Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Five Sins That Jesus Hated the Most

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
one

usa

Re:

i agree corrprate prayer is a foundation of the church. there is nothing wrong with praying with others present. in mt.6:5 it says "...that they maybe seen of men." it's not where you pray it's why. mt 6:1 says " take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them..." yet just one chapter prior it says "let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." so it's not what you do but why. motive is what Jesus is getting at.Jesus prayed both in private and in public. it's interesting that when the diciples asked Him to teach them to pray Jesus taught them to say OUR father. i think there is too much "i" "me" "my" ect today. yes the secret closet is vital but what about the intimate fellowship of Jesus and His disciples and in the eary church in the book of acts? i hate stuffy dry meetings but i love the true saints crying out to God together. remember what Jesus said...."my fathers house shall be called a house of prayer!!!"
in the fellowship of the burning hearts
one

2004/4/7 17:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
yes the secret closet is vital but what about the intimate fellowship of Jesus and His disciples and in the eary church in the book of acts? i hate stuffy dry meetings but i love the true saints crying out to God together. remember what Jesus said...."my fathers house shall be called a house of prayer!!!"

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=3986]The Anointing Of God (video)[/url] by Jim Cymbala. I recommend this message highly, cymbala shows the need for ministers and followers of Christ to get back to the bible and realize the similicity and power of the New Testament Church. He shows clearly that the Church of our generation barely is the same as the original apostolic Church of the New Testament. He makes the emphasis that [b]prayer[/b] is the paramount practice and spiritual discipline that made the church what it was. The early Church was born in prayer and sustained in prayer.

2004/4/7 17:30Profile
one

usa

Re:

i listened to this and it was awesome! it convicted me deeply.
thank you
one

2004/4/8 0:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy