Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Getting out of the wordly church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Getting out of the wordly church

due to certain things going on, and considering them now prayerfully, Ive asked some "trusted" brethren. So now i ask the "wisdom" at the body of SI.
I have for a long time been thinking of leaving the church I'm now attending, the problem is ALL the churches are all in the same "spirit", all doing the same thing, i do now attend a "local" group that is a part of a bigger church, but to be honest i almost feel ashamed to mention that I'm a part of the lager church. When thinking of what is going on there.

I will still attend the local group for prayer and fellowship. But my question is , where should we draw the line at staying at the church?

when do we leave?

some things are quite obvious that they are "wrong" but others are more hard to spot, scripture is clear... Ive found some that will be the basis of my decision,

but how much should we "accept" and for how long?

1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

1Ti 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;

Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Mat 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Tit 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called Today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him Godspeed:

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
Rom 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

2Th 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

Christian

2007/5/13 8:47Profile
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re: Getting out of the wordly church

This is a very good question that I have been wondering and praying about also.

2007/5/13 8:58Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

You may be the example they need to see. There may be some that are watching your life and being convicted of their own ways. I have mentioned several times about my situation. I was led to return to school (Christian University). When I got there I was scared by the sickness and corruption. I asked God why I was there. I was so confused…I was very disappointed and questioned Him. And just like Paris Reidhead I realized…it’s for Him…not me.

God has opened so many doors and opportunities to share and witness I cannot begin to count. This school is my mission field. I long to be with others that are sold out to God…to be with the remnant that longs for holiness…but for right now I’m where he wants me.

It took me a few months to realize why I was really there. I had to get ME out of the equation.

This may not be your situation at all, but I thought I would share.

I will pray for your situation…that you find His will for you.

2007/5/13 9:49Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

I HAVE OF THE SAME EMOTIONS.
I have failed at a lot of places and became confused and disorientated and left and wound up in a more difficult environment and supervised by a more difficult person but I finally saw the need of others and the good the one that supervised me was doing.
We all need to not just give eye service to those that have any type of rule over us but walk in the assurance that in every thing we do and everything that we say is in service of the kingdom of God. The Kingdom ( House, Body, Church,) that was not constructed to glorify us but The One we serve. I have been at the same place now for about a year and with out trying to do anything but to love and serve.
I find now in the year I have spent serving I have learned patience and not to become angry or upset due to the love I have developed for each and every one there.

Eddie

2007/5/13 11:06Profile
lightwalker

Missouri

I understand what you mean. I left the visible church a few years ago. I still have fellowship with christians, but we all have to be led by the holy spirit. I was in a church that said they preached the word of God and yet did not know Him at all. I agonized and prayed for years about the evil that was accepted and the Lord told me to feed his sheep. So I stayed for years more, though it was hard to feed anyone as women were not really allowed to speak in this church. I believe that someday God will call all true believers out of the visible church, but that He has many children there now who need to learn who he is. Maybe He is calling you to leave, and maybe He is calling you to suffer for them. 1 Peter 2:21 " for even hereunto are you called: because Christ also suffered for us leaving us an example, that ye should follow His steps."
The gospel being taught today has no power to purify, and without holiness no man shall see the Lord. Many people feel as you do and I know that is a comfort. I believe that God is opening the eyes of His true children, and they are shouting from the housetops and only those with ears to hear listen. Be led by Him and do as he tells you, He is faithful and the invisble church is growing by leaps and bounds. You are a member wherever you are in a church or out of it...It was just a year ago that God sent me one of His hidden ones for fellowship, I had felt so alone. I prayed for a fellow believer for years, someone on fire for the Lord, someone who saw the truth and loved God and after many years He heard me and sent me sweet fellowship. The time in between was a growing and a learning to trust and lean only on the Lord. It was a very great mercy to suffer, for it taught me so much.. That consuming fire that purifies is at first painful but ends in joy unspeakable and full of glory. May our Lord lead and guide you, in Christ I ask it, Amen [so be it]

2007/5/13 11:19Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

I forgot to mention that the place that I am at now is our local senior center.

Eddie

2007/5/13 11:39Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: Coming out of Babylon

Here are a few Scriptures.

"And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird" (Rev. 18.2).

"And I heard another voice from heaven saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues" (Rev. 18.4).

"Go ye forth of Babylon, flee ye from the Chaldeans, with a voice of singing declare ye, tell this, utter it even to the end of the earth; say ye, The LORD hath redeemed his servant Jacob. And they thirsted not when He led them through the deserts: He caused the waters to flow out of the rock for them: He clave the rock also, and the waters gushed out" (Isa. 48.21).

"My sheep hear My Voice, and I know them, and they follow Me" (Jn. 10.27).

So there is no "formula" for coming out of this religious confusion and uncleanness that the Church (generally speaking) has descended into in our day.

The only way out is to hear-- to recognize-- the Voice of the Shepherd, and follow. Maybe we will not know just where we are going (like Abraham of old), but the only way out is to trust His leading, and follow Him.

Sometimes it may mean walking alone for a season. Or finding yourself in fellowship with a few others not in a structured thing, but in "a tent." As Abraham did when he found it necessary to leave Chaldea: "...Dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs together with him of the same promise: for he looked for a City which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God" (Heb. 11.10).

I noticed some thing I hadn't seen before as I typed the Scripture from Rev. 18.4 (above). He says, "Come out of her my people, that ye be not a) partakers of her sins, and b) that ye receive not of her plagues." So I heard an alarm here. We grieve over the sins that are becoming so acceptable in the Church (yes, you have to call this uncleanness what it is: SIN). But further, God is going to send forth His plagues and judgments to deal with it all. We need to take this seriously. This is serious, sobering, frightening. Judgment is to begin in the House of God. And He calls us out that we "receive not of her plagues."

One more thought. Many have come out of Babylon only to set up their own little Babylon: there is plenty of that around these days. So be watchful. Be careful what you get involved in.

AD

2007/5/13 12:10Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

lightwalker wrote:
It was just a year ago that God sent me one of His hidden ones for fellowship, I had felt so alone. I prayed for a fellow believer for years, someone on fire for the Lord, someone who saw the truth and loved God and after many years He heard me and sent me sweet fellowship.

Amen. I appreciated your whole post. Just as if you were "reading my own mailbox," as they say. Thank you.

God has His "hidden ones" (Ps. 83.3).

AD

2007/5/13 12:20Profile
lightwalker

Missouri

Re:

Deut23:18 "Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these [are] abomination unto the LORD thy God."

Amo 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

I agree with you on Rev 18:4. For the church is becoming a great whore. Taking payment for impurity, she rides a beast and loves the wages of unrighteousness. The beast nature is the nature of the life without Christ. Sin. Any excuse we give for sin is a lie against Christ who died to set us free from the chains of it. We are being called out of sin and into the true church of Christ. Living sacrifices,hating sin and dying to sin, exorting one another to purity.. Rom 12:1 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service." When those who call themselves the church will not endure "sound doctrine" When obedience to Christ is called evil and works it is time to take another look. When Jesus told us to go therefore to teach all nations His main point was to teach them to OBEY EVERYTHING He had commanded us and then He said He would be with us, He told us that if we loved Him we would obey Him.
Jn 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Jhn 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Jhn 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Jhn 14:25 ¶ These things have I spoken unto you, being [yet] present with you.

Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Matt28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.
All this to say that if we are being taught another gospel than one where Jesus is Lord, where sin is accepted and taught as doctrines, where we do not have to DO what He said, maybe it is time to flee.. maybe we are in danger of sharing the sin of those who hate His salvation.
I hope I have not turned this reply into a rant,sometimes I burn with the need to make people SEE...

2007/5/13 15:03Profile
rlh

oklahoma

Re:

"I long to be with others that are sold out to God…to be with the remnant that longs for holiness…but for right now I’m where he wants me.

It took me a few months to realize why I was really there. I had to get ME out of the equation."
-------------
tjservant thank you for your post. Be assured that God through you has sent a message to my own heart.
in Him
Rick

2007/5/14 2:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy