SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : why im not right with God and cant get round it!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: God Does as HE Pleases ...

Rahman said:

Quote:
i know i'm no longer interested in even attempting to understand all about God

Amen Brother.
I usually don't read long posts, but that was a totally awesome read.
And that website of the HubbleSite, that topped the whole message off, when I went to that site, I thought "Who is liken unto thee LORD".

Praise the LORD for that great message, it warmed my heart. Amen and Amen

2007/5/11 16:06
JFEdgar

Wellington, Ohio

Re: why im not right with God and cant get round it!

Something also to consider is the perspective. The gospel is about God's glory, not us. It involves us, because God shows His glory in His goodness to us, but it is not about us or our salvation. The everlasting gospel is "Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water." (rev 14:6-8)

2007/5/12 12:02Profile
FreebyWord

Re: why im not right with God and cant get round it!

Straw, Rahman is quite right. The answer is really so simple. God is God. God is sovereign (everything is by, for, to, through, of HIS will). He is the Potter. We are the clay in the Potter's hand. His thoughts are so far above our thoughts, it is actually quite joyous when contemplated. His ways are simply this---incomprehensible.

2007/6/21 21:03Profile

Re:

Hey, there are so many "Hi Andy"s on here, I thought it about time I chimed in too.

'Hi Andy'.

Hey, Last Mother's Day 2006, I went to hit the SI shortcut on my desktop and POW, it blew my computer. I thought you'd find that funny.

A friend wanted to fix it ever since, but I felt or feel - "nothing is an accident" and had a complete peace about it - and knew, that when The Father wanted me back on, He'd let me know.

Well, I came on the end of May after letting the friend fix this old thing.

Don't know how long I'll stay on-line this time, but Monday may be it.

Just wanted to join the crowd and say 'Hi Andy' ... don't give up the ship and those who care about you here. I care too, but me and this computer and ISP time are unreliable, unless you lived around the corner.

Bless you and stay well with HIM.
Love to you.
Annie again

2007/6/21 21:28
strawrifle

uk

Re:

Hi all i was reminded by Annie of her reply to me here.I'm sorry i didn't reply to all your answers..

where am i now? hmmmmmmm between a rock and a hard thing i guess..

I have times of clarity,but others of confusion and sin..

As far as my salvation i'm not sure,i get stirred by listening to for example a Katz sermon..But on the flip side find the bible boring,and worry not a jot about anothers salvation..

I guess i feel like the man who was healed by Jesus who said i see people,but they look like trees...

andy

2007/6/29 13:14Profile

Re:

HI Andy, {waving}, I got a break from my ISP for more free time. Bless God.

As I was reading your post, I thought of the same thing ... the men as trees walking part.

A long time ago, I wrote about that in a small article.

A long story short ~ there's nothing wrong with waiting on GOD for that second touch. Amen.
The man that Jesus touched was honest with HIM, when he could have said, "Hey, this is at least better than being totally blind."

He was honest with The LORD and there is a reason that Jesus didn't "finish the job" so to speak, with the first touch.

You've found the symbolism He meant for you to find, alright!

Bless you brother and I will pray that you are "Filled to over-flowing" by His Rauch Kodesh.
Ps 51:11, I pray for myself too and am not ashamed to. None of us are beyond attack.

Bless you and when my faith was at it's complete end 13 years ago .... I thought it through and told the LORD, that I wanted to die with all the really dear Christians I know, and not with the world ... and after that The Lord started healing my 'sight' and deliver me from the hand of what the evil one wanted of me. Death, was what the enemy wanted for me.

But also, like you, I had folks praying for me during that horrendous time.
It wasn't that I had fallen back to a life of sin, but The Lord allowed me to go through a time of, only what we can describe as, feeling the complete loss of His Presence and only the presence of the DEEP dark world.

He used that Andy to show me what was coming upon the earth. He's given you discernment too.
The dear Saints that prayed for me during that time, didn't know what on earth was going on, but The Lord showed one that I would be alright after it all.

If you want His Hand on you, He won't let go ... even if it's just a hair's breath of "wanting".

Only HE can tenderize our hearts and as you well know, few of us have "attained" yet. So don't look at people .... right ?

LOVE you Andy,
always.

me again

2007/6/29 13:40

Re: Trees walking - just a thought

Quote:

GrannieAnnie wrote:
HI Andy, {waving}, I got a break from my ISP for more free time. Bless God.

As I was reading your post, I thought of the same thing ... the men as trees walking part.

A long time ago, I wrote about that in a small article.

A long story short ~ there's nothing wrong with waiting on GOD for that second touch. Amen.
The man that Jesus touched was honest with HIM, when he could have said, "Hey, this is at least better than being totally blind."

He was honest with The LORD and there is a reason that Jesus didn't "finish the job" so to speak, with the first touch.

You've found the symbolism He meant for you to find, alright!

Bless you brother and I will pray that you are "Filled to over-flowing" by His Rauch Kodesh.
Ps 51:11, I pray for myself too and am not ashamed to. None of us are beyond attack.

Bless you and when my faith was at it's complete end 13 years ago .... I thought it through and told the LORD, that I wanted to die with all the really dear Christians I know, and not with the world ... and after that The Lord started healing my 'sight' and deliver me from the hand of what the evil one wanted of me. Death, was what the enemy wanted for me.

But also, like you, I had folks praying for me during that horrendous time.
It wasn't that I had fallen back to a life of sin, but The Lord allowed me to go through a time of, only what we can describe as, feeling the complete loss of His Presence and only the presence of the DEEP dark world.

He used that Andy to show me what was coming upon the earth. He's given you discernment too.
The dear Saints that prayed for me during that time, didn't know what on earth was going on, but The Lord showed one that I would be alright after it all.

If you want His Hand on you, He won't let go ... even if it's just a hair's breath of "wanting".

Only HE can tenderize our hearts and as you well know, few of us have "attained" yet. So don't look at people .... right ?

LOVE you Andy,
always.

me again

Hi Andy

Re teh "trees walking" bit, I think the symbolism may be an even better picture than is obvious at first.

I read an AnswersinGenesis article about it. Can't remember the details, but it suggested that this blind man had not only lost his sight but lost the connections in his [u]brain[/u] to make sense of what he saw. This can apparently happen if someone loses their sight very young, or is blind for many years. For example, they can now operate on someone with congenital cateracts, that causes blindness at an early age; but their sight is often never normal for this reason - even if their eyes now work perfectly. And "men as trees" is appparently an accurate description of the way such a person would see things.

The articole suggests that the first healing of the blind man in the gospel was of his eyes, but the second touch was so his brain could PROCESS what his eyes were seeing.

Perhaps this is a kind of parable of what is happening spiritually! You believe - you "see" in that sense - but are still wrestling with mental blockages, meanings of things, the ways of God.

Be sure you are not alone in your struggles. Many, maybe most of us have been through such things in one way or another. And you are not alone because there are friends here, (and no doubt elsewhere, eg if you belong to a local church) holding you up in prayer until you get through this time of "wrestling".

Do NOT give up, hang in there until the Lord makes all things plain.

Blessings in Him

Jeannette

2007/6/29 16:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy