SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : NO Church help!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

NO Church help!

I live in Tucson AZ, I can't find a Church.
Does anyone know of one?
Every Sunday we go to a new one, and are sad every time.

I really don't feel like going today, may God's grace help me find a Church

In His Love
charlene

2007/5/13 12:37Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: NO Church help!

PLease pray I will find a Church
thanks
in HIs love
charlene

2007/5/13 12:38Profile
dohzman

Re:

what exatly are you looking for?

2007/5/13 14:01Profile

I'm so sorry to hear you can't find a church.

I'm in the same boat.

2007/5/13 16:30
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Charlene,

I know that you are a prayer warrior. If you cannot find a church to suit you, you may want to start a home church or bible study, finding a few Godly men and women that will teach, discuss, pray and worship. Who knows, it might grow into something larger.

I know you want the comfort of an established church, with a strong Pastor on whom to lean a little, and whom to learn from. But it's getting hard to find such churches, and that is why the home churches are exploding in number.

The idea is some shared responibility for the teaching, no real expense to run a church, since it is a gathering at home, a lot of study, discussion, prayer, praise, and intimacy. But it does take dedication, and that young man you are praying for that's coming down the pike in a few years might be willing to start a tiny church.

And so far as I know, most churches are started in someone's living room, then move to the garage until it explodes into a small building.

It takes months in a larger setting, even in a church where the Pastor is a good teacher and Pastor, to feel at home, particularly when most people take church as if it were an hour of medicine, to be taken once or twice weekly.

Just remember, you can have church with two or more people, anytime, anywhere. It's the gathering together that is necessary.

And yes, I will pray.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/5/13 18:14Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I know that you are a prayer warrior. If you cannot find a church to suit you, you may want to start a home church or bible study, finding a few Godly men and women that will teach, discuss, pray and worship. Who knows, it might grow into something larger.

I feel unworthy to be called a prayer warrior. Although my heart pounds wildly to pray and I hunger a great deal to pray with others. I find myself not praying as I should. This saddens my heart. I allow things of the world to take my prayer time away. I think God is makeing me to be a prayer warrior, but I still have alot of growing to do.

Whom will I have over? Is the question. You are right I could have a bible study, but it dosn't settle while in my heart. I can't lead men, men need to lead. maybe if there was a guy who lead. I think you can have a Church in your home, but there still things that make a Church and not one. I am still in much prayer over that. I do think that if there isn't a good Church then Men! You be to start one. But question is where are the Men? who will preach the Gosple? I am broken to pray for the Men to be raised up in America, here in tuson.

"The idea is some shared responibility for the teaching, no real expense to run a church, since it is a gathering at home, a lot of study, discussion, prayer, praise, and intimacy. But it does take dedication, and that young man you are praying for that's coming down the pike in a few years might be willing to start a tiny church.

Like this idea, I will kep praying about it

Thanks for your thoughts
In hi s love
charlene

2007/5/14 18:43Profile
dohzman

Re:

I'll ask again, and there's a reason for asking, what exactly are you looking for in a gathering of the Lord's saints which we call the church?

2007/5/14 20:40Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I am looking for a place that preaches the truth from the bible. One who doesn't leave things out, because he fear man , but God. Preaches the Gosple. A pastor that Loves God, and is a doer of he says.
1 under strong biblical teaching- water out,
and leaderdship, for guidness and wisdom.
theology would be the same-
with the scriptures- inspiration of God, it's all true, who God is- Holy, mighty, ruler of all- that we are to be in awe of Him. That He gets all the glory and praise, We are made for Him.
The trinity, Providence- how He guids upholds directs and govern all things
the fall od man - how we disobey our wicked state
the mediator- jesus Christ the only way. No works
Repentance- not just when saved, but a way of life. hateing sins. Longing to be holy as he is holy
Faith- saving faith justification, sancticfcation, persevernce of the sanits,
The Church - Jesus Christ is the Head, we are body.
2 fellowship- Honest, open, real, willing give up yeild rights, willing serve, true biblical love- I know this a life time thing, but working towards it.
3 studying and sharing together in God's word.
4 Confessing Sin to each other.
5God csenteredess, " Man's cheif and highest end is to glorify God and fully enjoy Him foever.
Although I am set on this, but I like it alot
exository bible preaching
6 Bibllical worship- worship in Spirit and truth, leading the family of God to glorify God and edify one another.
7shepherding
8 Congresgational gov
Elder led
deacon serbed
Discipline
Evangelism
Discipleship- equipping young men and young women
one -one
small groups
parent led Childern ministry- teaching partent to train their Childern
Biblical courtship- not dating
and world mission
and a house of prayer
people who come and pray
" I dreeam of worship serivces in which everyone is radically deeply joyfully authentically engagaed with God in prayer" John Piper
A church that wants to seek God, and willing obey
A Church that want to pray and wants to be holy
A Church that wants to love, and willing to give up everything for Christ
I know there is no perfect Church, nor has made it, but one that is seeking these things.
In his love
charlene

2007/5/14 21:14Profile
swsojourner

Re:

I sympathize with you, Charlene. I got very discouraged looking for a church in Tucson.

I went to all the Vineyards and Grace Chapel's and so on and so forth. And I was just more worn out than when I started ! Calvary Chapel on the Southside was where I ended up going, because it was close to my camp out in the desert. I took a friend there and all he said was "He's a good preacher but he thinks he's a comedian" hehehe.. anyways, I was pleasantly suprised by Calvary Chapel.

There is a church affiliated with Sovereign Grace Ministries (formerly PDI ) in Tucson. That is a Reformed-Charismatic denomination.

Their website is:

http://www.tucsonsovgrace.org/

I hope this helps, I haven't attended this church personally, but I've only heard good about Sovereign Grace Ministries.

God bless you

Blessed are those who strength is in you; in whose heart are the highways to Zion. As they go through the valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs, the early rain also covers it with pools.
(Psalms 84)

2007/5/14 22:46Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I was going to go to this Church this last Sunday, but I tride another one. Thank you.
In His LOve
charlene

2007/5/14 23:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy