SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Old and New Testament saints: Any difference?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re:

Quote:

Ormly wrote:
Quote:

UniqueWebRev wrote:
What a lovely way of looking at things, to be so at one with the Father that one asks only for what the Father wants, and knows what that is.

Yes

Quote:
But for us, being so untuned to Jesus, even though we have the Spirit in us, and Jesus in us, and we in Jesus, and Jesus in the Father, and the Father in Jesus, and therefore in us, and yet we cannot do this!

But that is what The message of the good news is all about, the enablement to become as He was.... that we become...NOW, as purposed in the Father through Jesus Christ.

Quote:
Is this not why we need the glorified body, that we may commune so freely?

No. Not if it is for now that Jesus spoke of it..

Quote:
For in my own skin, and the weight of me dragging me down, out and away from Jesus and the Spirit, I cannot know in that way.

Crucify it.

Dear Ormly, I do. And more and more do I hear, and know a little, but knowing in full?

Only Jesus could do that as a Human.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/5/1 13:13Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ, when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness for he is a babe.
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit.
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak for God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister and we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end that ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises for when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself, saying, surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.
And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise for men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath that by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil hither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

2007/5/1 14:06Profile

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
Quote:
The first born again believers are found in John 20.22, the indwelling. Therefore, Pentecost was not the born again experience. Pentecost was the receiving of the Promise of the Father; the coming upon of the Holy Spirit to be able/to learn to function in the things of God as Jesus, the man did.

I believe the exact opposite.

well, you have the scripture discribing what happened, what else can be said?

2007/5/1 14:19

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
Quote:
That's right. A doubleminded man is what the word means when referring to purifying the heart.

Do you just make these up on the spur of the moment?

No.... Its called insight. Forntuately not too much is required for that passage.

I guess by that comment you believe God gives a new one when you get saved?

2007/5/1 14:19

Re:

Quote:

UniqueWebRev wrote:
Quote:
Dear Ormly, I do. And more and more do I hear, and know a little, but knowing in full?

Only Jesus could do that as a Human.

Blessings,

Forrest

Who said you know in full?? Jesus, the man, didn't know in full either.

Maybe you haven't read that portion of it?

2007/5/1 14:24

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
Quote:
Read these three from Oswald Chambers and see how apply to John 17:

Oswald Chambers certainly did not believe what you believe.

Indeed he did. He persuaded me after I learned to read his style of writing.... then I never looked back. The Bible now reads like a new book.

If I was on a desert island with only 2 books granted me, one would my Thompson chain KJV amd the other would the complete works of Chambers sold on Amazon for under 30US.

You must speak of where it is you believe I am askew in my thinking. It is much too easy to say the right thing wrong on these forums.

2007/5/1 14:32

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
Quote:
Gen. 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.”

God said that before he had entered into any covenant with Abraham.

That is truth. Not only that but God did enter into convenant with Abraham with Him doing all the covenanting. I'm sure you remember that part when God walked through the pieces of meat sacrifice.

2007/5/1 14:39
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:

I believe that the essence of regeneration is a new heart as part of the fulfillment of God's New Covenant.“A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.”
(Ezek 36:26-27 KJVS)

2007/5/2 13:36Profile

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
Quote:

I believe that the essence of regeneration is a new heart as part of the fulfillment of God's New Covenant.“A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.”
(Ezek 36:26-27 KJVS)

I find it as a whole new nature and not a new heart that is given to the born again. But you check it out.

The gifted new heart can't be found in scripture except in Ezekiel as it pertains to Israel..

2007/5/2 17:05

Re:

I know i have never seen any scripture in the OT that says:
Repent and be filled with the Holy Spirit. Yet this is said in Acts, to repent and receive the Gift of the Holy Spirit. Wasn't the Gift of the Holy Spirit promised with the New Covenant?
Hebrews 11 also states tht all those in the OT died without having received the Promise. It certainly doesn't mean the promise of salvation, but it means the promise of the Holy Spirit indwelling. If OT Saints were indwelt with the Holy Spirit which comes with regeneration, they why would Jesus need to died on a cross for salvation.

2007/5/14 14:49

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy