denominations where there are "Big Me's and Little You's" type mentality.

2007/6/16 7:45
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
If you don't have any of these issues, a home church is still more attractive to go to than going to these denominations where there are "Big Me's and Little You's" type mentality.

True, but I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. When you say "Big Me's and Little You's" who, exactly, are you referring to? The gap between a pastor and layperson? Who is "big" and who is "little"?

I think there [i]should[/i] be differences in certain aspects. Novices, for instance, should not be ushered straightway into elevated teaching positions, and Paul was careful to warn Timothy of it. Why? The danger of inflated pride! Which brings us back full circle to why many "house churches" have come into existence. A "Little You" was said something by a "Big You" that they didn't like. But a person can be a "Big You" without flaunting it, or bringing attention to it, or gloating over the position. I would consider Zac Poonen a "Big You" in his church in Bangalore, India, wouldn't you? But from all the accounts I have heard, Brother Poonen is a very humble man. God makes and elevates men to these positions of "double honor" and we should not despise those in spiritual authority over us. If you were to join Zac's church, there would be elders that supercede you. This is how it is, and such is rightly ordained in God's eyes. Scripture teaches and supports it.

Brother Paul

2007/6/17 9:14Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Quote:
I think the problem is that people who are looking for a "perfect church" get caught in a treadmill, spinning their wheels, never fully coming to the realization that there are none

Brother, I agree with you. I have prayed lots over this. I know that the Church is made of people, who will sin. No there is no perfect Church. But there are those that preach truth and others that don't. I am not looking for a perfect Church , I don't Have been. I have praying seeking God to go were he has called me.
You are right, if I pick a apart everything I will never find what I am looking for.

Now as for the Church I was going to, I didn't just jump ship because it got bad. Far from that. for a year I disagred, But I stayed and loved them. I didn't feel right to leave because I disagree with the pastor on some thing. I thought I would pray and pray. and I did, I gave hours and hours pouring my heart into that Church.
Quote:
Keep in mind that God uses such circumstances in life to grow and refine character.

I agree in that Church I went under much growth, but also I wasn't being fed. I didn't to leave, but the leaders wanted to get rid of me. It broke my heart. I even willing to go and work in out, and stay when older women said you need leave.

Now as house Church I agree in some areas. But I do think there are those who truly are seeking God, But 85% I agree with you. I think this is still something I am praying about. Although I do someone both sides.

Quote:
a place for the Lord to plant you...and then die to grow. And stay where you're planted. Weather the storms in whatever fellowship He has placed you in - no matter how frustrated you get - and learn to pray through the growth pains.

This why I stoped loooking and started praying.
I can't agree with more on the importance of Church body. I understand how I to die to the Church, and be willing to hurt. To yeild to leaders. Truthfuly I am afraid, But this were I am to trust in God.
Quote:
Then it's just a matter of obedience

THen please pray I will obey God's voice and go were he tells me to go.
Please I will trust and give myself again the body the Church.
Thank you brother
In His love
charlene

2007/6/19 2:04Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Quote:
greater appreciation for my church.

I do pray that God will keep enlarging my heart to have a great appercation, for whatever Church he sends me too.

in his love
charlene

2007/6/19 2:06Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy