SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : 2 Pet 1:4 participating in/partaking of God's holiness

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
conservative

2 Pet 1:4 participating in/partaking of God's holiness

I'm interested in hearing what some of you have to say about 2 Pet1:4 NIV

2 Peter 1:4 (New International Version - UK)

4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

KJV and the NASB use the term "partake" instead of
"participate"

Please let me put this perspective on it. Here in Phoenix cardiac surgery is almost commonplace. One particular surgeon will perform simultaneous surgeries with the assistance of other surgeons who open up the chest cavity preparing the way for
him to come along and do the critical portions (as if it all wasn't critical) The training of the other surgeons is recognized by the AMA. They are PARTICIPATING in the procedure.

Has anyone ever heard or know of preaching that use this text as it's basis

What say ye???

2007/4/30 23:19Profile
swsojourner

Re: 2 Pet 1:4 participating in/partaking of God's holiness

Howdy Conversative,

The Eastern Orthodox come closest to the truth here with 2 Peter 1:4..I think it almost takes an Eastern mindset to grasp it. It's powerful

so I would look into Orthodoxy for teaching on this text

just my .02 cents,
Karsten

2007/5/1 0:42Profile
conservative

Re:

Will look into it thanks, I'm captivated by the verse and it's implications. Sure does great damage to the idea of sinning a thousand times a day though!! :-D

2007/5/1 20:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy