SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Established Thoughts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Thinking

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
Quote:
The point was that He saw me as a little child, and was amused by my attempt to comfort Him, since I have no idea what He feels, except when He tells me.

Quote:
So you can get un-sick. I didn't get a feeling of God's pain, but of His amusement at me thinking I could understand Him.

Thank you sis, just to clarify here, in what you wrote earlier I mentioned 'squirming' and of course related what followed. The difference was in knowing somewhat where you are in God's grand scheme of things, had a sense that there was a bit more to this. Don't think I will ever get over the other ... It was one of the last and finishing touches that began to dawn on me as I was being challenged to rethink all that I had been holding to in the WOF\Prosperity constructs. It did fit right into what a lot of it amounts to ... a re-crafting God and the Son, the Holy Spirit even more so into [i]their[/i] own image... Of course the sincerity I wouldn't touch, who knows, but the responsibility before the people, the notions forwarded, the sheer lack of concern and testing of experience against the measurement of scripture. The whole of it is so shot through with unchecked and unbridled emotionalism, untested notions and having been there, now looking back some years later, the anger has subsided on one level and just turned to grief...There is love for the Lord... It is the ministers that have some real accounting and explaining to do. But thank you sister, I am relieved indeed.

You are quite welcome.

The ideas as you presented of the Benny Hinn thing are so typical of his ministry...emotionalism for the sake of emotionalism, as if 'feeling' an idea of God was faith, healing faith.

I know Hinn has power...I have seen him knock down people from a distance, fifty, a hundred at a time that were not expecting it. I even watched the tape over and over, it was so real. The people knocked out of their chairs backwards were startled, scared and surprised.

I know Hinn thinks he believes in Jesus, yet he is one of those that seem to change his mind depending on who is speaking, so that one doesn't know what he really believes. But I fear that he is one of those to whom Jesus says, "I never knew you." His brother, a pastor elsewhere in the US seems to think Benny is pushing it a lot. I only know that the burden of Hinn's teaching is on his soul, and I tremble for him.

Yet that experience I had was weird, because God did expect me to do something. And I am used to being told what to do, not being presented with an expectation in which I am allowed to do something.

Yet we are in the end times, and things are getting strange. And in the actual beginning of Christianity in Abraham (righteousness through faith), there was a portrait of an interactive relationship with the Father that is more than we have now, even with Jesus, which seems totally out of kilter with the norm. I myself do not know what to think of what happened, except that I got the impression I handled it properly by calling for Jesus. For all I know, it might have been some test, to see what I would do in that sense of expectation, when I have nothing in myself to do anything with.

You know that I have unlimited time to spend with God, and to do what He told me, which was to "Write!" He didn't tell me where, but when I write about Godstuff, the Holy Spirit does sometimes take over my fingers, and things are written so easily that I, in my disability, know that the ease with which I write Godstuff is not of me, and is very different than what I can do in my own strength.

It was very fortunate that you wanted clarification, for the Holy Spirit seemed to want me to use part of what I had written in the first post, and I rewrote the piece, focusing on the difference of how God runs things, and how we would like Him to run things, and that they aren't the same.

Perhaps the Holy Spirit wanted me to realize very clearly that I was not 'understanding' God, so that I could explain something quite different to the readers on my site. And also, there is a distinct lesson in that when I am speaking of intimate contacts with God, I need to be very careful to present the entire sequence of events, lest I be mis-understood, and lead anyone astray, much less make them squirm. And frankly, it is only on SI, and with a few friends that I can even discuss this kind of thing because, although these incidents do happen, and to all of us, it is still difficult for us poor humans to accept, or understand, much less discuss.

One delight I have in the whole episode is the fact of complete belonging-ness. I felt like I was in a huge house, and I had to go seek out Jesus. The impression was of a big, big house, and me sort of running to the doorway of Abba's room, and yelling for Jesus, knowing He would hear me, even though the house was immmense.

Another delight is the fact that I can remember every detail of the minute or two of interaction. I don't think there are anymore details that I've left out, and although strange, the incident wasn't scary in the least. It just was.

I don't entirely understand the experience of expectation to do something for God without orders, even now. Fortunately, Jesus is always the perfect solution, particularly when I am a totally out of my depth, which I was. I was flummoxed at what to do, neither enjoying what was going on, nor bothered by it, but simply feeling at home in the interaction at the same time.

The refocus of the original post is on my site today, titled 'Is God Cruel?', if you have time to look at it. The Holy Spirit did a really good job of the re-write, as usual, considering He has to filter it through me.

Sadly, I think that the many people who do not know that this world is God's, and we are God's 'stuff', to do with as He pleases, only see the unfairness of it all. But fairness is a human concept. And we are talking about God.

Glad the nausea's gone!

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/5/13 17:53Profile
pastorfrin

Re:I Wonder!

Hi All,
I Wonder!

I wonder how Jesus actually communed with the Father.

John 12:49-50
"For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. [50] And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak."

Did Jesus have a line of communication with the Father that was far superior to what we have and if He did, why?

Is it possible that Jesus simply committed his works unto the Father and ‘He’ the Father established his thoughts thus doing the will of the Father?

Proverbs 16:3
Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.

Is this how we are to communicate with the Lord,
through simple committment?
Which must not be all that simple, or is it the voice that speaks from behind us?

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/5/14 20:41Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re:

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:
Hi All,
I Wonder!

I wonder how Jesus actually communed with the Father.

John 12:49-50
"For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. [50] And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak."

Did Jesus have a line of communication with the Father that was far superior to what we have and if He did, why?

Well, Jesus was God too, God's essence in that Human body. 100% Human and 100% Divine at one and the same time.

And I think in those long prayer vigils at night, Jesus communicated in a way we cannot even understand yet, except as perhaps a blending together of their seperate experience of Their Spirit.

Notice, I did not say 'spirits'.

I am amazed, frankly, at how much strength Jesus had to do what He had to do, and exactly how He knew to answer what...Divine Coaching!

Quote:
Is it possible that Jesus simply committed his works unto the Father and ‘He’ the Father established his thoughts thus doing the will of the Father?

Proverbs 16:3
Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.

Is this how we are to communicate with the Lord,
through simple committment?

Which must not be all that simple, or is it the voice that speaks from behind us?

In His Love
pastorfrin

We don't get that kind of communication yet, and frankly, from the little I have sensed, I can't bear it in this human body. Now, in a glorified one, it will be a lot different. And I'm really looking forward to it.

As to us, all we can do is turn everything over to God, our thoughts, our bodies, our actions, and let Him use us.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/5/15 23:22Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Forrest wrote:

Quote:
We don't get that kind of communication yet, and frankly, from the little I have sensed, I can't bear it in this human body. Now, in a glorified one, it will be a lot different. And I'm really looking forward to it.

Then why did Jesus make this statement?
John 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

I beleive He expects us to do what He says and not just make an excuse why we can't. He would not have said this if He did not mean it. He does not say might do but He says ' shall he do'
sounds like He means it.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/5/16 17:32Profile

Re:

Quote:

Compliments wrote:
Quote:
Why do you think the voice comes from behind?

My opinion on this means that by turning around your stopping from walking your own way and turning around in repentance upon hearing the voice of God.

Yes, that makse sense in the original context - when we are tempted to turn aside from the right Way the Spirit corrects us.

Jeannette

2007/5/16 17:52

Re: Thinking

Quote:
UniqueWebRev wrote:

The point was that He saw me as a little child, and was amused by my attempt to comfort Him, since I have no idea what He feels, except when He tells me.

Forrest, I'm so glad that you did clarify what was a very personal experience.

At first I did wonder, because of the way you described this experience. Yet it came over as a really precious thing, no sense of a wrong "feel" to what you wrote.

But, I wondered, was I biased in your favour because you usually write such good stuff? Were you maybe verging - in all innocence - onto some forbidden mystical "thin ice"?

So I believe we are all reassured that this wasn't so!

The Lord made us in His image, so I think it's OK to attribute the best of human feelings to Him. As long as we remember that His are infinitely greater than the best we know.

And a loving human father is blessed, as well as amused, by his child's attempt to comfort him - even when the child understands nothing, and is totally unable to do anything about the cause of the father's sorrow.

Its a matter of relationship, isn't it. A small child blesses its parents by saying "I love you", and by every childish gift. The most terrible scrawl of a drawing, given with love, is proudly pinned up on the wall or fridge; a sticky, half-chewed sweet, or a "wiggly worm" (I discovered and dropped this treasure into my mother's hand when about 2 - a budding Biologist from the beginning!!) is accepted with thanks, a first attempt to bake cookies is praised and sampled willingly (even if they taste awful!)

That has to be just a dim picture of our relationship with the Lord.

"...Unless you become as little children..."

That's a million miles away from the posturings of some tele-evangelists.

Thanks

Jeannette

2007/5/16 18:28
strawrifle

uk

Re: Established Thoughts

Hi wowee i was rather surprised about this thread,i nearly missed it..

My overiding thought of God,is its just not Love..Love would be to say ur going to go to a heaven without me,or you can come to a heaven with me..What kind of love is come to heaven or else? Its the same as me saying to a ex g/f if you leave me for another I'm going to slap you,where as real love would be to say i love you it breaks my heart ur leaving,but i wish you happiness because i love you

andy

2007/5/16 20:03Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Andy,

This is love:
Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

We are simply asked to believe it and then commit
our works unto Him and our thoughts will be established.

Have we?

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/5/17 4:47Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Simple words

Quote:
Hi All,
I Wonder!

Perhaps this belongs in the SI quotes section ...

Quote:

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Php 2:5-8

Far superior, but not exclusive or even elusive ... If we were but ... wiling? Certainly not speaking of 'equality' in the truest sense of meaning here, but indeed;

[i]Let this mind be in you[/i]

2007/5/17 9:53Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

by crsschk on 2007/5/17 9:53:09

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Php 2:5-8

Far superior, but not exclusive or even elusive ... If we were but ... wiling? Certainly not speaking of 'equality' in the truest sense of meaning here, but indeed;

Let this mind be in you "

HI Mike,

"If we were but ... wiling"

Having the mind of Christ would allow us to commit our works unto Him and then our thoughts would be established in Him.
Now, all we have to do is be willing to let this mind be in us!

Would that be committing our mind unto Him?

Communication must come from established thoughts. So where do the works come from; the servant?

Also, does greater commitment mean, “and greater works than these shall ye do; because I go unto my Father”?

What was that statement again, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also;”

Is believing in Him the committing of our works and thus the renewing of our minds
through established thoughts?

What about this for a thought?
Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

“That you may prove what is that good, and perfect, will of God.”
By works committed to the Lord (which must come from a renewed mind) gives us established thoughts and is it not the thought process that we struggle with.
Ya, established thoughts, good, acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Am I confused yet? :-o

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/5/17 18:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy