SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Do all Catholics go to Hell?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
When men like AW Tozer and Leonard Ravenhill predict that not even 2% of professing Protestant Christians in America are genuinely saved, should we really spend our time throwing stones at the Catholic Church?

Should any of us be spending time on this forum?

Since we're faced with Cathocism daily, there is nothing wrong with discussing it and learning about it.

Your question sounds spiritual, and I know you mean well, but yea... we should be talking about this.

And I throw stones at every false religion... but not until I throw them at myself first.

Krispy

2007/5/10 15:19
Jesuit_Agent

Re:

KrispyKrittr said

Quote:
A lot of folks on here probably think I bash Catholics. Not so... it might interest everyone to know that our next door neighbors are very very close friends of ours... and they are Catholic. Hard core mass 3 times a week Catholics.

I love Catholics... which is why I feel so strongly about this issue. If I didnt love Catholics I wouldnt give a rip.

Krispy

Veeeeeerrrryyyy gooooood Mr. Krittr. Now that we have this on record, one of our inquisition agents will contact you shortly.

He will ask, "Wonderful day.... are you a friend of Calvin's or Armin's?"

You will answer, "I speak Latin, not Greek."

I have not said this. I am not here.

2007/5/10 15:35Profile

Re:

Uhmmm... I dont normally recommend the Comedy Channel to people, but in your case I think you should probably watch it to help develop your skills...

Krispy

2007/5/10 16:04

Re:

Quote:
Uhmmm... I dont normally recommend the Comedy Channel to people, but in your case I think you should probably watch it to help develop your skills...

Well, I thought it was funny... hehe...

2007/5/10 16:06
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
God has an interesting track record of operating in the realm of illogic and humbling my intellect.

Amen Brother!

2007/5/10 16:16Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re:

Quote:

JaySaved wrote:
Quote:
Notice that is not really what I am saying either. There are those in the Catholic Church who have put their faith in Christ alone. They are "Catholic" by name alone.

My point tho is they can not believe and trust in Catholic doctrine and be saved at the same time. They are not compatible.

Well said Krispy. We agree on this issue. Now, if I could just convince you to become Reformed and read the ESV. 8-)

Site, please, Jay, or how can we even take a look? And what is the ESV, and where do I find it?

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/5/10 16:26Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

The ESV is the English Standard Version of the Bible

http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/

It is also on biblegateway.com and crosswalk.com

I enjoy it.

2007/5/10 16:48Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

John 1:11-13 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Who are we to say what God has done with anybody.
Be they Catholic, Baptist, Pentecostal, or Jew.
In Christ Jesus, none of these or any other make a difference to God. "Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."

"Even to those that believe on His name."

Romans 9:22-24 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Or: "not to the Catholic only, but also the Baptists."

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither [is that] circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond [nor] free: but Christ [is] all, and in all.

Ro 9:23
And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Ro 9:24
Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Or: "not of the Catholic or Baptist, etc."
;my own addition: but all He hath called.

Those that are called in Christ Jesus are Christians, what ever or who ever they may be when called. Matthew 16:15-17 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Catholic Christians? Yes, but they are no longer Catholic, even though they go to a Catholic Church. They are Christ Ones, Christians, "whom they were first called Christian in Antioch." Whom were Jew and Gentile.

In Christ: Phillip

I go to a Baptist Church, but I am not a Baptist, I am a Christ Person, with His last Name as all Brides have the last name of their Husband. Much more than just a Bride, but a son of God, and a member the only Begotten Son of His Body and His Bride the Church.

"Christ in you the Hope of Glory"

Question for all????? Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God, and He has saved you from death, hell and damnation, unto eternal life in Him?

2007/5/10 16:53Profile

Re:

I guess we can just chuck all of Paul's writings about being of sound doctrine... and all his warnings against false Christs and false doctrines and false teachers right out the window then.

God accepts everyone, regardless of what they believe! yahoo...

It would be great if that were true. However it is not. One who believes in Catholic teachings for their salvation is a lost soul. They will awaken in hell one day unless Christians warn them, and they heed the warning.

Jesus was not nearly as accepting as some think He was... after all, it was Him who said "no man comes to the Father except thru me..."

This would include trying to come to the Father thru the teachings and sacraments of the Catholic Church.

To say being a Catholic makes no difference tells me you really have no idea what the RCC teaches.

Krispy

2007/5/10 17:37
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Do all Catholics go to Hell?

Quote:

iansmith wrote:
My family has a deep heritage in the Catholic Church, including at least one Catholic Saint and many people devoted to the church and to Jesus....Now I know on this forum there is an anti-Catholic bias that is painful for me to even deal with... I chose to leave the Catholic Church because I knew that many of the teachings contradicted what the bible said... but I also know of many people who remain in the Catholic Church while maintaining a personal relationship with Jesus.

From another who has family ties to Catholism (Both grandmothers and my mother, married to Presbyterians) there is a culture issue here that many outside the Catholic Church don't see.

Yes, there is great danger to the souls of all those who follow the straight Catholic line. After all, the RCC changed the Ten commandments, allows worship of idols, and declared Mary to be equal to Jesus, and may have meant, equal to God when they proclaimed Mary the 'Queen of Heaven'.

Well, Mary, a good Jewish girl, would be appalled at the idea. The highest honor was hers, to be the physical human mother of the Messiah.

But when you are raised in a cult, even if you read the Bible (which is generally disouraged in the RCC), you have a lot of trouble breaking free. Yet, reading the Bible, and finding out the truth about Jesus, about all the rules of God that the RCC breaks routinely, from calling a brother Christian Father, to venerating and praying to designated saints do not take away the power of your family ties to that cult over you. And then, to place the Pope above Christ, and any Priest also, to forgive sins? That's blasphemy. But how do you undo a lifetime's teaching?

You can, however, stay in the RCC, and shine your light about Jesus, walking out the Fruits of the Spirit, and do a great service to the cult members, which are only a hair's breadth away from the truth. Yes, it's hard to be a born again, charismatic Christian, and stay in the RCC. I think it's dangerous to the soul, to lend credence to a cult, which, the RCC is, more's the pity.

My Mom left the church because she couldn't handle it. Then she lived in fear and guilt all her life, and copying the method's of the RCC, became a controlling, manipulative person, paranoid, narcissistic, all qualities that I have recongnized in the RCC proper, the Curia, for I have studied this religion that I have never followed.

I've been to Mass with friends at Christmas, I've taken communion there, and to me, Jesus was there. But Jesus is in me, so He was there. And my friends were Born Again Catholics, with one foot in each camp, unable to break the occasional habit of going at Midnight Mass, because it held wonderful memories for them.

I place the blame on those who inculcate the beliefs that keep Catholics imprisoned in their minds to a culture they can't break free from without disowning their family. The teachers of the RCC, such as the Jesuits, subtly discourage reading the Bible, and without the Holy SPirit, how can a Catholic even understand what the RCC says is wrong? And God will hold the teachers to blame more than the followers, who have been brainwashed from birth.

And though I know seperation from any cult is necessary for the safety of the soul, instead of even one condeming thought, let us pray that many will be set free before the RCC becomes the agent of the Anti-Christ in full, instead of in part as is now.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/5/10 17:48Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy