SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : God: Linear or "Eternal Now"??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re:

I understand your point of view here however you might want to consider: Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

As for your reference in Romans 11 you need to keep it in context and read through to Romans 12 midway through, if you stop there at rom 11:33 you're left with a warped perspective of God and a very inacurrate portrail of His character.

Psalms 131 is about quieting ourselves in the presence of God inorder to hear His voice and recieve His instruction or "things" that He has for us.

2007/5/13 13:13Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

I understand that many of you reject Calvinist Theology because you are uncomfortable with the idea of God choosing some for salvation and passing over others, but I am actually shocked at the level of 'Open Theism' that some of this forum have plunged.

The Bible is clear that God knows all things.
He is Omniscience.
"Lord, thou knowest all things? (John 21:17)
"God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things" (1 John 3:20)
"All things are naked and open unto his eyes" (Hebrews 4:13)
"Before I formed thee in the belly, I knew thee" (Jeremiah. 1:5)

And for those who believe that God can only know things that are past and present, not able to know the future because it hasn't occurred, I appeal to Isaiah 46:10 "He declares the end from the beginning and from ancient times the things that are not yet done"

How can Open Theism stand against this from scripture?

2007/5/15 11:36Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
I am actually shocked at the level of 'Open Theism' that some of this forum have plunged.

I am shocked too but not surprised. There are a number of doctrines that are proving attractive to many in these days. We are seeing an increasing high profile of 'evangelicals' here in the UK who embrace Open Theism, Moral Government Atonement and the, so called, New Perspective. I was talking to a close (Calvinist) friend just the other day who is much more aware of academic trends among evangelicals and who described 'evangelicalism' as being 'in meltdown'.

Here is an article by a leading evangelical in the UK; [url=http://e-n.org.uk/p-3026-The-current-crisis-in-evangelicalism.htm]post modern heresies.[/url]

2007/5/15 13:06Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy