SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Utter dependence - the antidote to utter depravity!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

rookie wrote:
Brother Ormly wrote:
Quote:
How did he plant it in Adam?

Quote:
Satan got to Adam through his wife Eve...

Lets see something here: Adam did NOT have a fallen nature when he was given the choice to make. What then was of him that he would choose to go the wrong way? Mind you, what I am after here is simply to point out man's freewill in his choosing[s] that never changed, even after the fall. I believe Adam began to make his excuses for his giving to Eve even before he partook. I can see him saying to himself: "Well, God gave her to me and what He gave can't be bad if she offers it to me...therefore". And then, of course we see him blame her and then God. I had kids like that.
Quote:
Adam chose to heed the voice of his wife instead of the voice of God. We find this is one of the ways Satan works don't we?

Yes and he hasn't changed is ways. Now he uses things like new cars and boats and all manner of materialism along with fantasies and lustful thoughts easily pulled from our past behavior.

He was after in Adam what Jesus became, a divine-human family with Christ as its Head, the Word become flesh. He is now after the same thing in Born Again ones. That plan has never been altered in anyway way except man, because of Adam's transgression, needed now to be redeemed for it to continue and come to fruition.....That is the Gospel message of Jesus Christ..Jesus was "full of Grace and Truth". No one since has been so filled...and not without reason....the absence of hunger and consequently revelation.

The revelation of Jesus Christ is the key to our understanding and that not by books and programs of learning. Though necessary to a large degree, the deposit of the bible to our spiritual bank account is most profitable when the Holy Spirit seeks to have something to draw from, when our hunger for Christ brings us into union with Him; when we begin to see things from His perspective. "It is written" is given life. In this is to be found the speaking to our hearts concerning the things of the Father. In this is the still small voice discovered....and groomed.

Only this understanding will cut his legs out from under Satan who seeks to undermine and discourage those who would be Joint-heirs with Christ.

2007/5/15 8:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy