SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : TIME: Should Incest Be Legal?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 TIME: Should Incest Be Legal?

[b]TIME: Should Incest Be Legal?[/b]

When the Supreme Court struck down Texas's law against sodomy in the summer of 2003, in the landmark gay rights case of Lawrence v. Texas, critics warned that its sweeping support of a powerful doctrine of privacy could lead to challenges of state laws that forbade such things as gay marriage and bigamy. "State laws against bigamy, same-sex marriage, adult incest, prostitution, masturbation, adultery, fornication, bestiality, and obscenity are ... called into question by today's decision," wrote Justice Antonin Scalia, in a withering dissent he read aloud page by page from the bench.

It turns out the critics were right. Plaintiffs have made the decision the centerpiece of attempts to defeat state bans on the sale of sex toys in Alabama, polygamy in Utah and adoptions by gay couples in Florida. So far the challenges have been unsuccessful. But plaintiffs are still trying, even using Lawrence to ...

read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0%2C8599%2C1607322%2C00.html

2007/5/8 13:15Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: TIME: Should Incest Be Legal?

Wow! This is heartbreaking!

I know of a few groups that are campaigning on behalf of polygamy because of "equal rights" in regards to sexuality and religion. We really need to pray that a social liberal does not get elected in 2008. Otherwise, we will see a landslide of ungodly attitudes actions permitted in the name of "judicially legislated freedoms."

We have already witnessed the strength of the Supreme Court's decisions AGAINST abortion as a result of the two appointees by President Bush. For the first time in over thirty years, it is possible that an unbiased Court might overturn the abortion holocaust! However, a liberal appointee in 2008 or 2009 could create a liberal majority which would "legislate from the bench" (which was not the intention of the Constitution). Have you seen the wild decisions from the 9th Circuit? They regularly "legislate" from the bench through their own ultra-liberal political persuasions.

I am fervently praying for this nation today!

:-(

2007/5/8 14:05Profile

My goodness, this is so grievous to me i guess because in essence's it's in my own back yard if you will. It literally hits home where i live. My dad who is 74 years of age has been and still is seeing HIS first cousin on his side of the family and has been having relations with her for over 3 years now and see's nothing wrong with it.

He came to me those 3 years ago saying to me: Son? You know the Bible .. Is it wrong for me to be with my first cousin in the eyes of God and his Word? I said dad, yes it is. He said well, could you show me where in the Bible it says it's wrong? He goes on to say that somebody told him to look in the book of Leviticus, where i said, yes sir in the 18th chapter of that very same book.

I did my best to explain to him but knowing my dad, i knew his mind was made up and that nothing i showed him or proved to him would matter. However, i explained to him the word "Kin" in that chapter and that it meant "bloodline" and showed him this scripture.

Lev 18:6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD.

His reply to me was: Ya but it doesn't say "cousin" in there. I almost lost my breath when he said that. I said dad, it's wrong period. Just recently trying to share with him further on this i mentioned to him that not only was this "incest" but he's also in violation of "fornication" and that for both he would not inherit the kingdom of God to which he replied:

Ya well, theres alot of things and reasons in the Bible where one won't make heaven. But yet he claims to be a christian. My dad is so decieved and so blind. He is just a christian in title or name only and goes to church about 3 or 4 times a year to what i call to scratch a religious itch i guess.

He continues to do whatever he wants and believes he's doing nothing wrong. He's been exposed to the true gospel of Jesus Christ even before i was born and more so before Momma passed away because she lived it in a real way around him 24/7, so he has no excuse. It deeply saddens me how he is. Pleases Pray for my dad.

Brother Julian

2007/5/8 15:07
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Rom 1:20-32 NASB For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. (21) For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. (22) Professing to be wise, they became fools, (23) and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures. (24) [b]Therefore God gave them over[/b] in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. (25) For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. (26) [b]For this reason God gave them over[/b] to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, (27) and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. (28) And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, [b]God gave them over[/b] to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, (29) being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, (30) slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, (31) without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; (32) and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.

And yet....one of the most dangerous places in the world spiritually today is a church without the Spirit of God.

2007/5/8 17:51Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Somehow, I have felt for a while it will come to this. When the prevailing philosophies center around "if it feels good,do it and it is is none of your business" society is on a slippery slope from which there is no exit apart from a supernatural intervention from God Almighty.

I cannot get away from thinking "how dumb can people really get?" Actually, if this becomes the rule, no one will be safe from any pervert - there will be a complete breakdown of any semblance of law and order. Where will that put the Christian? No doubt we will learn trust and faith in a new way never before imagined.

ginnyrose

2007/5/8 23:18Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Pleases Pray for my dad

Yes.

2007/5/9 0:03Profile

Re:

It wont be long and Pedophilia will be legal. If gays and lesbians and other freaks can say "this is the way God made me!" ... how can these same people say that pedophilia is wrong? Cuz the pedophiliac will say the same thing... "this is the way God made me!"

Thats the ultimate blasphemey... blaming God for sin.

Incest is sin. They can make it legal if they want to... it wont change the fact that it is sin.

Krispy

2007/5/9 8:17

Re:

Quote:
He came to me those 3 years ago saying to me: Son? You know the Bible .. Is it wrong for me to be with my first cousin in the eyes of God and his Word? I said dad, yes it is.

I'm with Mike, I'll pray for your dad too.

Folks, if we have to ask if something wrong... if we want to do something and we have to scour thru the Bible to see if it's ok for us to do it... then we probably shouldnt be doing it.

If we have the Holy Spirit then we know inside ourselves when we sin.

Krispy

2007/5/9 8:20
enid

Nottingham, England

How dark must a heart be in order to want such a thing?

They cannot see that they are wrong. The reason why is stated in the scripture someone quoted from Romans.

I think we fail to be shocked by anything anymore.

Not that what we hear does not hurt, but you just think, what next?

Legalise civil unions with animals, necrophilia,
nudity in public places other than the beach, sorry, that alreay happens doesn't it.

As it is, we know this is another satanic attack to blind the church from doing what God has called us to do.

All this is his hatred unleashed against the Church and the people of God.

He knows he cannot attack God, so he attacks us, the children of God.

There will be other detestable ungodly things to hurt, hinder and depress the Church of Jesus Christ.

But let us have the wisdom and the faith to see God in everything. Even in Doubting Castle.

God is good, and victorious.

Rom 16v20, 'And the God of peace will crush satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

And amen.

God bless.

2007/5/9 8:40Profile

The first strike for legalising incest came in our recent (2003, I think) Sexual Offences Bill, where the Home Secretary David Blunkett refused [u]all[/u] counsel from his civil servants [u]against[/u] making marriage between non-blood- related adoptive parties [u]illegal[/u].

This means that an adoptive parent can legally marry an adopted child, so long as there is no blood relationship. Previously, special permission had to be granted before this could happen.

Frankly, I feel adoptive parents are redefining the meaning of adoption, if they go this way.

It is not good for people's understanding of our adoption by God, either.

2007/5/9 8:59

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy