Discussion Forum : General Topics : Open Air Evangelism

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: open air book

Jimmy,

I sent the open air book to the email address you listed. I also did some searching on Ray's site today and was able to find the document there, the link is below.

For anyone interested in getting their feet wet in open air preaching this is a great tool to get started.

[url=http://www.livingwaters.com/downloads/goodtest.pdf]Open Air Book[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2004/4/6 19:36Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

I sent the open air book to the email address you listed. I also did some searching on Ray's site today and was able to find the document there, the link is below.

Thanks. I have a few things from Ray Comfort and have found his materials useful. Though, I'm trying to stay away from the "gimmicks" used to attract crowds. I think it is fine if people use them, but the more I've personally sought God about the matter, I've decided to not get too much into it. I'm simply going to rely on the gospel itself, and the gifts God has given me.

Personally speaking, my voice is rather loud as it is, not to mention where I preach at, sound carries very well. So, even if folks aren't gathering around me, the time it takes them to walk X feet, they will have heard the gospel for several minutes as it is. I'd imagine that if they stopped to play some sort of game of sorts, they'd probably only stick around for a few minutes as well before moving on.

But like I said... this is just my own personal conviction, if you do not share the same, you will still do well :)

2004/4/6 19:49Profile
prayer1warrior

Re: Open Air Evangelism

Praise the Lord ! ....
:-)

2004/4/9 11:29Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Unfortunately, it is very common for people to just walk on by.

Too bad.

Quote:

I think that open air evangelism is so rare these days that most people don't know what to make of it.

Well, I know in a Western Philosophy class I took a few years ago the teachers kinda made fun of people who preached on a soap box on the streets of Charlotte. Some philosophers and atheists though consider it their job to shut these preachers down, and I'm a bit shocked I've not seen any attempts to do so by any of the UNC Charlotte students.

Quote:

You just keep on doing what the Lord has told you to do, and keep in mind that HE grants the increase, and His word never returns to Him void.

Amen.

Quote:

I just thank God that you are doing it, if you develop the thick skin that is inherently necessary to do this type of preaching, I am certain that it will serve you well in your future endeavors for the Lord...it has been so for me. Praise the Lord ! dave....

I thank God I am doing it as well, as it has been on my heart for quite some time to do. While it may make me thick skinned, I hope my heart stays sensitive and compassionate towards the people who need it. I don't want to be afraid to identify sin, even if it is unpopular to call some things sin e.g. homosexuality and abortion. But at the same time, I want to get folks to understand the gospel as what it is... good news.

2004/4/9 12:08Profile
prayer1warrior

Re:

Amen

2004/4/9 15:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy