SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Don't be Hatin'!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
adopted_son

the Land of Sunburned Yankees

Don't be Hatin'!

How does one begin? Not only is the Constitution at risk of being compromised, the very foundation of Christianity, our belief system, is coming under fire.
"Americans worried about new 'hate crime' legislation that could be used to make criminals of those whose religious faith doesn't endorse homosexuality could be facing a two-pronged attack, according to groups that monitor those developments.
The newest threat is being prepared by U.S. Rep. John Conyers, the head of the House Judiciary Committee, whose work is being called 'The Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2007,' (HR 254) according to the Rev. Ted Pike, of the National Prayer Network."

" 'This lays the groundwork for the 'thought police,'" said "onlymom," while "curveboy" said, "the implications of such a bill would put dissent of the government under hate speech and (offenders could) be arrested and thrown into detention camps... hate bill legislations needs to be dealt with in a fine line. once crossed there won't be any freedom of speech...."

Well, as I see it, we, The Church, have already messed up. For generations, we have allowed the loud-mouth religious nuts too much latitude in representing our Lord. I'm on the complacency list, too, because I've been in the family since 1998. I am "without excuse."
We should have stood up long ago and shushed the militants of the faith so that the messages of the Reidheads and the Tozers wouldn't be growing moss under the shadows of the Jesses et al. When we allow our people to do God a favor by cramming Leviticus down the throat of a "sensitive" man we shouldn't expect to be surprized to find that the homosexual community has more conviction for their beliefs than does the Church. So does the Islamic community, for that matter.
I'm recalling the opening line of the most popular download on this sight: "The Church of Jesus Christ is largly sleeping..."
Well Jesus DID SAY that there's a hard road ahead of us:

A Hard Road Before Them
16 "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; therefore be shrewd as serpents, and innocent as doves. 17 "But beware of men; for they will deliver you up to the courts, and scourge you in their synagogues; 18 and you shall even be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. 22 "And you will be hated by all on account of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved.

Matt 10:16-18, 22 (NASB77) (the real Bible ;-) )

Well, I'm not ashamed of the Gospel. And I hope that when it's illegal to be a Christian, that there'll be enough evidence to convict me. And I pray, "Lord, Increase my faith!" so that His Grace IS Sufficient for the likes of me....
thanks for letting me, the new guy, ramble....

2007/4/30 23:06Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy